Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NBA 2k14 has really good couch co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Varik wrote: »
    Ps4 is online but keep getting an error on my friends list, E-82F001F7.

yeah im gettin that aswell aswell as 1 starting with CE must be network problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Varik wrote: »
    Ps4 is online but keep getting an error on my friends list, E-82F001F7.
    Same here, games are crashing for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Markitron wrote: »
    Dont suppose anybody knows the trade-in value of Killzone at Gamestop/XtraVision? Finished it and want to get Fifa

HMV Henry street gave me €52.50, Xtravision are offering €40, and Gamestop €28, at least on Thursday this was the situation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Batesy wrote: »
    Resogun FFS. Resogun!!!

Didnt know that was two player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Probably a stupid question, but anywhere you can rent PS4 games yet? will have Family and Friends over around Xmas and they'll be expecting a few games of COD. No way I'm dropping a significant amount of money on that sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

nocoverart wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but anywhere you can rent PS4 games yet? will have Family and Friends over around Xmas and they'll be expecting a few games of COD. No way I'm dropping a significant amount of money on that sh1te!

Xtravision said MAYBE in January.

Force your family and friends to play a DECENT game ffs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Have to say once I gave kilkzone a chance after reading nothing but negative bits about it that its actually good. Enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

mikey1357 wrote: »
    I played and loved Tomb raider on the ps3 and im definitely getting it again on the ps4. who ever loved the previous Tomb raider games will love this one, its a must play
    Got it for pretty cheap on PC so buying again isn't an issue. The ultra settings made me drool, shame I only got like 12 frames per second though so the PS4 version should be immense. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So I'm flipping between the PS3 and PS4
    Turned on the PS3 and it's like it started in safemode. Wouldn't recognise my password either. Took ages to fix (cider related stupidity)
    When I went back to the PS4 it was fooked. Nat type strict??? Sigh
    My diploma in turning it off and on fixed that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Just Platiumed Resogun

victory-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1339.gif

Kodoku: PS4 & PS Vita indie horror title gets first screens, out 2015.
    Indie developer Carnivore Studio is working on a new horror and exploration game called Kodoku for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.

According to a PocketGamer preview, the game utilizes stealth and sorcery over weapons as means to survive.

Players will take on the role of a collector who must travel to the island of Kodoku, abandoned and haunted by paranormal entities from Japanese folklore, to find a rare book. As you explore the island, you must uncover the source of the paranormal phenomena, as well as a way off the island. During your investigation, you must gather documents and proof that the paranormal phenomena is genuine.

Players will be able to focus their senses to detect direction and proximity of threats while hiding in shadows, listening to noises, and distracting enemies. Spells, which will aid you in enemy evasion and puzzle solving, can be created via simple crafting.

PocketGamer reports that Kodoku will drop early 2015 courtesy of developer Carnivore, and stars a collector who has travelled to a haunted Japanese island to search for a mysterious book. Guarding the tome is a shed-load of angry spirits, that you must prove to the world are real by collecting evidence and documents as you go.

Kodoku_ps4_vita_1.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/indie-dev-announces-horror-game-kodoku-for-ps4-ps-vita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone else noticing that they're PS4 is working far better on WiFi than hard-wired? I sure am.

I've tried multiple ethernet cables and router ports but the result is still less than 1Mb download.

But when i have it on WiFi im getting up to 8Mb download.

Strange. Anything else that i hardwire works perfectly.

Doesn't bother me at all, just seeing if anyone else has the same issues.

Yeah I've tested the internet a few times through the PSN and was getting 1-12 mb down. My laptop was getting 30 down on wifi.
    Just thought it was the PSN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I've tested the internet a few times through the PSN and was getting 1-12 mb down. My laptop was getting 30 down on wifi.
    Just thought it was the PSN

WiFi on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Alright so is the best place to buy us psn credit from amazon?

Sorry PS4 is wired
    I've never tried it Wifi

jvrk wrote: »
    Alright so is the best place to buy us psn credit from amazon?

It usually works out the cheapest, just make sure to use a US billing address.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing that they're PS4 is working far better on WiFi than hard-wired? I sure am.

I've tried multiple ethernet cables and router ports but the result is still less than 1Mb download.

But when i have it on WiFi im getting up to 8Mb download.

Strange. Anything else that i hardwire works perfectly.

Doesn't bother me at all, just seeing if anyone else has the same issues.

I use mine with WiFi and the speeds are better then when it is wired, not by much but it is still faster and saved me having to move the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Xenji wrote: »
    It usually works out the cheapest, just make sure to use a US billing address.

And I think people suggest picking a state with zero sales tax too.

I'm a PSN noob, setup my US account with a Portland, Oregon address.

• Advertisement

I have been getting speeds of 24mb Down & 11mb Up when connected to Wifi with eFibre when testing the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Is anyone having network issues with it today? I just got my PS4 in the post this morning and set it up a few minutes ago but nothing will download, I can't activate my PS+ membership either. The internet is working on it I can log in etc but none of those other services are working for me.

Ignore me. I just seen in another thread there is maintenance until 12. Just my luck its happening on the day I get my PS4.

And I think people suggest picking a state with zero sales tax too.

I'm a PSN noob, setup my US account with a Portland, Oregon address.

Yeah I always use the Drunk Duck, 1102 Montana Ave Laurel, Mt 59044, USA.

Qs wrote: »
    Is anyone having network issues with it today? I just got my PS4 in the post this morning and set it up a few minutes ago but nothing will download, I can't activate my PS+ membership either. The internet is working on it I can log in etc but none of those other services are working for me.

It was acting up for me earlier, there will be scheduled maintenance Today and Tomorrow from 4pm to Midnight

So it shouldn't have started yet. Great, I probably wont be able to play until tomorrow then.

And I've no games, I was planning on just keeping myself occupied with Resogun, etc until Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

jaffusmax wrote: »
    It was acting up for me earlier, there will be scheduled maintenance Today and Tomorrow from 4pm to Midnight
    Bastards. Finished my exam at 6:30 and thought I'd take it easy for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Could this scheduled maintenance be an indicator of an imminent release of another firmware update? I know that's impossible to know for sure. Just wondering if prior to PS3 software updates were usually preceded by scheduled maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Like on PS3, if we login before the maintenance are we okay?

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    Could this scheduled maintenance be an indicator of an imminent release of another firmware update? I know that's impossible to know for sure. Just wondering if prior to PS3 software updates were usually preceded by scheduled maintenance?

Not really, we have heard nothing about a new update so far and they usually let people know a few days beforehand of a upcoming release, the maintenance is not uncommon, actually it is quite frequent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement