Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So tonight I played the Killzone multiplayer a bit more and tried out the Blacklight Retribution multiplayer. Well Blacklight was a surprising treat. It's very back to basics online shooting and for that I love it.

I think I'll shift Killzone on and have Blacklight as my go-to shooter. No frills, but no failed ideas. Just run and gun with great shooter mechanics. I like it a lot. Everyone should give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

wQi2FF9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

OK so I have a US PSN account set up. If I activate it as my primary account will a us psn subscription work accroas all my accounts. I basically want to make the US account my secondary account for cheap digital games and PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I finally sat down properly with killzone shortfall. I think I did 3 or 4 missions.
    I just really don't ****ing get it... Why something like cod gets good scores for single player and killzone shadowtfall is called an average shooter.
    Visually it looks fantastic, I don't know which game I played last time, which would wow me so much.
    Controls are so damn spot on. Weapons feel like they really got impact and animation are just plain and simple great. It feels like shooting with something that hurts and it feels like hitting something with weight in it, not an air balloons. The sound effects of weapons are one of the best I ever heard in video game.
    Missions had some very cool environment already and Very different from each other.
    It goes with usual war story, but killzone finally got one thing I wanted from it: a lot more deeper look in to actual societies and how day to day people live. From some missions already I can tell that Vekta are assholes in a lot of ways too. It's not just bad vs evil.

Anyway, my little rant. I really liked killzone so far. I did not even tried multiplayer yet. Millstone does not deserve the amount of **** it gets, that's for sure.

I agree about the sound in Killzone, its some of the best I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So I finally sat down properly with killzone shortfall. I think I did 3 or 4 missions.
    I just really don't ****ing get it... Why something like cod gets good scores for single player and killzone shadowtfall is called an average shooter.
    Visually it looks fantastic, I don't know which game I played last time, which would wow me so much.
    Controls are so damn spot on. Weapons feel like they really got impact and animation are just plain and simple great. It feels like shooting with something that hurts and it feels like hitting something with weight in it, not an air balloons. The sound effects of weapons are one of the best I ever heard in video game.
    Missions had some very cool environment already and Very different from each other.
    It goes with usual war story, but killzone finally got one thing I wanted from it: a lot more deeper look in to actual societies and how day to day people live. From some missions already I can tell that Vekta are assholes in a lot of ways too. It's not just bad vs evil.

Anyway, my little rant. I really liked killzone so far. I did not even tried multiplayer yet. Millstone does not deserve the amount of **** it gets, that's for sure.

The level design is atrocious, some of the worse I have seen in a "triple A" game. I'm not fan of CoD, but I always found them to have good - excellent level design.

I found one of the early levels in Killzone, where you are in the woods, to be terrible in terms of design, to the point where I actually just stopped playing it. Had to force myself through it in another play-through.

Now, I'm going into rant territory here :P but near the end of the 2nd or 3rd combat mission, (no story spoilers but mentions the location and ending of an early mission)
    where you are in the space shuttle, if you shoot the panels along the side the sun beams in and kills any enemies within it's ray. Yet at the end, you are literally floating in space in front of it, and yet you survive without a scratch.
    It's minor, but things like that annoy me, it's like they just didn't bother with any sort of consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Is the Music Unlimited app gone tits up for anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Seen this on ign lads..

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/hacked-psn-accounts-used-to-make-fraudulent-charges

as a precaution do not use your credit cards to buy anything on playstation store... this isnt a windup nobody needs to get caught this side of christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Seen this on ign lads..

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/hacked-psn-accounts-used-to-make-fraudulent-charges

as a precaution do not use your credit cards to buy anything on playstation store... this isnt a windup nobody needs to get caught this side of christmas
    Of course, there's no direct evidence the alleged charges are in fact related to the emails sent out from Sony, and it's unclear if the issue is widespread. IGN has contacted Sony on the matter, but as of this writing, the company has not returned the request for comment.

IGN scaremongering again.

Well the first week with the PS4 is over and I have either finished everything or have grown bored with what I have, it is back to the PS3 and to catch up on my list of unplayed games as I have no work for nearly a month, the PS4 is an amazing console do not get me wrong, but till more games come out I am done with it at the moment, I have far more interest in games coming out on the PS3 next year, but they will be bookended with the likes of The Order 1886, The Evil Within, Child of Light etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Xenji wrote: »
    IGN scaremongering again.

An absolutely massive company like ign scaremongering????

An absolutely massive company like ign scaremongering????

It is clickbait, all the big sites do it regardless of their size, they even admit in the article that they do not know if it is Sonys fault, why post something like that if they are not 100 percent sure it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Destiney by Bungie is Launching Sept 14.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Is the Music Unlimited app gone tits up for anybody else?

Yup. I was trying to listen to some Static X while shooting people in the face in Backlight, but the servers kept going down. Annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Seen this on ign lads..

lol I used to work in fraud for PayPal. The first sounds like friendly fraud and the $650 one with a clothing store is nothing to do with the fact their CC is on PS.

It's like blaming Ryanair because your CC was stolen as you booked a flight 2 weeks ago

If someone hacked into your PSN account the full CC number isn't there so in 0 chance it is related to Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Has anyone had problems redeeming there 14 day free trial? I have been shown a message saying I'm eligible for it but when I go into the playstation store its not there, can only see the paid options. I have never had ps+ before, apart from when they the network was down for a month on the ps3 i think they might have given people a free trial of it or something.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yup. I was trying to listen to some Static X while shooting people in the face in Backlight, but the servers kept going down. Annoying.

So, what you're really saying is your poor taste in music broke the servers? :D

nocoverart wrote: »
    So, what you're really saying is your poor taste in music broke the servers? :D

What am I going to listen to Mumford And Sons when I'm tearing people up?! :pac:

Same problem for me while listening to Megadeth & Enya I keep getting booted off the server

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Has anyone had problems redeeming there 14 day free trial? I have been shown a message saying I'm eligible for it but when I go into the playstation store its not there, can only see the paid options. I have never had ps+ before, apart from when they the network was down for a month on the ps3 i think they might have given people a free trial of it or something.

So, what you are saying is you did have a PS+ account before.
    It's only available to new accounts.
    Create a new account, you should be good to go.

• Advertisement

What am I going to listen to Mumford And Sons when I'm tearing people up?! :pac:

Oh God no! don't do that to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Regarding PSN and credit card details, I've never used my card details I just get redeemable code cards in gamestop or wherever and use those details. Do not trust security on PSN. Probably overly cautious, but what harm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

Anyone know where to get cheaper PS Plus subscriptions?
    Needs to be for the Irish Account.

Regarding PSN and credit card details, I've never used my card details I just get redeemable code cards in gamestop or wherever and use those details. Do not trust security on PSN. Probably overly cautious, but what harm

I use a Debit Card on my spare Empty Current Account and only top it up when I need to buy something!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Benzino wrote: »
    The level design is atrocious, some of the worse I have seen in a "triple A" game. I'm not fan of CoD, but I always found them to have good - excellent level design.

I found one of the early levels in Killzone, where you are in the woods, to be terrible in terms of design, to the point where I actually just stopped playing it. Had to force myself through it in another play-through.

Now, I'm going into rant territory here :P but near the end of the 2nd or 3rd combat mission, (no story spoilers but mentions the location and ending of an early mission)
    where you are in the space shuttle, if you shoot the panels along the side the sun beams in and kills any enemies within it's ray. Yet at the end, you are literally floating in space in front of it, and yet you survive without a scratch.
    It's minor, but things like that annoy me, it's like they just didn't bother with any sort of consistency.

Sorry, but Cod has no level design at all. Its go from A to B and wait until NPC open doors. Killzone Level design is not great but it is years better then cods. Specially in that wood level. I think people are getting more frustraded that the Missions objective markers dont make a Breadcrumb trail and it is a bit harder to find your objective point.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

F1ngers wrote: »
    So, what you are saying is you did have a PS+ account before.
    It's only available to new accounts.
    Create a new account, you should be good to go.

Ha if thats true its a bit **** ha. Only had it because when the network was back up everyone got it. Ah I'll just buy a year I was going to do it in two weeks anyway. Thanks

Anyone going to watch the VGX awards tonight, it is starting at 11pm our time.
    What we know:

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone will be on-hand with an "exclusive sneak peek" at the upcoming stylized role-playing game.

Destiny - Bungie promises to share "a detail or two" concerning its upcoming shared-world shooter.

Titanfall - We're promised a look at new Titanfall content.

Quantum Break - Remedy will show off gameplay for the mysterious transmedia game.

Broken Age - Wil Wheaton was just revealed as the lastest member of the cast, and Double Fine promised another big voice actor reveal at the show.

Dying Light - From the makers of Dead Island comes a new zombie-themed open-world survival game, which is split into two parts: night and day. Perhaps we'll learn a release date.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Prepare yourself for the first in-engine footage.

Thief - Square Enix has said the game will make an appearance at the show. But beyond that, there's nothing to go on. We already know the release date and platforms, so what's left?

Tomb Raider - We know some form of Tomb Raider news is planned. Last month, Amazon posted a product listing for a Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for PS4. Plus, there's a sequel in development.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - A new in-game trailer is promised for one of 2014's most anticipated role-playing games. Will it live up to the hype?

Mystery Wii U game - Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime, making his first appearance in the show's ten-year history, will be on-hand to provide a "new look at an upcoming Wii U game."

Mystery indie game - Described only as "very special game."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/vgx-2013-video-game-awards-before-the-show-round-up/1100-6416592/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can't wait for tombraider news, I loved that game. Will gladly buy it again on PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

jaffusmax wrote: »

Let me know how you get in with these will have to buy some myself if they are good. Thankfully the the wear hasn't got any worse so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement