Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,161 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I'm a long time Xbox 360 owner and lover, and I've just subbed to this forum after E3. Hello, be gentle.

Welcome to the light side. We also have cookies. They're nicer! and cheaper and all yours. though we do advise against used ones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

LOL!......M$ getting a well deserved rimming! :D

Our understanding of someone being rimmed clearly differs:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can't believe I paid 700 euro off the PS4 :mad: I was so sure it was gonna cost like, more than the xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

weiland79 wrote: »
    Our understanding of someone being rimmed clearly differs:pac:

LOLOLOL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playstation Plus is coming out with a 1 month sub, it's costly but allows those who only want to play online for a shorter while an option.

The monthly cost of the 1 month plan is $10, while the 90 days and 1 year are $6 and $4. There's no european price yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,857 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great day to be a PS gamer

I imagine the xbox forums are like this

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Interesting to see how PS+ will work with the PS4. With no backwards compatibility in place then I wonder what games they'll offer early on which will work on the new system. Minis only?

No doubt the PS3 will continue to get some great PS+ content. I can see both the PS3 and PS4 being booked up under my TV for the first couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

The only thing that annoys me is that it is still only comes with a stock hard drive and not SSD, but I guess that will be in the PS5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

How much will PSN access cost? Gutted it is no longer free.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

nucker wrote: »
    The only thing that annoys me is that it is still only comes with a stock hard drive and not SSD, but I guess that will be in the PS5 :pac:
    Then the price would be 599€ for a basic...
    SSD have still long way to get into consoles.
    As for me I probably just hibernate till December.
    The smile at the guys face when talking about used games is priceless, really would like to see the M$ Ceo's face then.
    The only minus can be lack of additional content, probably most will be available only in US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

nucker wrote: »

The HDD is replaceable so you can put your own SSD in there if you want.

mozattack wrote: »

€40ish a year. So long as PS+ continues to be the value it has been up until now then it'll be worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mozattack wrote: »

There's a 1 month (new), 90 days, and 1 year.

The US price for the new 1 month plan is $10, while the current in the US are $6 and $4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

The PS4's Game Swapping, Share Button, Menu & Chat In Action

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Interesting to see how PS+ will work with the PS4. With no backwards compatibility in place then I wonder what games they'll offer early on which will work on the new system. Minis only?

Day one there will be a PS+ version of Drive Club and 3 indie games all for free. Not too shabby and discounts on digital downloads of launch titles.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    €40ish a year. So long as PS+ continues to be the value it has been up until now then it'll be worth every penny.

Buy a load of yearly subs when they are that cheap and activate them all. They stack up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nothing more annoying when you find someone that plays the same game as you and you want to play them online, but they play it on a different platform. The sony landslide should at least cut out most of that, because everyone will have a PS4.
    There's very little reason to buy an xbox over a playstation now. If you prefer their exclusives, that's the only reason.
    But I can imagine next year the FIFA and COD threads will all have little red [Playstation] signs in front of them.

The fact that the PS4 is a ton cheaper will hep even more. It's going to be the platform of choice this gen. Wait till all the celebs start showing their PS4s instead of 360s, this gen Xbox was more popular. MS will be throwing free Ones at them to show them off lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cloud493 wrote: »
    Can't believe I paid 700 euro off the PS4 :mad: I was so sure it was gonna cost like, more than the xbox!

You paid 700 euro off a ps4 ? What?

Take my money Sony :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

PS4 to be region free.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-sony-playstation-4-will-be-region-free

It just keeps on getting better for Sony!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi guyz, my name is Futureguy. Any jobs as a PS moderator going? :D

jk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Vyse wrote: »
    PS4 to be region free.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-sony-playstation-4-will-be-region-free

It just keeps on getting better for Sony!!
    All they need now is some sort of <SNIP> attachment and some <SNIP> games to completely bury the xbox

Mod: couple of words removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi guyz, my name is Futureguy. Any jobs as a PS moderator going? :D

jk.

I'll take your job as Xbox moderator if you get....

Actually no, you're okay. You'll probably have to check in every 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Right being impartial here is what I thought of the PS4 reveal

Positives
    PRICE!
    No DRM
    No change for second hand game sales
    Indie games is a huge thing, big plus over time

Negatives
    No Gaikai for at least 6 months and probably later in Europe
    PSN no longer free
    Launch games extremely weak

Looking at both consoles the only game that made me say Fc*k ya I want to play that is Titanfall and thats on PC so why bother getting either console ?
    Will take a look this time next year

It has a far stronger launch lineup than the Xbox. Killzone 4 launching day one with the console is like having Halo launching with an xbox.

The One will still sell an absolute shed-load of units - especially in America. That's the slightly depressing thing about all of this.

I don't think that the more casual gamers are going to flock over to Sony in the way that people here, on blogs and on gaming sites all seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

ZQ1j6QF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So if you have a PS3, you're gonna have to pay for PSN too?

The PS4 looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So if you have a PS3, you're gonna have to pay for PSN too?

The PS4 looks amazing!

Yea, it looks like you will need a sub to PS+ to play online. I dont mind so much as long as the service is better than it is on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Soups123

I'm not a gamer in any way but my 12 year old is. Going to pre order this in Smyths for Xmas. quick question though what does you it mean by it can plan second hand games or am I reading that wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

just watched the ps4 confrence there after falling asleep during it last night. very impressed. the console itself looks fine. wonder how much psn will cost per year though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement