Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got rocks?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I'm into rc rock crawling (here LMGTFY!) but here's the thing: There aren't any natural rock outcrops (or even just heaps of natural stone) that I know of that are suitable and accessible - apart obviously from the local beaches. The issue with going down to the beach (Malahide, Portrane, Donabate) though is in timing the tides right. It's also a 20min drive or so.

Any boardsies know about a spot that might work for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

The only place I can think of is around the headland of Drumanagh between Loughshinny and Rush. Again, you'll have to look up the times of the tide, but they'd be the largest cliffs that I can think of for a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Thanks but I have a few good spots on the coast already.

I'm looking for somewhere away from the sea where I'd be less limited by the tides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Well with spring upon us at last I thought a bump TTT might be in order.;)

Advertisement