Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

Otacon wrote: »
    The HDD is replaceable so you can put your own SSD in there if you want.
    Hopefully it's been designed so there'll be a benefit to installing an SSD, apparently it's a waste of time sticking one in a PS3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Stolen from neogaf:

Those WxHxD numbers speak volumes [pun intended]....i knew looking at the box last night it was much smaller then the X1. I bet the fan noise is alot less too.

I suspect Sony will be using copper heatpipes as opposed to just a big round heatsink/fan like M$

Soups123 wrote: »
    Just pre ordered 2 from Smyths €20 each. The lad said they where taking 250 pre orders for the store, they have already hit the 180+ mark

I put 20 quid down back in Febuary....i was first on the list in Limerick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Otacon wrote: »
    I am certain third parties like Mad Catz or PowerA are already working on prototypes for their console accessories. With what will likely be a large influx of former 360 players to the PlayStation brand, it would be too lucrative a market to ignore.

However, before all of that, I suggest you get a hold of the Dualshock 4 before judging it. By the few accounts I have seen, it is much improved ergonomically.

See here.

Thanks, I actually just send PS Ireland an email about it, giving them all this s***e about how it would put the final nail in the coffin of the xbox one, if they manufactured an alternate controller. Probably wont hear back, but might as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭jones

Would people order via amazon or wait to see what shops here do?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I dunno what to do really atm. I am tempted to pre order a PS4 but GameStop are screwing around as usual with the pay the full amount up front.

Is that online or just in store?I preordered on amazon for the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I pre-ordered mine a month or two ago in Gamestop, I just had to stick down €20 at the time. Anyone have an idea of when bundles etc. will be known? I've never bought a launch console before!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I stuck in an order with amazon a few weeks ago. Never pre-ordered console with them before, is it possible to add in bundle options later?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

jones wrote: »
    Would people order via amazon or wait to see what shops here do?

You could always order on amazon and then cancel it if something comes up in shops here since they don't charge you until it's dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Looks like I'll be crossing the divide, with MS effectively chasing me off with the always on BS, so.. anyone waiting for things to come out before getting the console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hears6 wrote: »
    anyone waiting for things to come out before getting the console?

Yeah... the console.

picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=14433

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hears6 wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be crossing the divide, with MS effectively chasing me off with the always on BS, so.. anyone waiting for things to come out before getting the console?

I'm considering waiting for GTA5 to be released on the PS4 rather than get it on the PS3. You'd expect it to be released close to launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

think im gonna get the last of us this week then wait until ps4 for gta and fifa/cod

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Was thinking of waiting for the next gen version of GTA V, but given the fact that Rockstar don't like to speak about these things much.
    I'll probs just end up getting the current gen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm considering waiting for GTA5 to be released on the PS4 rather than get it on the PS3. You'd expect it to be released close to launch.

PS4 version of the game or Xone was never announced. Only 360/PS3 and PC later. Why would Sony release the PS3/GTA5/headset pack if it was coming to PS4 too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

If GTA5 isnt released for PS4 il be in no rush to buy it.
    But I agree I dont think it will be on PS4

PS4 version of the game or Xone was never announced. Only 360/PS3 and PC later. Why would Sony release the PS3/GTA5/headset pack if it was coming to PS4 too?

Rockstar will probably not announce it until after it's been released for the 360 & PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Rockstar will probably not announce it until after it's been released for the 360 & PS3.

Exactly. No reason to announce something that could impact PS360 sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

Very very very impressed by Sonys E3. They just went back to basics. Decently priced console, so gimmicks, tons of games from small and big alike plus a dollop of tv/movies on top.

One thing I always wonder about, this 399 usd/399 euro thing. Why does the exhange rate not come into place? Because currently 399 usd is 300 euro :confused:

Very very very impressed by Sonys E3. They just went back to basics. Decently priced console, so gimmicks, tons of games from small and big alike plus a dollop of tv/movies on top.

One thing I always wonder about, this 399 usd/399 euro thing. Why does the exhange rate not come into place? Because currently 299 usd is 399 euro :confused:

The US price is without tax. Tax is differnt state by state so its easier to give prices to consumers without tax. It adds up to about the same... including tax & customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I'm definitely getting a PS4 at launch day for Killzone and DriveClub but I'm still going to be using my PS3 for GT5, GTA5 and South Park.

Its going to be odd playing 2 consoles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Deano7788 wrote: »
    You could always order on amazon and then cancel it if something comes up in shops here since they don't charge you until it's dispatched.

Do Amazon ship large electronics to Ireland now? What about delivery/postal? - can you modify your preorder to a bundle with Amazon?

Can't believe there are literally not stores to get this sorted in Ireland. Xtravision are on their knees and Smyths haven't honored warranties (some ps3 owners had to bring them to small claims court every time a console failed).

I bought my ps3 in Tesco but they are only doing preorders in UK at the mo.

Wonder if we could get someone from Tesco Ireland to setup a preorder system here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Do Amazon ship large electronics to Ireland now? What about delivery/postal? - can you modify your preorder to a bundle with Amazon?

Can't believe there are literally not stores to get this sorted in Ireland. Xtravision are on their knees and Smyths haven't honored warranties (some ps3 owners had to bring them to small claims court every time a console failed).

I bought my ps3 in Tesco but they are only doing preorders in UK at the mo.

Wonder if we could get someone from Tesco Ireland to setup a preorder system here...

You could get it delivered to parcel motel with amazon, €3.50 instead of the £6 or whatever they add to the price.

Amazon shipped my ps3 super slim last year, so I don`t see why they wouldn`t post to Ireland; choose free delivery.

Amazon are quite good in the sense that you can cancel right up until they dispatch it, so if bundles come out that you think are better, then just cancel and change your order.

unkymo wrote: »
    I'm definitely getting a PS4 at launch day for Killzone and DriveClub but I'm still going to be using my PS3 for GT5, GTA5 and South Park.

Its going to be odd playing 2 consoles!

I think in time GTA5 and other games like Arkham Origins will be released on the PS4, it'll be interesting too see the quality settings set higher on the PS4 as opposed to the PS3, we'll be able to see visually if the PS4 is better.

Eg. physics on Arkham City, switched off on PS3 and on in PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

miralize wrote: »
    The US price is without tax. Tax is differnt state by state so its easier to give prices to consumers without tax. It adds up to about the same... including tax & customs

A PS4 without the VAT would be €307.23 which in dollars is $408. The highest sales tax in the US is 11.5% in Illinois which means the price you would actually pay there for a PS4 is $444.85. At today's exchange rate that works out at €334.88. Massive difference in the cost to the consumer but not Sony's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Woofstuff wrote: »
    You could get it delivered to parcel motel with amazon, €3.50 instead of the £6 or whatever they add to the price.

Amazon shipped my ps3 super slim last year, so I don`t see why they wouldn`t post to Ireland; choose free delivery.

Amazon are quite good in the sense that you can cancel right up until they dispatch it, so if bundles come out that you think are better, then just cancel and change your order.

Cheers -
    How much was amazon postal for the slim ps3? Do you need to use credit over debit card or anything to ensure you can cancel and how close can you cut it? Like a week? 2 weeks? Is there a way to know in advance how much time you have before they bill you or can you cancel for free until they tell you it's dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Cheers -
    How much was amazon postal for the slim ps3? Do you need to use credit over debit card or anything to ensure you can cancel and how close can you cut it? Like a week? 2 weeks? Is there a way to know in advance how much time you have before they bill you or can you cancel for free until they tell you it's dispatched?

Free delivery with Amazon. I got a 360 delivered for free. You can cancel right up to dispatch time you are not billed until dispatch.

A PS4 without the VAT would be €307.23 which in dollars is $408. The highest sales tax in the US is 11.5% in Illinois which means the price you would actually pay there for a PS4 is $444.85. At today's exchange rate that works out at €334.88. Massive difference in the cost to the consumer but not Sony's fault.

It's strange then that the PS Eye is $59 in America but €49 in Europe (according to Polygon)

factor in customs and distribution costs. I'd wager that its costs more to get stuff around Europe (islands) than it is through the US (bar alaska & hawaii)

• Advertisement

the ps eye will be more then 50 quid, i expect 60 - 65 myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement