Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Anyways, ball will be in MS' corner for E3, since the initial buzz of the PS4 will have simmered down a bit if they come out showing the Next Box with improved Kinect support and amazing sports channels you can access* they may as well not bother.

That'll be bad for MS, if Sony announce now in February then they can get the specs and some of the features out there and then focus on games and such between now and E3 with a steady stream of news and really get the marketing started.

Then there's all the 3rd party devs who'll spend the next few months talking about the PS4 and their new games(no MS announcement means no new Xbox so no new games). We'll see EA talking about BF4 and Activision about their next COD and so on for the next while.

MS waiting too long would be terrible for them.
    Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Talkign with a friend and we figured The Last Guardian must be a PS4 game at this stage, only reason they havent been banging on about it is due to a graphical overhaul they couldnt show until the new system is revealed. Or they are just going to go "Oh TLG....oh thats out next week.....didnt we tell you?"

I agree with this, while it's rather stupid for the game to be delayed so long that it's going to be released on a new console it would make a good launch game and even for those who would cry bloody murder at being force to buy the PS4 ( forced because they have no restraint) they'd still buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

So, what games/quick snippets does everyone think they will showcase with the next Playstation on Feb 20th? Sure it'll be all about the hardware and most of the game news will be kept for E3 but they'll definitely showcase a few titles even if they're only brief glimpses to get the world salivating.

Personally, I'd say we'll see a new Uncharted and Killzone trailer along with a concept for the next Gran Turismo (even if it doesn't come out for another 3 years) and implementation of Square Enix's new engine be it a new Final Fantasy or something else.

I'd say there'll also be games based around whatever new tech has been implemented into the system. Kind of like how Little Deviants and the like were used to showcase the Vita's unique features. Possibly a few indie games too?

Oh and definitely something to do with Gaikai.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd say we'll see a new Uncharted and Killzone trailer along with a concept for the next Gran Turismo (even if it doesn't come out for another 3 years) and implementation of Square Enix's new engine be it a new Final Fantasy or something else.

Killzone Mercenary is being done by Guerrilla Cambridge (Sony just named them that, they used to be SCE Cambridge) and looks great but Guerrilla proper is doing nothing, so I'd like to see another Killzone which would be possible.

Square show off FFIX (for a change) running on their new engine on the PS4 and then spend the rest of the next generation acting like idiots.

Posters on Neogaf are having a stab at what they think the PS4 controller might look like:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=511201&page=24

Some of them are actually quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Will the launch event be streamed live?....must be *event* tv of sorts.
    Did anyone here see the PS3 launch?

Will the launch event be streamed live?....must be *event* tv of sorts.
    Did anyone here see the PS3 launch?

Looks like it:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/sonys-rumoured-playstation-4-reveal-event-will-be-live-streamed-6403338

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's on at 8pm PST, isn't it? So 4am here.

Look forward to loads of people rushing out to buy it upon release and then spending the following 6/7 months complaining about there being no games for it.

Was just reading an letter on metro from someone saying how they bought a PS3 for The Last Guardian. why would you do that? Surely if you want a console just because of one game, you wait for that game to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

4 bloody AM! I'll need plenty of coffee.... and beer

nocoverart wrote: »
    4 bloody AM! I'll need plenty of coffee.... and beer

Looks like it's the old coffee/red bull/lucozade mix so. Hello darkness here I come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

Looks like it:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/sonys-rumoured-playstation-4-reveal-event-will-be-live-streamed-6403338[/QUOTE]

This article says 23:00 GMT can anyone confirm what time it's on at 04:00am or 23:00 ???

It's 6pm EST which is -5 GMT

So ye it's 11pm

Ah my bad. Sorry. I thought I read it was 8pm PST, because I remember thinking I wouldn't be staying up for it. But 6PM EST is a great time. :)

Wasn't it their E3 conference that was 2AM on a Monday night/Tuesday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

are we expecting a release before E3? is it realistic do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

srumball wrote: »
    are we expecting a release before E3? is it realistic do you think?

No, I think the release will be the end of the year, hopefully in all territories at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Otacon wrote: »
    No, I think the release will be the end of the year, hopefully in all territories at the same time.

I'd say Xmas for Japan. This time next year for the US and mid summer 2014 for the EU. That's the way Sony have always done it. Why change now, they always make a big deal of having all the different localisations to deal with for the EU.

Hopefully that will mean we get a better launch line up of games.

I'd say Xmas for Japan. This time next year for the US and mid summer 2014 for the EU. That's the way Sony have always done it. Why change now, they always make a big deal of having all the different localisations to deal with for the EU.

Hopefully that will mean we get a better launch line up of games.

No way it'll be that spread out or that big a delay before the EU release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Posters on Neogaf are having a stab at what they think the PS4 controller might look like:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=511201&page=24

Some of them are actually quite good.

Yeah some do look alright. It feels like a simple redesign though, a touch screen instead of two buttons. Nothing too revolutionary.

I wish they would do something with the analog sticks, they don't feed into the game properly. They remind me of an old mouse thats hit and miss with no sensitivity. Two digital sticks would be a lot better.

US should be getting the Christmas launch along with Japan, Europe will probably have to wait until the new year.

I would like to see battlefield 4 on the PS4 as opposed to the PS3.

Varik wrote: »
    No way it'll be that spread out or that big a delay before the EU release.

And why not? They did the same with the PS3 and gave MS a massive lead with the 360 in Europe.

One thing is for sure, we won't be getting the PS4 here in 2013. March 2014 at the earliest, me thinks.

And why not? They did the same with the PS3 and gave MS a massive lead with the 360 in Europe.

One thing is for sure, we won't be getting the PS4 here in 2013. March 2014 at the earliest, me thinks.

It wouldn't be the same thing, the PS3 was made with many completely proprietary components and even then that was about 4 months and not near your original prediction of ~6.

2 months between the initial launch and the last main ones would be the maximum i could see.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

If mods wanna merge threads or rename, fire away!
    As we all should or soon will know the PS4 launches in New York at a special event which WILL be streamed live.

Taking place @ 6pm EST = 11pm GMT I am sure PS fans will gather here to watch live, oogle, and comment on its looks and specs.

Expect assorted meh's as well :)

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/sonys-rumoured-playstation-4-reveal-event-will-be-live-streamed-6403338

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

it will be the usual hate the controller, hate the name of this thing , way too expensive and then every single one of us will be saving up for the next 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

As people already said over and over
    There is no benefits to being an early adopter. Though I am excited to see cos I might get it later on. Very later on.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    As people already said over and over
    There is no benefits to being an early adopter. Though I am excited to see cos I might get it later on. Very later on.

The price drops are never very large and the wait for them is usually rather long (3DS expected).

I'm quite curious to see if there will be an evolution of their social side. I love the idea of the Warawara area on the Wii U- dropping out of a game quickly to post a question and then getting a response and help almost immediately. I think something like that would be really good. Imagine boards.ie type of integration sewn right into the OS.

Hopefully they have someone enthusiastic and with personality to present the conference and not Jack Trenton. Just find him pretty dull at E3 mostly.

But I'm assuming it'll be a Kaz announcement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Varik wrote: »
    The price drops are never very large and the wait for them is usually rather long (3DS expected).

Its not even about a price drop, it'll be the large void of any quality games to play on it for what I'd guess to be the first year. There really isn't any benefit to being an early adopter when it comes to modern consoles, & even handhelds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hopefully they have someone enthusiastic and with personality to present the conference and not Jack Trenton. Just find him pretty dull at E3 mostly.

But I'm assuming it'll be a Kaz announcement

Tretton has improved greatly over the last few years. At least it's better than the number-regurgitating Powerpoint presentations we got before. As Kaz is now head of Sony, I doubt it will be him.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Its not even about a price drop, it'll be the large void of any quality games to play on it for what I'd guess to be the first year. There really isn't any benefit to being an early adopter when it comes to modern consoles, & even handhelds.

What about the ability to say 'Na na na-na na!' to your friends?

That's not a guarantee, a console could have a good launch lineup.

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting for a Vita price drop. There will probably be a new version of the Vita before they drop the price.:D And one that uses SD cards.:pac:

I have Uncharted and Gravity Rush from PSN+ on my PS3 waiting to put on to the system when the price is right. €220 with a 32Gb memory card would do it for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement