Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Theoretically, its possible, especially now that they're built on the same architecture. Sony & Microsoft wont play nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

miralize wrote: »
    Theoretically, its possible, especially now that they're built on the same architecture. Sony & Microsoft wont play nice though.

Possible but no developer will do it. Two have been asked in interviews so far at E3 and all said no way. Unfair advantage to different platforms was a reason. That and next gen versions of games could have different features. So no PS3 and PS4 players in the same game lobby.

Different network protocals through, wouldn't work.

There was even rumors of UT3 on PS3 and PC playing together back in the day but was all hearsay. Could not realistically work when you really think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Possible but no developer will do it. Two have been asked in interviews so far at E3 and all said no way. Unfair advantage to different platforms was a reason. That and next gen versions of games could have different features. So no PS3 and PS4 players in the same game lobby.

Not between the PS3 & PS4 but there's cross play with the Vita for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

Ah its extremely possible to do it in fact but like that would defeat the purpose of competing companies, no?

Sure you could sell packs of Coke and Pepsi together, three cans of each, but why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

if i preorder for 20 euro in extra vision, will i have the option to choose whatever bundle i want closer to launch? or will i have to preorder from gamestop/smyths for that? xtravision is around the corner from my house so i really want to order from there. ill most likely get the cod ghosts bundle anyway(assuming that will be a bundle)

Will Xtravision still be around by November though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

lol

sonysharesmall.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

MarkY91 wrote: »
    if i preorder for 20 euro in extra vision, will i have the option to choose whatever bundle i want closer to launch? or will i have to preorder from gamestop/smyths for that? xtravision is around the corner from my house so i really want to order from there. ill most likely get the cod ghosts bundle anyway(assuming that will be a bundle)

its 50 in extravision and yes you can chose a bundle l8r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Will Xtravision still be around by November though?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hmv-owner-hilco-rescues-irelands-largest-dvd-rental-181126273.html

Yes they will

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    its 50 in extravision and yes you can chose a bundle l8r

oh really? damn. ill have to wait til monday then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Guess that confirms games priced at 59.99$, and the controller at 59.99$ too.

cadete wrote: »

Its still a very delicate market. Almost not needed, I can't emphasise the word enough though.

They are playing some ST pinball game/demo in this pic

http://playstationgang.com/e3-2013-exclusive-real-life-ps4-images/attachment/13486/

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

500€+ for a game and pad wouldnt be a bad deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,855 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Out of interest - who plans to get the PS Eye? I got the Eye + Move for the PS3 but I've almost never used it. I'm wondering with some of the social media functionality in the new console if there will be a use for it (like Skyping people from your TV)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Newaglish wrote: »
    Out of interest - who plans to get the PS Eye? I got the Eye + Move for the PS3 but I've almost never used it. I'm wondering with some of the social media functionality in the new console if there will be a use for it (like Skyping people from your TV)

Same here, I hardly ever used the Eye or move. Is there much use for the PS Eye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sports Champions 1+2 are actually really good, as is Tumble.

The Archery on Sports Champions is the only thing that I'd play regularly, though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

First of all the PS Eye is now called Playstation 4 Camera

I wouldn't expect Skype, as Skype is now owned by Microsoft, but I guess that at some stage the PS4 might get a Facebook and/or Google+ app that would allow video calling over their competing services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Kind of a decent size comparison:

VSDxg0F.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

bk wrote: »

I wouldn't expect Skype, as Skype is now owned by Microsoft, but I guess that at some stage the PS4 might get a Facebook and/or Google+ app that would allow video calling over their competing services.

I dunno, Skype's on the Vita as of now, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

bk wrote: »

Jack Tretton mentioned Skype is on PS4 during the press conference. Can't remember when exactly though.

EDIT: Sorry, maybe that was Vita. I forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Morpork wrote: »
    Jack Tretton mentioned Skype is on PS4 during the press conference. Can't remember when exactly though.

He said it was on vita.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Then I suppose Skype could happen, but I'd be very surprised if it did, it seems to be a key selling point of their "own the living room" X1

However I expect Facebook would jump at the chance to bring their video chat to PS4.

I think it would be a good idea for Sony to take a leave out of Apples play book and partner with the top social media sites to compete with MS.

Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Youtube, Vimeo, Flickr, Spotfiy integration.

It would help with Sony's relatively weaker online and social presence.

I'd love to know how the PSN ID will work. I know I will be swapping between the PS4 and 3 for a few months so wondering how logging on between consoles will work. I know all the PS+ stuff will stay on what ever consoles they are designed for just trophy stuff and friends lists etc.

Also seeing now everyone needs PS+ to play online will Sony let us change our ID names if we want like Xbox Live. Really, really want that option for PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Was there any confirmation on headset compatibility yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I'd love to know how the PSN ID will work. I know I will be swapping between the PS4 and 3 for a few months so wondering how logging on between consoles will work. I know all the PS+ stuff will stay on what ever consoles they are designed for just trophy stuff and friends lists etc.

Also seeing now everyone needs PS+ to play online will Sony let us change our ID names if we want like Xbox Live. Really, really want that option for PS4.

PSN will work on any device. I think the PS4 will support your real name if you wish. PS+ will work for Vita, PS3 and PS4. I'm not sure how messages will work though. They might go to all devices or just first device you sign into.
    Scylla wrote: »
    Was there any confirmation on headset compatibility yet??

Someone said that the Xbox headset would work on the PS4. I think it supports most devices.

Dualshock 4 sounds really good. All the lag seems to be gotten rid of and hopefully the tightening up of the analogy sticks is enough. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement