Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

what a crap meeting all shooters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Thought the whole thing overall was very weak, only thing that caught my attention was watchdogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Id say ill be waiting a year or two to buy the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

tumblr_mdgh1mOIXh1rl33eno1_500.gif

god damn i was hoping for more :( of course square acting the dick again, probably ff xiii 4 if their track record is anything to go by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Some good looking stuff in there, but mostly crap.

Night all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You people are so cynical, I would have like to have seen the console but now we have something to look forward to at E3. The main thing I wanted to see was the software, and the general UI, and features, they showed that so I'm happy. I liked some of the games, I didn't like others but that doesn't mean I have to go raging because a game doesn't interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

console is coming out at the end of the year. Looks like there are some games that will be running on PS3 and PS4, I hope BF4 is going to be doing so.

Happy enough with the press conference. I didn't want to see anything tonight that was hype or misleading. 8GB of DDR5 and a ultra sharp controller really does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Two hours watching and they dont even show the console wtf :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I don't get the big deal over what it looks like, as long as its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm actually in tears here because they didn't show what the console looks like. So devastated. Punching walls and everything.

No wait, I'm an adult and I dont care, as long as it has great games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Thought the whole thing overall was very weak, only thing that caught my attention was watchdogs.

You didn't like the announcement of an announcement of a final fantasy game? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    christmas 2013...I find it hard to believe they will get the ball rolling strong enough to hit that without a repeat of the ps3 lack of numbers fiasco.

Also lack of mention of blu ray is curious.

Well we won't have it 2013, the US yes.

Sony are a major Bluray partner so of course it goes without saying it will have the BR drive. Besides they need BR discs to put the games on. It's not 100% digital download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I'm gonna do something stupid like this again :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    christmas 2013...I find it hard to believe they will get the ball rolling strong enough to hit that without a repeat of the ps3 lack of numbers fiasco.

Also lack of mention of blu ray is curious.

Well no novel chip design means they can use existing production capacity at AMD. For PS3 they basically had to build entire new fabs.

just awful whats with all the shooters yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

What about announcing a Vita price cut, get some friggin units sold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,452 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Even design concepts for the console it self wouldnt of gone astray tbh

Ugh, been excited for this announcement and I get a slap in the face

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

If they didn't have even a dummy box to show off...or even concrete specs, what was the point??

It looks like the dev. kits and leaks were 100$ accurate. The controller was almost udentical to the prototype pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Bit disappointed nothing mentioned about moving PS+ to the next generation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,535 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Spoiler: it's a black box that sits under your TV. It might be a different colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,169 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watch Dogs, Knack and Infamous interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

What a waste of time,a few exclusives and the rest multi-console games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I must be the only person who doesn't care what the console looks like... It's just a box.

Only parts that really stood out for me were the Media Molecule sculpting game and Watch Dogs, possibly that 'deep down' game as well. The PS4 exclusives were boring, although the graphics were nice.

Not at all interested in the live streaming stuff (can't understand the appeal of it) although the instant-play downloading seemed like a nice feature.

Underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

As a player who bought the PS3 and migrated away for the 360 this has me interested. I know it wasn't spectacular but Watchdog looked amazing.

I can't wait for E3 now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

^this!

Dont know why they are bringing Diablo 3 to ps3, unless they have changed the game massively or plan to it wont do too well. Dont know how you would play that on a console either. The whole show was pretty ****e, except for watch dogs that looks unreal! KillZone looks like a standard on rails shooter. No interest in that. Destiny could be good but will need to know more.

What is hardware developers obsession with wanting to share everything with everyone all the time. I dont want to see some guys **** un-edited game play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

When is E3? April?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

eddhorse wrote: »
    I'm gonna do something stupid like this again :

You got ripped off. Smyths did a 'get any two games plus second controller for €700' deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Spoiler: it's a black box that sits under your TV. It might be a different colour.

If console looks didn't matter everyone would just release a black box every few years. They style them for a reason. The phat PS3 is savage looking and stylish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

baraca wrote: »
    When is E3? April?

June

• Advertisement

Fairly happy with that. So what if you didn't see the actual console. They showed what it can do which I think is far more important than what the bloody thing will look like. They will undoubtedly be showing a lot more from now on. at E3 etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement