Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The wording of your post made it sound like you were calling me a total fanboy.

Well I wasn't, unless of course you do think a lil teaser (such as today's few stills) would stick it to MS..and as we've learned that's not what you think so we're good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Well I wasn't, unless of course you do think a lil teaser (such as today's few stills) would stick it to MS..and as we've learned that's not what you think so we're good :pac:

I don't think it would "stick it to them", but I do think I do think if Sony were to release a trailer a day before, and a day after the xbox reveal then it would weaken MS's punch.
    People get excited over the tiniest bit of info, the day before the Xbox reveal and I've seen twice as much talk about the PS4 teaser than I have about any talk about the Xbox reveal.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

As a neutral I have not observed this excitement, can't really miss the fact that MS are announcing their new console tomorrow though. Looking forward to finding out what they're going to offer, likewise with sony whenever they get around to fully showing their hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

By stick it to them, I meant as in just really try and steal their thunder. No need to get abusive.

Don't see how Pleasant Co was being abusive.

Plus that was a fairly crappy teaser to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I don't think it would "stick it to them", but I do think I do think if Sony were to release a trailer a day before, and a day after the xbox reveal then it would weaken MS's punch.
    People get excited over the tiniest bit of info, the day before the Xbox reveal and I've seen twice as much talk about the PS4 teaser than I have about any talk about the Xbox reveal.

Twice as much talk? Nearly everyone in the market is just as interested about what MS have to say as Sony. I would say the excitement for this reveal is about on par as Sony had for their reveal. The PS4 teaser is just silly, reveals nothing at all except a date we were already pretty much aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

what time is the micosoft reveal and time? can i get it online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

MarkY91 wrote: »
    what time is the micosoft reveal and time? can i get it online?

6pm
    yes id say it will most likely be streamed every were :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Will be streamed on Gametrailers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Nice to see you good folks still post here. :P

Gametrailers also have a pre-show round table with games journos for an hour before the event and and after show interview, again for an hour, with someone from Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,857 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

hey hey hey! Only xbox talk that should be going on here is how smelly it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

GothPunk wrote: »
    Nice to see you good folks still post here. :P

Gametrailers also have a pre-show round table with games journos for an hour before the event and and after show interview, again for an hour, with someone from Microsoft.

Who are you? :D

Who are you? :D
    Wolfie, how could you?! :(

I think even if you're not an Xbox fan, it's worth watching the reveal today to get some more clues about the kind of features the PS4 will have. It's one of the reasons I'm hyped! :pac:

Seen on reddit, wonder how close they are

922967_571057979605104_411590256_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Seen on reddit, wonder how close they are.....

Are Daft Punk doing the soundtrack for it? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I honestly hope they are not even near it!

Looks like a george foreman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I think there is only a 4 on it instead of PS4 which looks pretty cool IMO.

I thought it looked pretty cool in the video. I like the matte finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,162 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The part on the left hand side makes me think of the Thundertank from Thundercats.

Also unless it has a stand, it doesn't look like it would stand up like it was doing in the video

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ jaysus...brutal design if true.

Looks like a george foreman
    And the launch PS3 looked like what, exactly? :P

I think that mock-up looks pretty nice actually, but I'm going to guess it'll look a bit fancier than that based on their other hardware at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think that mock-up looks pretty nice actually, but I'm going to guess it'll look a bit fancier than that based on their other hardware at the moment.

With a matte finish that would look alright.

And the launch PS3 looked like what, exactly? :P

Well the launch PS3 was actually turned into a george foreman so was close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

This is what the new PS4 is going to look like

:pac: I quite like it
    Out of focus
    if it is going to be an eyesore

F1ngers wrote: »
    Teaser trailer:

Reveal is june 11th at 2am.

Hot dammit, beat me to post it :pac:

We all know what the new controller is going to look like, but I wish it had more buttons like this

ps4-controller.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,162 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where's the PS button?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where's the PS button?

Voice Control

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

^ jaysus...brutal design if true.

its only artist impression on what they could make out but the shape seems very cool. I got a feeling it will look like a Ferrari compared to a box type thing I'm expecting from MS but early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

anyone watching the xbox launch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

srumball wrote: »
    anyone watching the xbox launch

Did it start at 6?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement