Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    did you know whats funny :P
    in black ops 2
    to stream your content online to twitch.tv
    or youtube
    ( this is through the black ops game, not through normal internet )
    you need at least 5mb uploading to do it

theirs no such thing as 5mb uploading in ireland :pac: most i can get is .5 if im lucky and im on 50mb broadband haha

we'd need to update irish connections before we expect anything better from sony

http://www.upc.ie/broadband/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I'm pretty sure Gamestop should be good for another console generation, so 8-10 years at least. After that, we'l all be streaming our games with PS5's and Xbox 1440's. With no physical media Gamestops buisness model will collapse in on itself.

So, good for another decade I predict :pac:

Its strange though Gamestop and symths are the only places ive never bought a console off even though ive owned every console since the ps2

maybe i should have and i would have cursed them too:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ubisoft have said that Watch Dogs is a PS4 launch game, the current gen has a release date of 19th/22th for the US and here (UK but probably for all the EU).

So what does launch game mean, will it release later on the PS4 with the console itself or is this launch window and we're getting both around mid to late November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think we'll get ps3 watch dogs first. Then a port on the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Chavways wrote: »

it tells you that
    but it doesnt give you that :L
    do you even have upc broadband? you'd never get even close to 5mb uploading :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

it tells you that
    do you even have upc broadband? you'd never get even close to 5mb uploading :pac:

Yeah you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Yeah I think some of the good games like Watchdogs will be out on PS3 before the PS4 is released. I have just accepted a while back that I won't be playing some of the new games coming in late 2013 on the PS3 and will just wait till the PS4 comes out. I reckon it will be worth the wait.

Does anyone know much about developing indie games for the PS4 ? I was reading about Sony's new initiative to make it a lot easier to develop games for the indie developer. The new PS4 architecture is PC like and I was wondering could you put something together in Visual Studio and try it out on a PS4 you had yourself ? There were so many barriers with the PS3. It would be nice to try out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭RedXIV

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Does anyone know much about developing indie games for the PS4 ? I was reading about Sony's new initiative to make it a lot easier to develop games for the indie developer. The new PS4 architecture is PC like and I was wondering could you put something together in Visual Studio and try it out on a PS4 you had yourself ? There were so many barriers with the PS3. It would be nice to try out.

I'd imagine you'd need a dev kit to test it console wise but I think they are planning to make the SDK pretty open to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

it tells you that

i average about 4.85mb on 50mb upc. but playing bo2 with the livestream enabled is unplayable. keeps freezing and ****

it tells you that

532708500.png
    Speedtest on my phone.

• Advertisement

532708500.png
    Speedtest on my phone.

well then UPC must be ****ing me over big time :mad:
    i average 0.9 on a 50mb fibre optic broadband ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

well then UPC must be ****ing me over big time :mad:
    i average 0.9 on a 50mb fibre optic broadband ....

I think it's just you mate, I usually get 20-30Mb with my UPC 50Mb.

Just a side note. When we got the 50Mb, we had to get a new router for the higher speeds, which UPC didn't supply when we upgraded. Maybe call UPC and see what the story is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You won't need anywhere near 5MB upload to be able to stream video. I would guess that for Blops 2 they weren't doing any kind of real compression on the video, and probably little or no optimisation for the connection speed. The PS4 will have dedicated hardware so should be able to do some proper compression on the video, and optimising for the connection speed will probably be built into the OS.

I think it's just you mate, I usually get 20-30Mb with my UPC 50Mb.

Just a side note. When we got the 50Mb, we had to get a new router for the higher speeds, which UPC didn't supply when we upgraded. Maybe call UPC and see what the story is.

i got a new router a while ago

a zykel? i think its called
    been having problems with it, with opening my nat
    but when i do the speed test i get sometimes 1mb and sometimes 8 mb
    never once came close to the 50
    might need a new router or could be something on their end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Call them is my advice man, really is the only way to get everything sorted. If you're paying for 50Mb broadband, what you're getting is just not acceptable and they will get it sorted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Are you using speedtest.net? If so, I'd use the speedtest on the UPC website. Speedtest.net is pretty inaccurate.

MarkY91 wrote: »

Posted the games release date a bit ago but I've never heard that it'll be out on PS4 first.

How do people think they'll handle accounts and system activation, currently you can have 2 Ps3s and 2 handhelds (2 PSP, 2 Vitas, or 1 & 1).

Varik wrote: »
    Posted the games release date a bit ago but I've never heard that it'll be out on PS4 first.

How do people think they'll handle accounts and system activation, currently you can have 2 Ps3s and 2 handhelds (2 PSP, 2 Vitas, or 1 & 1).

im curious too. lots of questions need answering. looking forward to ps4 quite alot :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'd imagine it will be two PS4s also.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'd imagine it will be two PS4s also.

Hopefully but it's not how they handed it with the handhelds which is a concern but then again Sony treats the home console as multi user devices and the handhelds as a single user device; 1 profile on Vita/PSP and many on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hopefully but it's not how they handed it with the handhelds which is a concern but then again Sony treats the home console as multi user devices and the handhelds as a single user device; 1 profile on Vita/PSP and many on PS3.

The handhelds had a lot of shared games, whether it was digital PSP or PSone games.

The PS4 won't be able to play PS3 titles so there is no reason to limit them there.

I think the next thing to look forward to is what the PS4 will look like. Not long till E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

aindriu80 wrote: »

DUALSHOCK 4. Looking good!

Looking like an expensive piece of kit.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Looking like an expensive piece of kit.

Yeah I think it will cost more than the dualshock 3 if you ever need to get a second. Hopefully you can do a lot more with games in general with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Snip..

this thread has gone dead lately. now news on ps4 out im guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

According to CVG it looks like the PS4 won't be delayed in the E.U and will launch 2013. Thats good news, there was a slim chance that it have been delayed into 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Great news, I know what I want for Xmas now! :D

Still to see what next Xbox to show, but u am pretty much sold on ps4 so far. Unless Xbox drops sub for online play and have integrated blow job machine, I can't really see myself going Xbox as first next gen console.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement