Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Is it HDMI 1.4 or not?....the mono headset, earbud type....what does a mono earbud headset look like?

Something like this? http://www.amazon.com/BestDealUSA-Earphone-Headphone-Headset-Handsfree/dp/B0085J9ONC/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370968950&sr=1-2&keywords=earbud+mono+headset

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Is that online or just in store?I preordered on amazon for the moment anyway.
    I was quoted a €50 deposit for pre order today at gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

the ps eye will be more then 50 quid, i expect 60 - 65 myself.

It is 49 euro, it's on the official Sony factsheet.

ps4-fact-sheet-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is it HDMI 1.4 or not?....the mono headset, earbud type....what does a mono earbud headset look like?

Something like this? http://www.amazon.com/BestDealUSA-Earphone-Headphone-Headset-Handsfree/dp/B0085J9ONC/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370968950&sr=1-2&keywords=earbud+mono+headset

9012524856_5a2f5d0bee_h.jpg

Sorry about the size of the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I was told by Amazon that even though they will charge when dispatching ps4 they will preauthorise card now. Any experience with that? Will I be stuck with (I think it works out around 420euro) on card for a while?

Wish somebody did it for 20euro here in Ireland online .. live far from any shop to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Happy days, buy one of these and your xbox360 headsets chat cabbles will work with the PS4 chat.
    Linkage

CORaven wrote: »

Is there a built-in microphone?

The mic is on the controller (holes just above the PS button).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yes. That other part on the wire is a mic.
    The mic is on the controller (holes just above the PS button).

That is a speaker.

• Advertisement

Yes. That other part on the wire is a mic.

That is a speaker.

Actually you can see the headset in this video:

another image here http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/8369345/9012443116_b6aee64135_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Is the stand included with the PS4? The people in Gamestop today hadnt a clue about it.

Scylla wrote: »
    Is the stand included with the PS4? The people in Gamestop today hadnt a clue about it.

If it's anything like the PS3 then it will be an extra accessory you need to buy.
    I think the PS2 came with one as standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

PS4 €399.97 on Gamestop, will work out cheaper than Ambo which with the 3% vat and exchange would be €420. Any issues with Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Scylla wrote: »

The stand is an extra addon like the PS2 stand was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fiskar wrote: »
    . Any issues with Gamestop?

They could go bang before Xmas like GAME and HMV.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Happy enough with the Sony event last night , shame about the need for a ps+ account to play multiplayer but then again my ps+ sub was going nowhere anyway :D.

Glad I took the chance the day after the Xbox event a few weeks ago to pre-order my PS4 with a €20 deposit.

€400 launch price is fantastic :D , great job Sony.

lol, Geoff Keighley asking Jack Tretton to drop the mic.

iInweN54uCF4G.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

lol, Geoff Keighley asking Jack Tretton to drop the mic.

iInweN54uCF4G.gif

good interview by Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Do Amazon ship large electronics to Ireland now? What about delivery/postal? - can you modify your preorder to a bundle with Amazon?

Amazon will ship packages weighing less than 30kg and in smaller packaging than 100 x 60 x 58. A PS4 should easily fall within those dimensions.

If you're planning on upgrading the hard drive straight away you'll have to get one from somewhere else though. For some reason Amazon don't ship blank media internationally.

• Advertisement

So maybe a 450 Euro SKu with the new PS eye?

Will there be a game demo disc inside?....i assume a flyer with a code for drive club....a code for a month of ps plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

chances of current headsets working with ps4?

Also, while Sony said there'll be no DRM and activation lockdown, I'm guessing nothing will stop publishers from doing so, like they are with game codes right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

They could go bang before Xmas like GAME and HMV.:pac:

Xtravision might be a safer bet. Just announced today they were bought out by the same firm as bought HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

If you're planning on upgrading the hard drive straight away you'll have to get one from somewhere else though. For some reason Amazon don't ship blank media internationally.

Really? I ordered an SSD from them earlier without any problems. So did a good few other ppl in the bargain alerts thread. Hopefully they won't be cancelled.

miralize wrote: »

Also, while Sony said there'll be no DRM and activation lockdown, I'm guessing nothing will stop publishers from doing so, like they are with game codes right now.

Almost 100% positive the Sony Pulse headset is compatiable, they showed off a GTA5 version last night with a new profile, i am sure this profile will be available for free to current owners via firmware update. Granted it was PS3 but i see no technical reason the headset wont work with the PS4.

The Move works with the PS4.

miralize wrote: »

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-ps4-used-game-restrictions-up-to-publishers

Sounds alot like Microsfts policy....i'm :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Almost 100% positive the Sony Pulse headset is compatiable, they showed off a GTA5 version last night with a new profile, i am sure this profile will be available for free to current owners via firmware update. Granted it was PS3 but i see no technical reason the headset wont work with the PS4.

The Move works with the PS4.

I kind of meant 3rd party headsets but thanks for letting me know!

No, it's the same system that currently exists with the PS3. If publishers want to use online passes with their games they can already do that now.

They've said there won't be "any new restrictions" to how it already works, and no authentication of any type.

Microsoft has built DRM technology into the console. Xbox One requires online authentication every 24 hours on your primary console, or every 60 minutes if you are signed into another console. You cannot lend, privately sell or loan games, you can't rent games. Those aren't publisher measures, thats stuff that is built in at a hardware/OS level.

None of that has been built into the PS4. That's the big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Article is saying its the same policy at the moment on current gen ps3. with publishers requiring you to pay a nominal fee for certain extra functions of the game such as mutiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Amazon will ship packages weighing less than 30kg and in smaller packaging than 100 x 60 x 58. A PS4 should easily fall within those dimensions.

This is not true.

I bought a Crucial S4 SSD from Amazon and got it delivered over here last year.

Unless they have changed their policies since then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement