Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Why dont MS offer consumers a choice and provide a Kinect bundle & a barebones XBone bundle.

Because it wont work without the Kinect plugged in and powered on....if you power on with no Kinect attached a warning message appears and you cant even enter the main menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Because it wont work without the Kinect plugged in and powered on....if you power on with no Kinect attached a warning message appears and you cant even enter the main menu.

You can disable it from a menu. Not a huge deal, not sure why people getting up in arms over it. Don't like it turn it off. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    You can disable it from a menu. Not a huge deal, not sure why people getting up in arms over it. Don't like it turn it off. Happy days.

It still has to be plugged in and connected at all times though that was his main point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It states on their website that they only ship blank media to UK addresses. Amazon wouldn't ship a hard drive to me a couple of months ago because I wasn't in the UK.

Someone should tell them that then as the 1TB i've in my PS3 showed up last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Your camera us turned off, now. ..

No really, it is, continue what you were doing..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It states on their website that they only ship blank media to UK addresses. Amazon wouldn't ship a hard drive to me a couple of months ago because I wasn't in the UK.

Sounds like you were buying off a seller and not amazon themselves. Im after buying multiple hds off them

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

Good news the PS4 is also region free :Dhttp://imgur.com/a/zSN57#n6ldUVH

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

When there is confusion over the exact state of awareness and control a consumer has over a mandatory camera for a games console, you know something has gone wrong.

I'm really happy it's not required for the PS4. Apart from the extra cost it would add.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Anyone know if there is somewhere you can pre-order now but your card is charged straight away? Will be making money for the summer but I'm fairly sure I will be a broke student again by November!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Battleflag wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is somewhere you can pre-order now but your card is charged straight away? Will be making money for the summer but I'm fairly sure I will be a broke student again by November!

amazon? or would you prefer a bricks and motar shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

your card isn't charged straight away at amazon, it's charged when it ships

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

i preordered today in xtravision 50 quid and i am guaranteed a console, can chose a bundle closer to release and pay in for it whenever i like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

If you pay with Laser on GameStop they will charge it today. Every other card will be charged on day of shipping.

How much does it come to in Euros if you ship it from Amazon to the Parcel Motel thingie, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Varik wrote: »
    Someone should tell them that then as the 1TB i've in my PS3 showed up last week.
    Chinpool wrote: »
    Sounds like you were buying off a seller and not amazon themselves. Im after buying multiple hds off them

Glad to be proven wrong :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Grayditch wrote: »
    How much does it come to in Euros if you ship it from Amazon to the Parcel Motel thingie, does anyone know?

Why would you use the parcel motel thingie when you can get it shipped directly to your house for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

This whole region free thing is gonna really impact players in NZ and OZ> no More extortionate prices! Wonder how the multiplayer will work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

cadete wrote: »
    i preordered today in xtravision 50 quid and i am guaranteed a console, can chose a bundle closer to release and pay in for it whenever i like

A tad risky maybe?

What way to amazon deliver pre-ordered items, say would you receive the console on the day of release?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

A tad risky maybe?

What way to amazon deliver pre-ordered items, say would you receive the console on the day of release?

I have complete faith that Xtravision will stick around. Especially nessecary for smaller towns that dont have a proper outlet to buy electronics or Blurays/Dvds.

And the popcorn.

Can't imagine any shop closing up BEFORE Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

A tad risky maybe?

possibly
    but taken over today
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hmv-owner-hilco-rescues-irelands-largest-dvd-rental-181126273.html
    so hopefully will be safe place to buy, and i want to collect at midnight release day dont want to wait on amazon to deliver especially if release was to be a friday :)

I see load of potential for the touchpad on the new controller. Even just a sticker grid over it could break it up into 8 sections and be used as 8 new buttons for quick commands for RPGs. Or just to draw patterns to select spells. I just hope it's not wedged into games for quick time events.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

is their any benefit in ordering from one shop to another? because their is an xtravision around the corner from me and id rather go there for midnight release(im assuming that will happen?) than somewhere in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I see load of potential for the touchpad on the new controller. Even just a sticker grid over it could break it up into 8 sections and be used as 8 new buttons for quick commands for RPGs. Or just to draw patterns to select spells. I just hope it's not wedged into games for quick time events.
    can the touchpad display stuff? im not sure what it actually does. if it can display stuff then i think a great idea is to have a keyboard for when youre messaging people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Amazon.co.uk uses super saver which is free if the parcel is over something like €25 and you don't mind waiting 5 working days. If you want it sooner you can select air mail and pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

A tad risky maybe?

Nope, amazon ship on release day. Never early.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk uses super saver which is free if the parcel is over something like €25 and you don't mind waiting 5 working days. If you want it sooner you can select air mail and pay.

I get items in 2 days with free delivery, sometimes 3 but never 5 unless it's christmas time and an post are up to their knackers.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    can the touchpad display stuff? im not sure what it actually does. if it can display stuff then i think a great idea is to have a keyboard for when youre messaging people

No, the touch pad is just that. But the bottom edge of it functions as a click button while the top edge is rigid. I think it would be great in RPG menues and weapon selections in FPS games.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Otacon wrote: »
    The HDD is replaceable so you can put your own SSD in there if you want.

I know, but they should have SSD as stock drives rather the need to upgrade to one

• Advertisement

nucker wrote: »
    I know, but they should have SSD as stock drives rather the need to upgrade to one

SSDs are more expensive. A 500Gb SSD is about €300 whole sale price alone. PS4 might not even take full advantage of the speeds they offer either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement