Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

shops always do bundles and special offers. will sellers on amazon be doing the same offers and bundles?

i know its a dumb question but ive never bought a console online before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

MarkY91 wrote: »
    shops always do bundles and special offers. will sellers on amazon be doing the same offers and bundles?

i know its a dumb question but ive never bought a console online before

Yes and you'll see them usually earlier than B&M shops.

Varik wrote: »
    Yes and you'll see them usually earlier than B&M shops.

thats good news. whats the advantages/disadvantages of ordering the ps4 online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Nearly always cheaper. Sometimes they'll ship it so it'll be delivered to you the morning of the release day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Cant see the point of ordering the ps4 ,unless you want to get it on a certain day ,and you think there will be a shortage in the shops ,or they ,ll be sold out quickly .
    Or there,s no gaming shop near you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gamestop now accepting deposits on PS4 and Xbox 720, whos prordering? :)

They have been accepting deposits of 50 euro on PS4's for the last 2 months

Pre ordered mine on the 26th of February, just got the receipt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Xenji wrote: »
    They have been accepting deposits of 50 euro on PS4's for the last 2 months

Pre ordered mine on the 26th of February, just got the receipt out.

I put down 20 euro as a deposit, 20 euro was the least they would accept

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I put down 20 euro as a deposit, 20 euro was the least they would accept

Was 50 for me in Castlebar when I did it, but that was in February, they also said they would prioritise orders by the the date they got the deposit, so for some reason if they could only get 10 in, then they would only give them to the first 10 who pre ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I would`nt put a pre order on a PS4 this early

I would`nt put a pre order on a PS4 this early

Why not, it is not like Gamestop is going to go the way of HMV, plus if we go by the "coming this holiday season" we might actually get a global rollout of the system in all territories around the same date, which means the release at the earliest is actually 6-7 months away.

• Advertisement

Why not, it is not like Gamestop is going to go the way of HMV, plus if we go by the "coming this holiday season" we might actually get a global rollout of the system in all territories around the same date, which means the release at the earliest is actually 6-7 months away.

Wouldn't put it past them to charge more than other shops on release, you know just enough so that it's not worth your while to go somewhere else and lose the deposit.

Wouldn't put it past them to charge more than other shops on release, you know just enough so that it's not worth your while to go somewhere else and lose the deposit.

I do not really mind, by manipulating their trade in offers in February, I got 410 euro store credit for 15 games, none I spent more than 10 euro on when I got them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The main reason I wouldn't pre order is simple.

Price. We have no idea how much it will be and more so we don't know any bundles.

That said I don't pre order things in general. While I'll purchase the odd few games prior to release, I'll only do so if it's a good price and I'm getting something additional with it.

I'll be waiting to hear on price and games before I purchase the PS3 or any other console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

There isn't much point pre ordering. They will definitely have them in stock whenever the PS4 becomes available. Price is going to be RRP and no one is going to reduce a price on new hardware.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    There isn't much point pre ordering. They will definitely have them in stock whenever the PS4 becomes available. Price is going to be RRP and no one is going to reduce a price on new hardware.

You obviously did not get a launch date PS2, they were like gold dust here, think some people are just being safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

You obviously did not get a launch date PS2, they were like gold dust here, think some people are just being safe than sorry.

No I was not. I think you should be able to pick one up when they come out.

Well, I imagine you'll probably need a pre order or pick it up day 1 If you want any chance of picking up something brand new tech wise as generally they do sell out.

I'm pretty sure the Wii U sold out on release here and look at the sales now.

No I was not. I think you should be able to pick one up when they come out.

Price is the big point but there's more going for the PS4 and buzz for it. The price may be more reasonable and will likely not drive as many people away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

PS4 selling at the same rate as the PS2 is a ludicrous idea. More like the PS3 rate, probably even less. You'll have no problem finding one when it's released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The WiiU on Amazon was sold well below RRP on early pre orders last year because of mistake on their part. It was all over boards to get a pre order with them ASAP. Gone in hours they were.

• Advertisement

PS4 selling at the same rate as the PS2 is a ludicrous idea. More like the PS3 rate, probably even less. You'll have no problem finding one when it's released.

It unlikely to be near the PS3 price, and the launch line up so far looks far better than the PS3. I'd say better than the PS3.

I think people will likely find one when looking but there will be individual shops that sell out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It unlikely to be near the PS3 price, and the launch line up so far looks far better than the PS3. I'd say better than the PS3.

In fairness the PS3 launch line up was fairly dire. They couldn't do any worse. Least this time they will have a few cross gen PS3 games to back them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Gamestop now accepting deposits on PS4 and Xbox 720, whos prordering? :)

Best off tucking money under the mattress each week the way the retailers are going...maybe a bit far fetched but none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

We have to remember that the "Golden Age of Gaming" is coming to an end, demand for consoles will be at an all time low. I think this has already been seen with the Wii U. Alot of the blame may lie with Nintendo and them just having a **** launch line-up, horrific advertising and all around just being naive dicks, but a good proportion of it's failure is just the lack of demand for new consoles.

I'm a gamer myself and can't wait for the PS4 and want it to succeed, but I think alot of people will be happy enough sticking with their PS3s and 360s.

I wouldn't entirely agree with that. While the gaming industry does seem to be in a spot of bother in the triple A department, gaming as a pastime is on the rise.

If you look back through the amount of consoles sold each generation, I'm pretty sure it's been on the rise each one.

I know that statistic doesn't mean I'm right but I'm just saying that gaming is still going strong.

Probably going off topic now, sorry about that.

We have to remember that the "Golden Age of Gaming" is coming to an end, demand for consoles will be at an all time low. I think this has already been seen with the Wii U. Alot of the blame may lie with Nintendo and them just having a **** launch line-up, horrific advertising and all around just being naive dicks, but a good proportion of it's failure is just the lack of demand for new consoles.

I'm a gamer myself and can't wait for the PS4 and want it to succeed, but I think alot of people will be happy enough sticking with their PS3s and 360s.

the wii u is just a **** console and kids are more into ps3/xbox over lame mario games thee days. i honestly never even heard of the wii u until i was in smyths and it was advertised to come out in a few weeks..bad advertising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

MarkY91 wrote: »
    the wii u is just a **** console and kids are more into ps3/xbox over lame mario games thee days. i honestly never even heard of the wii u until i was in smyths and it was advertised to come out in a few weeks..bad advertising

how is the wii u a **** console ?

and lame mario games ?

the best selling/rated franchise off time.

i suppose you are entitled to your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

its too early to tell if the demand for console is going.

wii u this time around has sold more than the ps3 and 360 did.

wii u this time around has sold more than the ps3 and 360 did.

It's higher than what the 360 had for the first 6 months but unless it gets ~400k for April which is around twice what it's been getting lately then it's a good deal behind the PS3. The 360 had a worse launch but it was doing a lot better by the release of the PS3.

The 360 was outselling the PS3 month for month at this time, helped by the PS3s price.

• Advertisement

how is the wii u a **** console ?

and lame mario games ?

the best selling/rated franchise off time.

i suppose you are entitled to your opinion.

i meant that kids prefare call of duty type games over mario games that belong in the 90s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement