Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

A launch date would have been nice.
    No talk about the Hard Drive etc although we may learn that over the next day or 2.
    No PS Eye included? not clear. Fine by me if it isn't!
    No longer free to play online but so what if Sony can keep up the value for money PS+ offers.

Sony were practically perfect there bar the nitpicks. Loved how they respected the PS3 install base and just how they gave an old fashioned dissing of the opposition!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Just thought i would pop in to wish you Sony fanboys congratulations on what looks like an amazing console.

Now to go back to crying in the corner and wishing that Nintendo would get their bloody act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Haven't been watching the conference, don't suppose there was any mention of Uncharted 4 or (even less likely) Red Dead 2? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

rob808 wrote: »
    Wow €400 no Drm Sony destroy Microsoft just one question is €400 with tax add on
    cadete wrote: »
    tax is small fry considering you can get a few quid back on your games........ #tradein

The tax with varies throughout the EU is included for prices in the EU they have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    A launch date would have been nice.
    No talk about the Hard Drive etc although we may learn that over the next day or 2.
    No PS Eye included? not clear. Fine by me if it isn't!
    No longer free to play online but so what if Sony can keep up the value for money PS+ offers.

Sony were practically perfect there bar the nitpicks. Loved how they respected the PS3 install base and just how they gave an old fashioned dissing of the opposition!

Not sure but sites are reporting that it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

They did really well, ripping into Microsoft was brilliant. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of exclusives tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I would like to find out if the PS4 will take a SSD and can you replace the existing HD. The rest of the technical details would be very welcome like read speed. Did you notice the lag ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure but sites are reporting that it is.

the ps eye, is it? I'm buzzing after that, there is hope for the console market after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Spurt Spurt Spurt

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

LOL!......M$ getting a well deserved rimming! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

For anyone who wants to relive the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ht-0Hne4EU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Epic E3 for Sony. They can look back on this in years and be proud and smug at the same time. They bored the crap out of everyone with the PS3 E3 with tech demos and specs then hit them with a €600 price tag and no games.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Jeebus that is a great price for the PS4, feck will have to get a pre-order in soon.

Just in-case anyone wants to know Sony has put up a press release on it's corporate site.

Just confirms 500GB hard drive, doesn't say if it's replaceable but I would say that it will be and that the Playstation Camera is not included in the bundle.

Also the RRP of the Dual Shock 4 is €59 and the camera is €49.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Sold, day one purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I'm sold too. (I was a PS2 lover, then 360). But it will be a post xmas buy from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Right being impartial here is what I thought of the PS4 reveal

Positives
    PRICE!
    No DRM
    No change for second hand game sales
    Indie games is a huge thing, big plus over time

Negatives
    No Gaikai for at least 6 months and probably later in Europe
    PSN no longer free
    Launch games extremely weak

Looking at both consoles the only game that made me say Fc*k ya I want to play that is Titanfall and thats on PC so why bother getting either console ?
    Will take a look this time next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Seems the eye doesn't come as standard..but a HDMI cable does ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Jeebus that is a great price for the PS4, feck will have to get a pre-order in soon.

Just in-case anyone wants to know Sony has put up a press release on it's corporate site.

Just confirms 500GB hard drive, doesn't say if it's replaceable but I would say that it will be and that the Playstation Camera is not included in the bundle.

Also the RRP of the Dual Shock 4 is €59 and the camera is €49.

Some body send that press release to amazon they are currently showing the Dual Shock 4 at a pre-order price of £89.99!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000722223_grlink_4?ie=UTF8&docId=1000722223&plgroup=4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Where is the best place to pre-order?
    I'd rather not have to que up for 2 days to collect it if I have it pre-ordered, is it ever guaranteed to available once you pre-order?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

PS4 HDD Upgradeable. Just like PS3's.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/344364530333274112

Proud to be a Playstation fan boy today!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

I know what im getting for xmas!!

Price and second hand games and up-gradable HDD.....looking forward to seeing die hard xbox fans making the move to PS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

After years of playing xbox I've finally decided to make the switch to Playstation.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Bye bye Microsoft, i loved your 360 and might pick up an x1 in 3 years but ps4 is gonna be day1 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Gamestop have PS4 games up for €79.97....bit pricey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I see the camera is officially extra at €49. Is it worth it ? I have a PS Move and rarely use it. It was good for games like Heavy Rain but does not offer any new ability in games, its more of a case of having to learn and remember existing capabilities that you can do via dualshock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, Destiny, inFamous Second Son, fifa 14? What more do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Right being impartial here is what I thought of the PS4 reveal

Positives
    PRICE!
    No DRM
    No change for second hand game sales
    Indie games is a huge thing, big plus over time

Negatives
    No Gaikai for at least 6 months and probably later in Europe
    PSN no longer free

Looking at both consoles the only game that made me say Fc*k ya I want to play that is Titanfall and thats on PC so why bother getting either console ?
    Will take a look this time next year

In comparison to what? I already have a PS4 backlog without even owning a PS4 yet.

Also here is the new advert!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

TheBza wrote: »
    Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, Destiny, inFamous Second Son, fifa 14? What more do you want?

To be a real pedant, inFamous Second Son isn't actually a launch game, it's Q1 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm a long time Xbox 360 owner and lover, and I've just subbed to this forum after E3. Hello, be gentle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement