Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Personally i'll wait and see how the Gakai thing will work. If they decide to make us pay even with the original discs ill trade them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

110 trade, 84 cash for the PS3 slim 320gb in gamestop.
    85 trade, I don't know how much cash for the 160gb.

Think I'm gonna keep my PS3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Lads how much would I get for a YLOD PS3? 70 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Aspiring wrote: »
    Lads how much would I get for a YLOD PS3? 70 euro?

From gamestop, nothing. You'd need ask in the console modding forum so the going rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Decided I'm going to wait until February or March before getting my PS4. Can't be dealing with the stress of will I get one on release day, blah, blah. I'll give myself an extra four months to clear some of my PS3 backlog and then upgrade In the Spring.

Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Anyone know who is giving the best price for trading in a 160 GB slim PS3 for the PS4?
    I'll think you should keep your ps3 because you get free games on ps3 and ps4 with the psn+ given that you can use your ps3 account on the ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

just say i dont preorder the ps4. how long after release date would i be waiting til i get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

MarkY91 wrote: »
    just say i dont preorder the ps4. how long after release date would i be waiting til i get one?

Nobody can really answer that. It depends how long it takes for Sony to manufacture more.
    For all we know it could end up being like the Nexus 4 where it takes months at a time before more come back in stock.

Nobody can really answer that. It depends how long it takes for Sony to manufacture more.
    For all we know it could end up being like the Nexus 4 where it takes months at a time before more come back in stock.

god really? i was hoping it to be a week or two lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's going to be released close to Christmas so I would get one at launch if you plan on buying it in the next year because there won't be a price drop any time soon. I remember PS2s were impossible to get the year they launched at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its not like a phone release though. Yes its a public release on a specific day of 2013, but consoles come out every 7-10 years... theyre not the same as a yearly iteration at the local Apple store.

Phones are also shipping in stages, the US & UK first etc... whereas everywhere will be getting the PS4 at the same time, meaning it will be resulting in low stock for a while I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

just seen a demo for murdered suspect for the PS4 over on playstation blog and it looks like a great game. Its coming out early 2014. Looks very original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Looks like I'll be another xbox 360 owner jumping ship back to Sony... The "buy a 360 if you don't have broadband" quote was the clincher. Pre ordered on amazon but might double up in Smyth,looks like demand is high!

Order went through for Gamestop, I can cancel up until it ships as per most sites. There's no bundles so prices were full but I can cancel if I need to.

Killzone & Infamous, also I'll have the plus version of Driveclub (plus those 2 indie games) and Planetside 2 (probably) so there's no real rush for more and I don't like anyone enough to buy an extra controller at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Varik wrote: »
    Order went through for Gamestop, I can cancel up until it ships as per most sites. There's no bundles so prices were full but I can cancel if I need to.

Killzone & Infamous, also I'll have the plus version of Driveclub (plus those 2 indie games) and Planetside 2 (probably) so there's no real rush for more and I don't like anyone enough to buy an extra controller at those prices.
    Infamous isn't a launch title, no point pre-ordering it

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

lertsnim wrote: »
    I have to disagree entirely with you and the reaction online about the Xbox One reveal would lead me to think I'm not alone. A games console should be that first with the multimedia aspects secondary

people float in and out of playing games. i and most of my friends would not buy a games console focused on just playing games as it does not justify the price. we are casual gamers, Pro Evo, Fifa, Call of Duty etc.

I know people are saying you can buy all the other tech separately but that seems like a waste of money if you are not into spending huge money on such items.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

people float in and out of playing games. i and most of my friends would not buy a games console focused on just playing games as it does not justify the price. we are casual gamers, Pro Evo, Fifa, Call of Duty etc.

I know people are saying you can buy all the other tech separately but that seems like a waste of money if you are not into spending huge money on such items.

And what exactly non gaming features does the X1 have that the PS4 won't have?

Literally the only feature is the ability to semi-control your Sky/UPC TV box. As they will be using IR Blasters to do this, trust me this feature will suck bad. I've been using IR Blasters for 12 years and I can assure you they don't work well. Slow and buggy and it tends to get out of sync.

Other then that, PS4 will have all the same features, Netflix, RTE Player, Spotify, Facebook, Twitter, 3D Blu-Ray movies, etc.

Even better, on PS4 you don't need a subscription to watch these features, unlike the X1. That will make the PS4 the better "casual" gamer console.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Anyone know who is giving the best price for trading in a 160 GB slim PS3 for the PS4?

If you are in Dublin - CEX will give you €121 cash boxed, €115 unboxed

Far better prices than gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Will PS4's be the same price in Smyths, xtravision and GameStop? Which would be the best to pre book one in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Deedsie wrote: »
    Will PS4's be the same price in Smyths, xtravision and GameStop? Which would be the best to pre book one in?

I would say the PS4 will be the same price across the board. Where they may differ is in their bundle prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Looks like there may be stock shortages.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/14/ps4-house-warns-that-shortages-may-hit-as-sony-raises-sales-forecast/

I hope everyone has preordained.

Deedsie wrote: »

the man in xtravision confirmed that its 399 euro there when i was pre-booking today. i dont know who is best to pre-book with but i did it in xtravision because its a 3 minute walk from my house. go to the nearest place to you is what i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Xtravision will take pre orders for the PS4 online here -> http://www.xtra-vision.ie/ps4-no-layout-updates.html

I think Xtravision has recently secured its future so if the store is not that far from you it might be a straightforward purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Think they were bought by the same people that have taken over HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Has anyone pre ordered off amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Otacon wrote: »
    I would say the PS4 will be the same price across the board. Where they may differ is in their bundle prices.

I'm guessing gamestop will have the more expensive bundle prices like always. I'm debating whether or not to pre-order there purely for the sake of convenience or go to smyths and do it.

Any suggestions?

Has anyone pre ordered off amazon?

Only seen one person say they did, personally I wouldn't as you paying the higher sterling price and unless you take an extra step or 2 you'll have to pay extra vat.

Unless amazon discount the console before launch it'll cost 20-30 more from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I booked the PS4 today. The staff said its dominating the XBox One. I hadnt asked, but I figured that anyway.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I booked the PS4 today. The staff said its dominating the XBox One. I hadnt asked, but I figured that anyway.

Some site on the US side of things are reporting 15:1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I read 3:2 in favour of PS4 today on IGN, I think.

15:1 might be isolated cases, that sounds like too much of a disaster for Microsoft.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement