Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I probably won't be able to afford it until afford it until after Xmas anyway, so tis all good with me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I didn't see anything on it that made me want it immediately. I'm sure they have plenty more to show at e3 but with some great games still coming out this gen and GTA coming out near Q4 of this year, I won't be in a rush to buy it even if it does come out this year here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

tok9 wrote: »
    I didn't see anything on it that made me want it immediately. I'm sure they have plenty more to show at e3 but with some great games still coming out this gen and GTA coming out near Q4 of this year, I won't be in a rush to buy it even if it does come out this year here.

Well if gta 5 won't come out on PC and come out on ps4, then that would be enough for me to buy ps4.
    No way I am getting gta5 on console after I got gta4 on ps3. I haven't seen more horrible looking game in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No way I am getting gta5 on console after I got gta4 on ps3. I haven't seen more horrible looking game in ages.

Oh come on now. Unless you completely cherry-pick the one console game you look at per year that's an absolutely ridiculous level of hyperbole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Quick question to the guys here who have ps plus, does your sub work for both a vita and a ps3/ps4 account at once, or do you have to create two accounts/buy two different subs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Tinie wrote: »
    Quick question to the guys here who have ps plus, does your sub work for both a vita and a ps3/ps4 account at once, or do you have to create two accounts/buy two different subs?

I use the same account for my PS3 as I do my Vita. The same PS+ subscription works on both with you getting 2GB of cloud-saving storage [1 for PS3 and 1 for Vita], PS3 and Vita games for free each month and discounts across the board - all for £40 a year [or less when you buy the sub during the regular sales]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Otacon wrote: »
    I use the same account for my PS3 as I do my Vita. The same PS+ subscription works on both with you getting 2GB of cloud-saving storage [1 for PS3 and 1 for Vita], PS3 and Vita games for free each month and discounts across the board - all for £40 a year [or less when you buy the sub during the regular sales]

Wow, that is a super deal. I can get a discount on subs for xbox etc. so could get a 12 month PS+ sub for cheaper than normal, so do you think if I bought one, and kept it until the PS4 was out this time next year, it would work ok?

Tinie wrote: »
    Wow, that is a super deal. I can get a discount on subs for xbox etc. so could get a 12 month PS+ sub for cheaper than normal, so do you think if I bought one, and kept it until the PS4 was out this time next year, it would work ok?

Should be fine. Just remember, any games you buy during your sub, which have a PS+ discount, are yours, end of. However, any of the games on the Instant Games Collection [basically the free ones you get each month], they are only available for you to play while you have a subscription. The means if you only buy a one-year and don't renew, you will lose access to them again once the sub has expired.

As for the PS4, I'm sure there will be some sort of implementation of the PS+ service but we don't know yet what form it will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

As for the PS4, I'm sure there will be some sort of implementation of the PS+ service but we don't know yet what form it will take.

Sony is getting rid of PS+, PS Home etc and is offering a new service called PlayStation World. It's going to have new features like cross game chat etc and offer the same service as the existing PS+

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Sony is getting rid of PS+, PS Home etc and is offering a new service called PlayStation World. It's going to have new features like cross game chat etc and offer the same service as the existing PS+

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Link?

It's was a leak and they've registered some domains as well.

Link?

no article just reporting from 'sources'. Kotaku printed
    ....our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I have to say it killed a lot of hype in me, when I found it might be delayed till march for us peasants in Europe. :(

i agree. i still am eagerly awaiting ANY news but its far less exciting when you know youre getting it months after the rest of the world :(

aindriu80 wrote: »

While it does look like they'll be adding other services, plus was in the presentation regarding the PS4 so I think it'll still be there.

thank god regarding this PS+ news!..in my opinion, it was a piece of ****. i did get a years sub for it thinking it was good. 2 months in and all new free games were ****.

id gladly pay for this PS world thingy as long as they have some very good feautures. cross game chat just doesnt cut it though. would you guys really need it THAT much?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    thank god regarding this PS+ news!..in my opinion, it was a piece of ****. i did get a years sub for it thinking it was good. 2 months in and all new free games were ****.

id gladly pay for this PS world thingy as long as they have some very good feautures. cross game chat just doesnt cut it though. would you guys really need it THAT much?

I assume you can't be talking about how ps+ has been?

I've only had it 3-4 months and cannot believe the value i'm getting out of it. Also the previous content I had missed looked excellent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

This means we should expect to see PS4 titles priced at $69.99 at launch, where over time, they'll eventually fall down to $59.99.
    So between that and the initial retail mark-up at launch it'll be precisely the same as last gen. :)

I do wonder about people's reactions to this though. With development costs rising the way they are and the retail price of games being in and around the same since the days of the SNES/Mega Drive, are people really surprised when publishers seek additional revenue streams from their titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Wouldn't worry about that too much. Sure the big names that will always sell can afford to go out at that price, but you have to remember, this console is aimed at developers, they want to make it as easy as possible for them. I'd be surprised if this is actually the case and with a digital platform to publish on, the logistics goes down, the physical media costs disappear, I'd say the PS4 generation is the one where Digital becomes extremely competitive vs. physical media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Why is this a suprise. Xbox/ PS2 games cost €70 at launch (GAME were charging €80 for XBox launch games), same for 360/ PS3. Over time, as the user base grows, costs will reduce. Same every generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They're still 70 on PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Vyse wrote: »
    Why is this a suprise. Xbox/ PS2 games cost €70 at launch (GAME were charging €80 for XBox launch games), same for 360/ PS3. Over time, as the user base grows, costs will reduce. Same every generation.

70 is the same RRP as current gen games anyway isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Vyse wrote: »

Considering now that the ps4 is basically just a pc, it would have made sense for the price to drop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Christ that's a lot,wouldn't fancy paying that for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Can't see myself going near this until xmas 2014 at the very earliest.

I assume you can't be talking about how ps+ has been?

I've only had it 3-4 months and cannot believe the value i'm getting out of it. Also the previous content I had missed looked excellent.

i personally just found it a waste of money. maybe the games during my subscription just didnt appeal to me.

what else could they add into PS world besides cross game chat? im entrigued

While it does look like they'll be adding other services, plus was in the presentation regarding the PS4 so I think it'll still be there.

None of the service will be lost but it will be rebranded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Considering now that the ps4 is basically just a pc, it would have made sense for the price to drop.

Why? There's a reason PC games are cheaper than console games, the publisher doesn't have to pay a licence fee to Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The price you pay for something isn't directly linked to how much it costs to make, it's also influenced by how much people are willing to pay for it. If they thought people would pay €100 per game then that is exactly how much they would charge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement