Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Morpork wrote: »
    Did it start at 6?

Yep, on now. Apparently called Xbox One

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

So far it's nearly the opposite of the ps4 reveal. Anything but games and the specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

God dammit I f*cking hate sales speak.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,162 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started watching, until had an Eircom rep at my door. Missed everything from the initial reveal video on. But from what I read, it wasn't very good. But it would be nice to have an old style VHS player. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

damnnn. that xbox reveal was a disaster. the xbox one console looks alot like the original xbox. a big fat ugly box! no gameplay at all.

PS4 1-0 Xbox One

it looks like a huge ugly box. The controller is too big for gameplay. Kinect and glass are just a distraction from gaming. It supports HDMI and Blu Ray but so did the PS3. It doesn't have DDR5. I think the PS4 will look a lot better and smaller.

Also the numbering system is stupid. The Xbox One sounds like the first version. What will they call the next Xbox ? Xbox Two ?

aindriu80 wrote: »
    it looks like a huge ugly box. The controller is too big for gameplay. Kinect and glass are just a distraction from gaming. It supports HDMI and Blu Ray but so did the PS3. It doesn't have DDR5. I think the PS4 will look a lot better and smaller.

Also the numbering system is stupid. The Xbox One sounds like the first version. What will they call the next Xbox ? Xbox Two ?

I think the controller is fine. It looks the same as the 360 one, which I've always found comfortable. I'd agree with the rest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Well after watching that I think I'll stick with the PS4, no real interest in waving/talking to my TV

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Still firmly on the fence, I don't know enough about either console to sway strongly in one direction or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

PS4 is looking the better option right now. E3 will tell a lot. The fact that games are locked to your Xbox A/C unless you pay a fee simliar to an Online Pass gives Sony a big advantage, one I hope they don't throw away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I placed 30eu on ps4 last Saturday. After seeing awesome Xbox 360-359 conference I did the right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I placed 30eu on ps4 last Saturday. After seeing awesome Xbox 360-359 conference I did the right choice.

Hope it wasn't in Xtravision:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

As a PS Fanboy who strongly dislikes MS and Xbox, I was genuinely afraid they could pull something off tonight and drop a bomb.

Too bad it was a dud.

It's a TV/ Entertainment system with built in COD support and optional gaming*.

New games have to mandatory install to HDD and then tied to user account.

2nd Games require fee to play.

So that's why EA did away with online passes....

*Remains to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where's the PS button?

Why would you need that? :pac:

Looks like Microsoft is going ahead charging a fee for second hand games :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-21-xbox-one-second-hand-games-will-charge-a-fee-to-play

I hope Sony doesn't follow suit.

Sony's stock jumped 9% by the close of business today

sonystock.jpg

Must be a sign !

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I think I remember Sony saying that they were going to leave the publishers decide what to do with used games on the ps4. So there's a chance some used games might have a similar activation fee.

I hope you can upgrade the HD on the PS4 like you can on the PS3. Xbox One does not support this feature and you will have to plug in an external HD if you want more space. Terrible ! I for one never thought I would possibly need the space but I got a 640GB about a year ago and only have 170GB left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Battlefield 4 announced for PS4 today... with Oculus Rift support.
    Pretty surprised about the Oculus Rift, and according to Sony it can be implemented on lots of games seamlessly.

http://i.imgur.com/bwztSRo.jpg

- Probably needs a better source, don't take this as fact yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i had a ps3 and hated the controller and the interface.. but ps3 got so much right in ps+ free games for a fee.

microsofts reveal could push me in the direction of ps4, i have over 1,000 euro of arcade games bought on xboxlive and the no backwards compatability really is pushing me towards ps4 after all i spend over 1,000 on download games and i get rewarded by them telling me no backwards compatability?? ms go and sh1t3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think something that people are forgetting about the Xbox reveal is that MS stated that there will be 15 exclusive games within the first year, 8 of which are brand new titles. That's a pretty big statement to make, and Sony will be doing very well to match that. While Sony are still looking after PS3 owners (Beyond 2 Souls, Last of Us, GT6), MS seem to be pushing all exclusive games for the new console.

Still too early to tell, but I've a feeling the Xbox One will have the better line-up of games for the first year or so.

Benzino wrote: »
    I think something that people are forgetting about the Xbox reveal is that MS stated that there will be 15 exclusive games within the first year, 8 of which are brand new titles. That's a pretty big statement to make, and Sony will be doing very well to match that. While Sony are still looking after PS3 owners (Beyond 2 Souls, Last of Us, GT6), MS seem to be pushing all exclusive games for the new console.

Still too early to tell, but I've a feeling the Xbox One will have the better line-up of games for the first year or so.

Can all but guarantee the majority of them will be either Kinect games, or small arcade style games.
    Sony has always been the best for exclusives and I don't see that changing any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Pretty surprised about the Oculus Rift, and according to Sony it can be implemented on lots of games seamlessly.

Sorry... what now?

Since when was Oculus Rift support announced!?

This is brilliant news, actually delighted with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Can all but guarantee the majority of them will be either Kinect games, or small arcade style games.
    Sony has always been the best for exclusives and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Respawn Entertainment that was set up by the two main guys that started CoD are unveiling their new game at E3 and its rumored they are going to be 1 of the 15 xbox one exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Not sure if that was meant to be a joke or not?

"... that the Sony..."

Not sure if that was meant to be a joke or not?

"... that the Sony..."

Yeah, probably isn't the best source, though I still see there being a good chance of support for it.
    The president of Sony Playstation tweeted a vague teaser-ish line about Oculus Rift a few months ago.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Think I've moved from the fence to having one foot in sony's garden. I still don't know enough about either console and there's plenty of wiggle room for sony to balls things up but right now they're looking like the more attractive gaming option, time will make the final call though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Definitely looking like the PS4 for me.

More raw power and more games focused. I think it's fair to say that (given Sony's studios and form this generation) it's likely that it'll ultimately have the better exclusives too.

Microsoft have shown nothing so far that makes me even consider getting the XBox One. No interest in TV integration, the Kinect, Call of Duty or media feautures generally. And it's not very nice looking. The Skype integration looks good in fairness but I play single player 95% of the time so it's not really relevant to me.

Honestly, having had a PS1, 2 & 3 I was likely going to get a PS4 unless Microsoft's new console was a markedly better games console. While it may be nearly as good or as good I think it's unlikely it'll be a better games console.

Probably wait for the mark 2 or 3 PS4 but I'm fairly certain I'm getting one. 4K video support is a nice addition for longevity too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm on the fence.....my one-box-to-rule-them-all aspect appeals to me, i'm not a huge gamer and would prefer the smart tv-esque aspects of the box. Media playback and .mkv support a must.

I loved the interface and hand swipey stuff and having a chat with it.....if they launch a sexy female xbox voice it will be complete.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Another box?....square this time it seems, hard to tell but looks a bit smaller then the XOne.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement