Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

baraca wrote: »
    When is E3? April?

June 13th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

tought watch dog looked like a fancyer version of la noirs chase sections tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

baraca wrote: »
    When is E3? April?

June

Very interested in what R* do with GTA V, will they release a better version for PS4 with it coming a few months later?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,535 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If console looks didn't matter everyone would just release a black box every few years. They style them for a reason. The phat PS3 is savage looking and stylish.

External looks barely matter - certainly rock bottom on list of priorities. It's, to use a cliche, what's inside that counts. That's why they release new consoles once or twice a decade. This show focused on games and features as it should've done. The fact that many of the games were a tad underwhelming is a whole other argument...

As long as it doesn't look like an original XBox (shudder), we're good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

And hey DID NOT show off the interface....where was the main menu?, the interface, the system options etc.

We saw nothing.....waste of two hours. I'll BET M$ will have a box to show off and fix all the launch mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Sony could hardly run a load of games tonight could they ? After all thats what E3 is for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭RedXIV

And hey DID NOT show off the interface....where was the main menu?, the interface, the system options etc.

We saw nothing.....waste of two hours. I'll BET M$ will have a box to show off and fix all the launch mistakes.

They did when they were playing knack?

farce.....they lost me here, lets see what M$ does.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Was hoping to actually see the PS4, controller looks rough aswell, games looked nice and some cool features which all boil down to internet speed which is worrying since its shocking here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well deep down looked like a pre rendered scene, ff tech demo has been out for ever only thing that really showed off the gpu abilities where watchdogs driveclub and killzone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yes they did, they spent 20minutes going through the interface, the upload features, share button etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've never owned a Sony console that I haven't loved. I'll buy it if it looks like this:

black-welly.jpg

They showed the menu near the start.

RedXIV wrote: »
    They did when they were playing knack?

one screen is not the main menu/interface...we want to see the OS, the system settings, the options, not some brief metro type screens :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

iMuse wrote: »
    June

Very interested in what R* do with GTA V, will they release a better version for PS4 with it coming a few months later?

I highly doubt it. Rockstar need to maximise their profits and the cost of developing for the PS4 will far outweigh the sales of the PS4 games I would imagine. I wouldnt imagine that the majority of gamers will go out and buy the PS4/xBox 720 on the day of release but Of course this all depends on the launch price of the PS4. There wont be a healthy amount of next gen gamers until a good year or two after the console has been released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Take my money Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

one screen is not the main menu/interface...we want to see the OS, the system settings, the options, not some brief metro type screens :mad:

You really expect them to announce every little thing of the OS? They showed the main screen, and showed some exciting features, thats enough for now.

It looks amazing, Love the shade of grey used.

sony_playstation_development_kit.jpg&width=550&height=356&cache=1&quality=99&aspect=0&format=jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I said this to my sister when watching the stream. They say this is what the gamer wants but the gamer want is to just play games. This whole uping the price on the console with all this useless features and ****e is not needed. Facebook and ustream should just stay away from consoles as far as im concerned, why do i need to brag to my friends on facebook that i have worthless trophies when they mean nothing at all.

Overall it was boring to me and this may be the first time ever i wont own a sony product

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's actually bizarre that they've had a launch for a product without actually showing what the product looks like. I know it's generally meaningless but it is a weird thing to do. Nobody does that. It was a bit of a botch job, really.

Missed the start, did they announce anything about cross party chat? Fairly important for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Suppose the thread should now be renamed from 'rumour' to Playstation 4. Can a mod change it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It's actually bizarre that they've had a launch for a product without actually showing what the product looks like. I know it's generally meaningless but it is a weird thing to do. Nobody does that. It was a bit of a botch job, really.

Missed the start, did they announce anything about cross party chat? Fairly important for me.

Yeah cross game chat was mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

You got ripped off. Smyths did a 'get any two games plus second controller for €700' deal.
    Yeah not sure, Spider-Man was a terrible game for a launch game....for €69.99 as well *puke*
    Plus it is dead now until I get it reballed !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

'Sony unveil new Playstation console' - Nope.

Only impressive moment was 'Watchdogs' and that's not even an exclusive. No innovation whatsoever and graphics do not a good game make...

I don't want to shíte all over Twitter or Facebook with my gaming experiences and I don't want to take part in more QTEs (Killzone - I am looking at you, and increasing your colour palette does not make you any less brown).

My only enjoyment from this event lies with the hope that developers making games for the new consoles can now finally reveal their products - The Last Guardian, Alan Wake 2, Half-life 3, maybe a new Fallout?

EDIT: P.S., this whole event screamed micro-transactions and DLC. Don't ask why, I just remember hearing so much on connectivity and ease to access networks and share stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That the royal we, as most here seem to be happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

RedXIV wrote: »
    Yeah cross game chat was mentioned

Cheers. If they can get that right they'd be doing a lot to catch up with MS for the online experience. It's one of the main things that puts me off playing games on PS3 that I'll play a lot online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The Watchdogs demo was all real, just playing in the open world and finding the info that led to the robbery and it took off from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A 'Holiday 2013' release date is just weird. Hey sooner its launched the better and all that.

But it just feels like the console will get 'ports' within the first while of its life. Knacked seemed to be the only game that was deep into its development cycle. Of course, funny the way its being directed by the guy in charge of the ps4's development ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I couldn't help but notice that it took way over an hour before someone used the word "gameplay", which is the thing that I'm really interested in. Being a gamer and all that. Watch Dogs looks very cool, but it's the only thing that jumped out at me. I would have liked to see more of Capacom's new title, but that clip didn't really show much. Square Enix's clip was leaked months ago. I remember seeing it right here on boards.

The idea of being able to stream games is pretty cool. I run a wee gaming site in my spare time, and I reckon myself and the guy I run it with could have some fun with this. However, outside of that, I can't imagine ever using it. My Xbox 360 hasn't even been plugged into the internet in the guts of a year, so I'm personally interested in some games that do not include the rest of the feckin' world wanting to play along.

... Can I have some games please?

• Advertisement

The Watchdogs demo was all real, just playing in the open world and finding the info that led to the robbery and it took off from there.

Running on PC though, confirmed by Ubisoft.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement