Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Mobile Game / App Recommendations

Options
  • 06-01-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Rather than having to look through threads on each phone I thought it might be useful to get one of these ones going, especially with how many people seem to have picked up the Lumia 800 recently. Here are my thoughts on some I have on my phone so far. Too lazy to include links sorry but easy to search on marketplace!

Apps
    Accuweather - good weather application.
    BBC New Mobile - self explanatory!
    Bus Nearby - excellent tool for finding nearest Dublin Bus Stop and next bus incl maps.
    ConnectivityShortcuts - this or similar is handy to put quick links on your homescreen.
    Domino's Pizza - quite impressed with how this works, although easier on a PC if you have one nearby!
    eBay
    Facebook - reasonably impressed with the Facebook ap but it's not excellent.
    Flashlight-X - there are loads of variations no doubt but I like this one.
    IMDb - useful resource although don't use it that often!
    LinkedIn - if you're on it.
    Lomogram - think it's like Instagram, but I've never used that. Interesting ap anyway!
    Metrotube - good youtube watcher.
    Photobeamer - think it's a Nokia-only ap and haven't actually used it yet but seems like a good gimmick!
    PianoPhone7 - handy for when the baby needs to be entertained!
    Sky Sports News - thought I'd use it but not into football enough. Seems packed with features.
    SkyDrive - I'm a complete SkyDrvie convert since moving to a Windows phone. What a great user-friendly, smooth experience!
    SkyMap Free - again haven't used but liked the look of it in Marketplace.
    Skype - works but annoyingly won't run in background!
    Whatsapp - essential on any platform!
    Wikipedia - might be as handy to just go on their site!
    YouTube Downloader - think I had to pay for this one but a handy tool!

Games to follow later....
    Taptitude, Wordament, Alphajax and Jewel3 are the main ones I use so far!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭g0g

Games: (have bolded my favourites right now!)

Alphajax - Scrabble with randomers, very addictive! Doesn't appear to have limited time per move though so I have heaps of started games where the other person hasn't accepted the game.
    Mirror's Edge - got this coz lots of people ranted about it. Costs money. Entertaining but I'm more into the puzzle games.
    Wordament - An essential download! Ongoing online word/boggle game with >1,000 players per 90-second round. Join or leave at any time.
    Taptitude - can't remember if I had to pay for it or not, but a brilliant download. Huge collection of simple games you unlock bit by bit depending on success in others.
    The Path of Kara - saw good reviews of this yesterday and only cost $ 0.99 so bought it. Big download (180MB I think) but a pretty good one of those matching games. Nice graphics although isn't very hard so far!
    Ragdoll Run - downloaded because of great reviews but haven't really played it yet.
    Jewel3 - another of my favourites. It's your standard "match 3+ gems in a row" game.
    Flow Free - not very hard at all but random pipe game where you join different colours in a square.
    AE Skee Ball - simple mindless game rolling balls up a ramp to try and score in different holes for points.
    AE 3D Motor - haven't gotten very far in this game but seems good. Racing a motorbike down the main road tilt to steer.
    Penguin - another simple game but kinda addictive. Send penguin flying through the air along long levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Creative studio is a good photo editing app, and amazon mobile is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

My recommendations:

Passwords - excellent password / pin / data management tool with Windows 7 / 8 apps to sync with. Also backs up to Skydrive.
    Mixtapes - free app to stream custom music mixes from 8tracks.com
    Baconit - because reddit
    Purple Cherry - GameBoy emulator with skydrive functions, pin games to start etc
    Wonder Reader - handles all my Google Reader feeds
    MediaHub - manage your sabnzdb, couchpotato and sickbeard servers
    Bookviser - free and excellent ebook reader with Skydrive support etc
    Forecast - my preferred Weather app
    Sonic CD - great version of this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

ilomilo | Fantastic cute and charming puzzle game.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Skulls of the Shogun | Fast paced, turn-based strategy game, really fun and with lots of funny dialogue. Cloud saves with lots of Windows devices, but I just use WP & Xbox.

"Commerical":

• Advertisement
Advertisement