Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I recently bought a triton warhead 7.1 headset for my 360... will it work with ps4 or will I have to buy a different headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

As a massive Xbox 360 controller fan this makes me very happy

oSi1MMu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Put 50 down in Gamestop in February on this, Girlfirend laughed at me saying it was to early, first in the list now in Castlebar out of 78 people so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Xenji wrote: »
    Put 50 down in Gamestop in February on this, Girlfirend laughed at me saying it was to early, first in the list now in Castlebar out of 78 people so far.

Ooh, another person from Castlebar. :D

Amazon Facebook have a poll up for PS4 vs X1 and the PS4 is winning with over 15:1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is there gonna be a limit on these pre-orders, like only the first 50 will get them on release day and then they go down the list as they get more in, also what happens if a person puts money down but does not come in on the day to get it, will they give it to the next person or will they only give it to people that have fully paid it off before the release day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

the mic you get with the PS4

946677_10151507744401633_1290617066_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MarkY91 wrote: »
    the mic you get with the PS4

946677_10151507744401633_1290617066_n.jpg

It's extra, does not come with it. Good thing you can use what ever mic/headset you want though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

It's extra, does not come with it. Good thing you can use what ever mic/headset you want though.

No, it does come with it. You get the PS4, a Controller, that mic, and a HDMI lead in every box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

really? ive read that its free. ive an official ps3 earpiece mic so i never planned on using it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Every retail listing has it and a HDMI cable included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Amazon.com has split its PS4 orders into two categories : 'Launch' and 'Standard' editions. Launch is already sold out. If you got the 'Launch' edition (which is identical to 'Standard') you would be guaranteed a PS4 on launch day. Looks like demand on Amazon has already past supply. I have yet to place an order but do want to get one the day it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Ended up pre-ordering it on amazon a few days ago so hopefully have the launch edition! If your like me and want to pay for it now instead of november when it ships, I came up with a fairly good idea. Buy yourself a gift certificate and apply it to the order, boom! payed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Amazon.com has split its PS4 orders into two categories : 'Launch' and 'Standard' editions. Launch is already sold out. If you got the 'Launch' edition (which is identical to 'Standard') you would be guaranteed a PS4 on launch day.

Hmm, how do you tell? My order says neither Launch nor Standard anywhere

Edit: just noticed you said .com - assume .co.uk is different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Its the .com that has 'Launch' edition sold out. There is standard edition still available and has a ship date of 31st December as the latest. Sony still has to release a ship date for U.S and Europe but U.S may get it for thanksgiving. There is also the possibility of bundles. It's all a long way away still.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

With all the preorders it sounds like if you don't preorder it now, there's going to be dissapointed kids at christmas. I plan on waiting till the new year anyway.
    Has anyone ever preordered a console and not got it on launch day? For instance, a shop taking 100 preorders and only getting 50 consoles in?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Maybe, I'd expect a bunch of cancellations though...peoples financial situations can change in the months between now and release. I'm happy enough to wait for stock as there's no real benefit to buying day one other than kinda pathetic bragging rights :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Maybe, I'd expect a bunch of cancellations though...peoples financial situations can change in the months between now and release. I'm happy enough to wait for stock as there's no real benefit to buying day one other than kinda pathetic bragging rights :P

I remember getting iPad (3rd I think, already sold it) went to PC world and expected to wait for ages to get it.

Around 10am there were no customers at all and I took one, paid and left.

I am sure it is going to be same with PS4

The worst thing for sony is when somebody goes to buy PS4 and it's out of stock - they get xbox one ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Sweet. Has it been announced how many players will be in the PS4 version of planetside 2? PC version can have up to 2000 per server :eek:, but I don't know how many of them you would actually meet in a match.

So Online on the PS4 is not like live but more like getting an all you can eat online pass, free to play games are likely to only ones to do this as they'll be financed with micro transactions.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    Sweet. Has it been announced how many players will be in the PS4 version of planetside 2? PC version can have up to 2000 per server :eek:, but I don't know how many of them you would actually meet in a match.

More than likely the same.

There's no real boards outfit in the game on PC as most people are spread over all three empires and on conflicting servers. It'd be a good idea to decide beforehand, my votes for the NC and pick a server at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PlayStation 4's Shuhei Yoshida on Oculus Rift: We have dev kits, 'I love it'
    ..."We've got a couple of the development kits, and I tried it out and I love it," he told us in an interview this morning at E3 2013. Whether the PlayStation 4 will support it is another question. "No, it doesn't," Yoshida told us. Not yet, that is... When we asked whether the company's planning on offering support in the future, he only offered a "No comment" with a big smile...

do-want-house.jpg

It's redundant to add that Shuhei Yoshida said anything with a big smile, he says everything with a smile; very jolly man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There'll be a bit of a buzz around getting it on release day. Other than that, it makes no difference. Queing up to get it is sad though!
    Having said that, if I was single and living on my own, I'd be taking the day off work

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

PS+ is such a good service anyway I don't mind paying the fiver a month to use it. Plus with the fact some games won't have to have it, it's really not a bad situation.

Now *this* is what i wanted to see!....a teardown of the new Xbox 360!

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/xbox-360-e-teardown-by-ifixit-reveals-inner-workings-of-new-console-13-06-2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Anyone know who is giving the best price for trading in a 160 GB slim PS3 for the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Anyone know who is giving the best price for trading in a 160 GB slim PS3 for the PS4?

Was in gamestop today and heard one of the staff quote a guy for €110 credit for the 320gb slim if thats any help?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Garseys wrote: »
    Was in gamestop today and heard one of the staff quote a guy for €110 credit for the 320gb slim if thats any help?:confused:

Thanks, I'd say they'd only offer me around 70 so.

• Advertisement

Garseys wrote: »

Do they give cash or just credit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement