Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

But havent Sony always had an Essentials range for like €20? I would imagine they will still continue this tradition. There will still be bargins, I'd imagine most of them will just be online now.

I got the excellent Mortal Kombat for a measly €10 from PS Store this week, for example.

Yes and, as you stated, I would imagine they will continue to do so. However, these Essential ranges are generally released long after the game first comes out. We're currently seeing games half in price within a couple of months.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Oh yeah, PS4 is knockin it outta the park with that, no doubt. But Wii U will catch up.

I dont have a Vita though, dont know anyone that does either. :confused:

Fairly crazy comparsion when you think of the difference in cost between the combined units, surely the vita+ps4 will set you back at the very least €600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Vyse wrote: »
    Yes and, as you stated, I would imagine they will continue to do so. However, these Essential ranges are generally released long after the game first comes out. We're currently seeing games half in price within a couple of months.

Mortal Kombat was released in 2011 for, say, €50. So that was a two year wait for it to drop to 20% of it original price, I dont think thats an unreasonable amount of time.

I know thats just one example though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I just pre-ordered a PS4 on Amazon.co.uk earlier today.

They are starting out at £599.99. I hope it drops a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

aindriu80 wrote: »
    They are starting out at £599.99. I hope it drops a bit.

Just a place holder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Just a place holder.
    I. I Preorder one to i hope it no more than 350 pounds so €410 so we save say €50 compare to what it retail at say €460 in GameStop.I can't see it being expensive since there using PC part which are easy to mass produce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Newaglish wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean here? How is the PS4 older than the Wii U?

Sony promised remote play function for ps3 games ages ago. It was sort of the main reason I even bought ps vita. They never delivered that feature.
    So in a way, yes. Sony had alto of time to play around with that concept for ps4.

I don't really think it fair at this point comparing Wii u to ps4. Wii u is more of additional gaming console for hardcore gamer next gen, then a main one. I know for sure I would prefer to have Wii u and ps4 over ps4 Xbox one. And it has nothing to do with fanboys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm confident both consoles will be cheaper. Unless the PS4 comes with a vita in the box, but I'd still expect that to be just one SKU.

Sony promised remote play function for ps3 games ages ago. It was sort of the main reason I even bought ps vita. They never delivered that feature.
    So in a way, yes. Sony had alto of time to play around with that concept for ps4.

I don't really think it fair at this point comparing Wii u to ps4. Wii u is more of additional gaming console for hardcore gamer next gen, then a main one. I know for sure I would prefer to have Wii u and ps4 over ps4 Xbox one. And it has nothing to do with fanboys.

Well you'll be happy to hear Sony are mandating PS Vita Remote Play in all games that don't use the Playstation Eye camera. So from from launch all games should work.

Is a Sony Vita worth it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's £170 for the WiFi version on Amazon now. I think it is and the fact it looks to being intergrated more and more to the PS4. What makes it expensive is the memory cards and that is the kicker with the system.

With E3 so close I can see them dropping the price of the Vita here like they did for Japan some time ago or else release a new revision of the Vita. I am close to getting a Vita but will wait now for E3.

I've barely played mine since I got it, though there are some decent games on it. People keep complaining that it has no games when that just isn't true.
    If remote play works as well as its meant to, then it will probably get a lot more use from me.

It might be worth it when the PS4 comes out and there is a price drop. Maybe Sony should have used micro SD card which are so much cheaper in comparison.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

nope...just my opinion, without wasting my time on why, though :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I took a loan of my brothers one for holidays and it is a great little machine. I haven't used it since I got home though. Why? Because I don't have a need for a handheld. If I want to play a game I'll play it on the PS3.

If you are in need of a handheld i.e. long commutes everyday, I'd recommend one. For home play, I can't really see the point.

yeah, its a bit pointless with access to a TV.

yeah, its a bit pointless with access to a TV.

It is not when you got misses, which loves her tv crap! :D o got clocked 60h on monster Hunter by just laying down next to my misses :D. I know it's not vita, but that is the main reason I got hhandhelds in house. My handhelds never ever leave home.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ryuji_w

Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai hits all the right notes for me in regards to the PS4

He said Sony would add other entertainment apps, “But that’s after we establish the platform as a video game platform. We want to make sure that we are there for the gamers with our PS4 as well. They will go beyond this, but they’ll definitely start with gamer first.
    He concluded, “For us, it’s all about the gamers.”
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/30/sony-ceo-plays-down-media-hub-and-says-playstation-4-is-for-gamers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Ryuji_w wrote: »
    Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai hits all the right notes for me in regards to the PS4

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/30/sony-ceo-plays-down-media-hub-and-says-playstation-4-is-for-gamers/

It must be a bank holiday with Sony, they have been very quite recently. Hopefully that is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

padair wrote: »
    It must be a bank holiday with Sony, they have been very quite recently. Hopefully that is a good thing.

I imagine the only things we'll be getting from the games industry will be teases this week.

Next week will be very interesting.

• Advertisement

I think the camera on the PS4 will be sold separately. At the end of a dual shock 4 promotional video there is a message that suggests that the camera peripheral may be sold separately of the console itself.

You can see the message here : http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ps4vid.jpeg?w=590&h=370

I have the PS3 and motion controller and I find it very hard to aim in games and don't like the camera in general so if it saves money I would leave it out of the PS4 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I think they have to include the camera. They can't split their user base at launch. If not every console comes with a camera developers will only be able use perfunctory camera features, and they'll just be tacked on likentheybwere with move and Kinect 1 on 360. With the Xbox one coming with Kinect, a lot of multiplatform games will incorporate cameras. Think it would be a mistake not to include it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have the PS3 and motion controller and I find it very hard to aim in games and don't like the camera in general so if it saves money I would leave it out of the PS4 box.

I quite enjoyed Killzone 3, when I put the deadzone to the smallest amount. It was pretty cool.... until I got to any stairs.

I'd like to see more advances in motion control for FPS with the PS4.

PS4 to cost $349 dollars ?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/410337/playstation-4-to-cost-349-xbox-399-analyst/

Its a bit cheaper than I would have hoped for !

PS4 to cost $349 dollars ?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/410337/playstation-4-to-cost-349-xbox-399-analyst/

Its a bit cheaper than I would have hoped for !

And probably 350euro. Europeans always get screwed over with the price when compared to the American price. Though 350euro sounds awesome as well, probably too good to be true. I'm still expecting around 450.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If it is 350ish then I hope that that means that they're not cutting corners. I'd rather pay €600 for a well-built machine that will last the lifespan of this generation rather than €350 for a machine that I'll need to replace after two and a half years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Has Patcher ever got anything right? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd be delighted if it's only €350. Was expecting about €500.

If its 350eu, then I might consider to get XBOX ONE as a pedestal (it is a big brick after all! ) to PS4. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

cheaper price. better system...is there any reason at all to even consider buying an xbox one :L ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement