Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Box art time, Killzone and destiny my favourites. Not all of these are final.

10767461-1371038779-643620.jpg
    10767460-1371038779-643607.jpg
    10767467-1371038779-643755.jpg
    10767466-1371038779-643737.jpg
    10804214-1371038779-643720.jpg
    10817178-1371038779-643561.jpg
    10784751-1370965433-955737.jpg
    10817190-1371038779-643526.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

The box art look great preorder my ps4 at xtravision.Im just wondering can you use your gamer tag on ps3 on to ps4.The other thing is the psn+ if you have it on ps3 would it also transfer over to ps4 because it be cool free stuff on both ps3 and ps4 you get your money worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Killzone, Destiny look good box art wise. From what I've seen I can't say the same for the games. I think the Killzone one will change but that one looks cool.

The US and EU Killzone3 boxart was very different. I liked the US one better, imported it from Canada new on release for €40 delivered at the time.

I like the return to the blue branding on the boxes, along with the design of the PS4 it's like Sony are having a PS2 relapse.

rob808 wrote: »
    The box art look great preorder my ps4 at xtravision.Im just wondering can you use your gamer tag on ps3 on to ps4.The other thing is the psn+ if you have it on ps3 would it also transfer over to ps4 because it be cool free stuff on both ps3 and ps4 you get your money worth.

Same ID and memberships work across PS3, PS4 and Vita at the same time. PS3 PS+ content will not work on PS4 and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im preordering in next few days. is it really a 50 euro preorder or can i do it for 20?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

MarkY91 wrote: »
    im preordering in next few days. is it really a 50 euro preorder or can i do it for 20?

20 in smiths and in game stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

padair wrote: »
    20 in smiths and in game stop.

xtravision is just 2 minute walk from my house so that benefits me alot. never really in town :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yes. And Yes.
    Your PS+ transfers over to PS4, but obviously none of the stuff on PS3 will work on PS4. You'll still get free games every month, starting with Drive Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Yea but I only have pay 349 because 50 get taken of price so you get ps4 at launch I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

When are amazon likely to have the console shipped out - a couple of days after day 1 or what?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I just there pulled out my Smyth's deposit receipt from Feb. 22nd...:o - i splashed 20 quid down right after the launch event...first on the list though! :D

So i'm gonna go in a 9am and splash down a 200 note deposit, pay 20 quid a week if i can...20 weeks to 30th of Oct., that'll be 420 quid paid. If it launches the following week and i can trade in a ton of PS3 games and get two new PS4 games or something.

:cool:

Its Battlefield 4 and Wolfenstein for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

It looks that we have another good news for PS4.
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/06/xbox-one-will-only-work-in-a-few-countries-during-launch/
    Im going straight to shop after paycheck at friday, im to afraid the there wont be enough consoles for all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

yoshiktk wrote: »
    It looks that we have another good news for PS4.
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/06/xbox-one-will-only-work-in-a-few-countries-during-launch/
    Im going straight to shop after paycheck at friday, im to afraid the there wont be enough consoles for all :P

Sorry, why is this a good thing for PS4?

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Sorry, why is this a good thing for PS4?

Because it's going to put people off the XBO and into the arms of Sony.

Because it's going to put people off the XBO and into the arms of Sony.

I would imagine MS have done their homework and the countries above represent the vast majority of their business. Plus, it's only launch countries so they will continue to add.

That being said, after everything they have done so far, they probably have not done their homework.

True, the link is just stirring the soup a bit. The point I think that is being made is XBO will only work in countries it's officially released in. Say if someone from Japan goes to the US for launch, buys one and takes it back to Japan and gets the correct power supply, the console won't work until MS activate the servers in that country. Just shows how locked down the system is more than anything else really.

True, the link is just stirring the soup a bit. The point I think that is being made is XBO will only work in countries it's officially released in. Say if someone from Japan goes to the US for launch, buys one and takes it back to Japan and gets the correct power supply, the console won't work until MS activate the servers in that country. Just shows how locked down the system is more than anything else really.

Yeah, that's crazy. Can't believe they left out Japan and South Korea for launch.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's crazy. Can't believe they left out Japan and South Korea for launch.

They gave the reason they they want more time to gear the XBO towards the Asian market as they like different content than the Western world in general. As it is the 360 is not big in Asia at all and the Xbox brand is not that great there, Japan favours it's home brands of Sony and Nintendo and those companies look after their home market.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

For me its just to ridiculous to be true. Poland had to wait like 2 years for a Live support, that just show what MS treats smaller markets. Like someone mentioned on one of sites, there had to be change of PR management in MS cause its hard to believe that the same team which was so successful with Xbox and Xbox 360 are doing such a mess.
    Thats why its a good news for us. More ppl buying PS4 means more games and other stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

How are preorders looking in shops? Anywhere sold out?

Knowing how the Irish do it; they will probably take ALL the preorders and then later just be like, yeah....sorry about that.

How are preorders looking in shops? Anywhere sold out?

Knowing how the Irish do it; they will probably take ALL the preorders and then later just be like, yeah....sorry about that.

The thing now is we have less shops. No GAME, HMV, less Xtravisions (the two closest to me are gone). Only Gamestop and Smyths are left as the big players, sure you have the likes of Harvey, Tesco and PowerCity picking up some odd bits. But each shop now can take more pre-orders than before.

Someone on here claimed they were on Smyths (didn't say which) asking about pre orders for the PS4. The guy said he could take 250 and they had 180 already. How true that is is anyones guess.

Just back from Smyths in Limerick, yer man confirmed again i was 1st on the list...woo hoo!, midnight opening etc., i tried to pay 180 quid but he said i couldnt but what i could do is get a gift voucher for 180, so thats what i did....200 notes paid off, ha;f the battle.

I stil lthink by the time it hits shops the retail price in Ireland will be 419 notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm in two minds now. I've already put a substanial amount down at gamestop, but if HMV are coming back, should I switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

Does anyone else get this old feeling of like the 'ps2 days' coming back, it's hard to explain but it feels like that now. That is a very very good thing imo.

Does anyone else get this old feeling of like the 'ps2 days' coming back, it's hard to explain but it feels like that now. That is a very very good thing imo.

I think so, from the design touches on the PS4 to the blue trim on the game boxes, it's like a PS2 revolution. The extra stand help the console stand up. It's like 1999 again. I feel like I'm 14 all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I think so, from the design touches on the PS4 to the blue trim on the game boxes, it's like a PS2 revolution. The extra stand help the console stand up. It's like 1999 again. I feel like I'm 14 all over again.

It's almost like a next-gen PS2, as if the PS3 never happened. Kinda fitting in some ways. :pac:

I just saw it only has 2 USB ports. That is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm in two minds now. I've already put a substanial amount down at gamestop, but if HMV are coming back, should I switch?
    cloud didn't you work for hmv?? why anyone would buy anything from hmv after they screwed customers and staff over here is beyond me.....

online mate the only way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭jones

The good thing (if there is one) about only having 2 usb ports is at least the PS eye doesnt use one of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement