Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I was in Gamestop today picking up MGS and people were already inquiring on the phone about the release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Western Digital have a 2TB 2.5" HDD on sale....but its 15mm in z-height. Pretty sure Sony will use a slimline ODD as well, though with Sony-Optaric now dead...who is making the ODD?....Lite-On?

it will be either lg hitachi or samsung, they're all close partners with sony on br tech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

7AUBzMX.jpghttp:

Controller looks SOOOO much better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Thats a big picture!

Yeah it looks a hell of a lot more comfortable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love how they put L1/L2 and R1/R2 upside down. :D Makes sense though!

• Advertisement

If your holding it and pull the top of it toward you and look at the buttons they would be the right way round, no? ;/

edit: you mean the DS3 my bad

Sorry about size of pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Just realised theres no Start or Select button lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Timmyctc wrote: »
    ?? :confused:

Looks the way they printeted. So If you hold controller in your hands and want to look where is R2. So you just flip it towards yourself and it is going to be "L1". Its like "AMBULANCE" thing on the ambulance cars, but those are made for mirrors.

Sorry, cant explain it properly. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Looks the way they printeted. So If you hold controller in your hands and want to look where is R2. So you just flip it towards yourself and it is going to be "L1". Its like "AMBULANCE" thing on the ambulance cars, but those are made for mirrors.

Sorry, cant explain it properly. :o

AHHHHHHHHH I see it now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The dualshock was long over due for a make over and this looks class. They fixed everything that I hated about it, except change L3 and D pad positions but I can live with that now that the handles are bigger. Loving the texturing on the underside of it.

The very first analogue pad had the sticks that shape before the rumble feature was added, then they went to convex sticks. Now finally they have gone back to the concave sticks, should stop my thumbs slipping off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Just realised theres no Start or Select button lol

They've been amalgamated into the options button

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I really wish they would have moved one of the analogue sticks to where the D pad is. Seeing as you will be using the analogue sticks 99% of the time it just seems logical to have it in the Dpad location the same way the xBox has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would buy the first third party controller that was released with the sticks the original way if Sony did move them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Are there not any good third party controllers that have the analogue sticks where the D pad is for people would like that?

Hogzy wrote: »
    I really wish they would have moved one of the analogue sticks to where the D pad is. Seeing as you will be using the analogue sticks 99% of the time it just seems logical to have it in the Dpad location the same way the xBox has it.

Yep, Sega Dreamcast had it first. Microsoft copied that layout and then Nintendo with the Gamecube. It's so natural once you try it, it's very hard to go back to Sony's controller after that, especially for shooters.

The best thing from the Sony show was that they said they added more resistance to the sticks now. They were far to light to the touch and I found fine aiming with them was very difficult because of that.

Also I find it easier to drop my thumb off the left stick down to the d pad for whatever option than more up to reach it on the fly. That's just me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,166 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't there a controller designed which could swap the sticks, DPad and buttons around?

Are there not any good third party controllers that have the analogue sticks where the D pad is for people would like that?

Logitech did one and it was bigger and chunkier, basically a 360 pad with the PS buttons but the quality was not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Logitech did one and it was bigger and chunkier, basically a 360 pad with the PS buttons but the quality was not great.

Yeah I thought that might be the case. So there is no real option. I don't mind the pad but ya would think someone would have released a decent 360 copy by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Have to say, having seen the prototype controller and thinking it was complete pants, I actually really like the new controller. D-Pad looks excellent too. And the touch pad may actually be useful, unlike "sixaxis".

• Advertisement

any pics of these controllers you speak of??

srumball wrote: »
    any pics of these controllers you speak of??

Go back one page there is a huge high res pic or google the PS4 controller.

Julez wrote: »
    And the touch pad may actually be useful, unlike "sixaxis".

It still has Six-axis and now it's got even more motion control stuff in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,166 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This is what I was referring to
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/43947/mlg-pro-circuit-controller-pictures-hands-on

Available from Amazon for £89.99 for either 360 or PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The PowerA FUS1ON Tournament Controller

Or the XCM Cross Battle Adapter Plus which allows you to actually plug a wired 360 controller into the PS3.

I think we're going to see a much higher level of continued support for the current gen consoles this time around, maybe not as long as with the PS2 but to a higher degree of support especially from third party.

When the PS3, 360, and wii launched you had a game being made for the PS3/360/PC and a game being made for the PS2/wii (the xbox died off fast), I think this gen we're going to see a lot more from the current consoles; COD will have a PS3/360/Wii U version and then a PC/PS4/720.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This is what I was referring to
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/43947/mlg-pro-circuit-controller-pictures-hands-on

Available from Amazon for £89.99 for either 360 or PS3

THat has received woeful reviews. Its €110 price tag is also a little off putting to say the least.

Go back one page there is a huge high res pic or google the PS4 controller.

i posted that i meant the 3rd party controllers with the better placement of the analog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

[OBVIOUS TROLL] So, you lot do this when you saw the presentation on the PS4? [/OBVIOUS TROLL]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Lucasarts is one of the 3rd party devs supporting ps4, for the sake of everyone everywhere please let this finally be Battlefront 3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement