Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭RedXIV

trev179 wrote: »
    Is this the ps4 megathread or xbox 720??

No harm comparing aspects of the competition.

Especially when they make the PS4 look better :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

trev179 wrote: »
    Is this the ps4 megathread or xbox 720??

It's very hard to talk about the PS4 and not compare it to the next Xbox. That's like talking about the iPhone 5S and not comparing it the SGS4 or HTC One.

I'm sure in the Xbox forum the PS4 will and has been brought up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i agree that people will compare both consoles alot here but the past week its like 80% xbox talk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Start talking about the PlayStation 4, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

So I hear the PS4 will play games...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Been reading online that there are rummers going around that there will be 7GB of the DDR5 ram for games witch is just nuts :eek:

But they are also giving out that there is only 1GB of ram for the OS witch people need to understand that is a lot for a OS built to run just on the hardware with no bottleneck programs like say a windows or a Mac running in the background on it

Really when you think the kilzone demo only used about 2GB what is going to come over the next few years will be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Otacon wrote: »
    So I hear the PS4 will play games...

link?

:P

tok9 wrote: »
    link?

link.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I like where this is going.

tok9 wrote: »
    I like where this is going.

disneyland_paris_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Reality =
    hardcore-gamer-smoking-pizza-slob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

sin0city wrote: »
    Reality =
    hardcore-gamer-smoking-pizza-slob.jpg

But he's playing an Xbox?!?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

But he's playing an Xbox?!?! :D

Ah, that explains it so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

PS4: Drive Club dev details contributions to DualShock 4 design

Evolution Studios,...

I hope the new controller is everything it can be. Too many games are crappy when you can't do what you would like to do. I never ever bought a racing game as they felt pointless and impossible to control but I might get Drive Club if its responsive.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/400854/ps4-drive-club-dev-details-contributions-to-dualshock-4-design/

Mod edit: When posting an article from a different site, quote a small part of the article(not ALL of the article) and leave a link so that the rest of the article can be accessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I have Triton headphones for the PS3; do you think it will work on PS4? They cost €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I hope so. I paid a fair bit for my Turtle Beach headphones too so they'd better work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

mozattack wrote: »
    I have Triton headphones for the PS3; do you think it will work on PS4? They cost €150.

If they are bluetooth then probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

mozattack wrote: »

I have tritons too and assume they will work i mean they are connected with a USB cable so surely they will.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Donno if it's true or not but have heard that all new PS4's are coming boxed with headsets, now can't expect the quality of them to be anything to wirte home about though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Donno if it's true or not but have heard that all new PS4's are coming boxed with headsets, now can't expect the quality of them to be anything to wirte home about though....

From the sound of things there similar to the Wii U, a stereo/mic jack on the controller and a simple headset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

weiland79 wrote: »
    I have tritons too and assume they will work i mean they are connected with a USB cable so surely they will.:(

I'm almost 100% certain they would work. If they can plug into my PS2 then the PS4 will be fiiiine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I read some article, it said Sony could in a ps3 app,if the want to,
    whereas , you could use a ps3 ,to control play games from, the ps4,
    USING your ps3, if you have a lan network set up between the 2 consoles,
    eg IT would work like onlive, but just over your home network.

EG ps3 would show the ps4 display on a separate tv,, on a tv upstairs, and control the ps4 game,characters,
    The ps4 would do the processing.
    eg like the new wii u, games an be played on the wiiu gamepad, streamed
    from the wii u console.
    EG ps4,and ps3 would need to be on the same network ,for this to work.

Unless they are really stupid, they,ll put a hdmi cable,and a headset in the box, with the console.

riclad wrote: »
    Unless they are really stupid, they,ll put a hdmi cable,and a headset in the box, with the console.

headset yes, but I doubt they'll add a HDMI cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

Varik wrote: »
    headset yes, but I doubt they'll add a HDMI cable.

They won't put a hdmi cable because everyone already has one and they're cheap anyway.

Gamestop now accepting deposits on PS4 and Xbox 720, whos prordering? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

What's the point? We don't even know the price or confirmed release window for Europe yet.

Read an article on Eurogamer about Quantic Dreams' interest in the PS4 but this bit caught my eye:
    While in Poland I also asked Thomasz Gop - who worked on The Witcher games and who has been working on a next-gen RPG at City Interactive (Sniper) for two years (more on that soon) - how his game would use the PS4 touchpad.

"The most obvious thing are the elements that - for example, PC games sometimes took advantage of extra gamer-friendly keyboards with LCD displays. If I'm not mistaken, the touchpad allows you to display things as well, so that's one of the things. Probably a lot of other people are going to be doing user-interface elements on it - it's the thing that comes to mind first. I still don't know 100 per cent of what things are going to be implemented in [his game].

I haven't seen this mentioned before. He could be wrong of course but it piqued my interest nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Been saving up survey vouchers since December and have a tidy £60 amazon balance already, when we get some concrete info on both (and PS4 is interesting me a hell of a lot more already) I am making the jump :)

1ZRed wrote: »
    What's the point? We don't even know the price or confirmed release window for Europe yet.

I think we can make a pretty good guess of both. For PS4 you're going to be looking at maybe a €400 price point for the premium package, hopefully released for Christmas? Failing that, I cant see a release date stretching past March 2014.
    As for the point, well, I'v got €100 of vouchers I got for Christmas last year that need using up. Puts a pretty good dent in the price of a new console. Which would leave a minimum of at least 6 months to pay of the remaining €300, very managable.

Thats my plan anyway. :)

• Advertisement

I may pre-order on amazon or elsewhere to be safe but I can always cancel those later, I'm not putting any money down for it until a price and bundles out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement