Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

The PS4 isn't region locked so you could order it from the US, though I'm pretty sure it'd be around the same price as the european version after tax/vat/postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

You can pre-order on Gamestop now.

http://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/44436/playstation-4-console

I don't know if the full amount comes off your card right away or at launch or what though....

Edit : Well, from their site FAQ.
    When is payment taken for pre orders?

We take payment for any Laser pre orders when the order is placed.

Important: Please note that for pre-orders purchased via MasterCard, VISA or PayPal we now take payment at time of shipping so please ensure you have funds available in advance of the release of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The PS4 isn't region locked so you could order it from the US, though I'm pretty sure it'd be around the same price as the european version after tax/vat/postage.

thats a bummer. was going to order from amazon if it ended up cheaper. could anyone explain why europe is paying 100 euro more for the exact same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

MarkY91 wrote: »
    so its launching at 399 dollars and 399 euro. HOW? xe.com says that 399 dollars = 301 euro..where is this extra 98 euro coming from? does this mean if i order from amazon for 399 dollars ill actually be paying 301 euro instead of 399 in the shops?

The US price does not include tax.

Though the price is still not exactly equal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MarkY91 wrote: »
    thats a bummer. was going to order from amazon if it ended up cheaper. could anyone explain why europe is paying 100 euro more for the exact same thing?
    US price is pre tax. Also electronics are generally much cheaper in the US as you will see with Apple etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Soups123

+1 on recommendations on where to pre-order? I would certainly like to avoid queuing.
    Just pre ordered 2 from Smyths €20 each. The lad said they where taking 250 pre orders for the store, they have already hit the 180+ mark

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I dunno what to do really atm. I am tempted to pre order a PS4 but GameStop are screwing around as usual with the pay the full amount up front.

Plus id rather wait and see what kinda bundles theres gonna be and get a confirmed selling date.

I just dont wanna leave it to late and end up sold out.

Where right now would be the best place to order it from for price and getting it that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Which store was that?

Missus reserved one for me in Liffey Valley and the manager said that they had taken 30 so far.

joe316 wrote: »
    Which store was that?

Missus reserved one for me in Liffey Valley and the manager said that they had taken 30 so far.

Im going by online aint asked in store yet. Its very early right now i have some idea i would like to order it just the fact i would like to get best value and pick the right game with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Do you think we'll ever see a PS4 controller with the dpad and the left analog stick switched? Thats the only thing keeping me

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Do you think we'll ever see a PS4 controller with the dpad and the left analog stick switched? Thats the only thing keeping me

Not from Sony anyway. And it'll probably be a while before any third party one arrives because of the touchpad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Hopefully never.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Never understood the problem with either joypad. I jump between both all the time, maybe I'm just used to them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I am certain third parties like Mad Catz or PowerA are already working on prototypes for their console accessories. With what will likely be a large influx of former 360 players to the PlayStation brand, it would be too lucrative a market to ignore.

However, before all of that, I suggest you get a hold of the Dualshock 4 before judging it. By the few accounts I have seen, it is much improved ergonomically.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Soups123

joe316 wrote: »
    Which store was that?

If the question was aimed at me it was Drogheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

I wouldn`t be ordering anything off Gamestop online. The uk branch closed and I wouldn`t be suprised if Ireland followed.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/republic-shops-unaffected-as-gamestop-shuts-all-its-north-stores-26814680.html

amazon aren`t going anywhere anytime soon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-4-PS4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1370959377&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4

But it might be nice to wait to see what bundle value you can get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Woofstuff wrote: »
    I wouldn`t be ordering anything off Gamestop online. The uk branch closed and I wouldn`t be suprised if Ireland followed.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/republic-shops-unaffected-as-gamestop-shuts-all-its-north-stores-26814680.html

amazon aren`t going anywhere anytime soon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-4-PS4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1370959377&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4

But it might be nice to wait to see what bundle value you can get

Best to pre-order with a credit card so as you'll have protection then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭jones

With HMV gone what other options are there for buying in bricks and mortar shops? I was going to order with amazon but its dear there with the already high sterling price added to the VAT increase.

I remember i bought the ps3 couple days after its launch in game just walked in bought one.

Whats the chances of that this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

Harvey Norman offered me the best deal when I bought the PS3 at Christmas when it came out.

• Advertisement

Yay. One PS+ account will work for all accounts on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭jones

I dont know about the walking in on the day this time around. The PS3 was dear as fook when it launched compared to the relatively cheap 360. its the other way around this time

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I remember i bought the ps3 couple days after its launch in game just walked in bought one.

Whats the chances of that this time?

Very unlikely.

The PS3 wasn't very popular at launch as it was so expensive (€600).

This time around I think the PS4 is going to be the console to have and I expect Nintendo Wii type of sales of it.

Already place my Amazon pre-order despite it being €18 more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Any idea if Tesco is going to do PS4 when it comes out? (not few months later).. I guess it is hard to say but is it likely or not? Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Jeebus that is a great price for the PS4, feck will have to get a pre-order in soon.

Just in-case anyone wants to know Sony has put up a press release on it's corporate site.

Just confirms 500GB hard drive, doesn't say if it's replaceable but I would say that it will be and that the Playstation Camera is not included in the bundle.

Also the RRP of the Dual Shock 4 is €59 and the camera is €49.

^ FYI for the pdf....it includes a HDMI cable as standard! :D

Would i be able to walk into GameStop put a deposit on one instead of paying full amount right now like online??

Also whats the deal with Bundles do they have to be pre ordered by themselves separate or can u pre order the console then change to the bundle you want?

Would i be able to walk into GameStop put a deposit on one instead of paying full amount right now like online??

Also whats the deal with Bundles do they have to be pre ordered by themselves separate or can u pre order the console then change to the bundle you want?

Yes.
    And most places will allow you to change your order to a bundle, but check with the store beforehand.

Someone should update the OP with all this information.

Klair88 wrote: »
    PS4 HDD Upgradeable. Just like PS3's.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/344364530333274112

Proud to be a Playstation fan boy today!

Awesome!....by launch time WD/HGST will have the new 9.5mm z-height hard drives on sale, 1.5TB capacity in a 2.5" laptop form factor ;)

nucker wrote: »
    The only thing that annoys me is that it is still only comes with a stock hard drive and not SSD, but I guess that will be in the PS5 :pac:

I would wait to see HDD vs. SSD tests first, i'm sure they'll test those hyrdid SSD/HDD drives as well. It's too soon to talk SSD....lets see some tests first before swaping drives out ;)

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    There's a 1 month (new), 90 days, and 1 year.

The US price for the new 1 month plan is $10, while the current in the US are $6 and $4.

Sony *have* to include a code for every new PS4 with a minimum 1 month free PS+....if only to promote the service and get more to sign up. A free 3 month code would be a must but might be asking too much :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement