Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye shadow pallet

• 06-01-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I need a new eye shadow pallet. Any suggestions? I have pale skin and brown hair. I want something I can wear every day and at night time. I like a natural look, a smokey eye look and red lip stick (obviously not all together!) and I want a pallet that will suit all looks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

I like the original Urban Decay Naked palette, nice subtle colours for daytime and smoky metallics for evening. It comes with a full size brush and long mirror inside the lid. Only downside is the velvet box attracts fluff & lint, and it doesn't click shut, just folds over.
    http://www.urbandecay.com/naked-palette-eyeshadow-by-urban-decay/245,default,pd.html

Urban Decay released a version 2 last year, with different colours and a tin box. I don't find those colours as flattering on my skintone though.
    http://www.urbandecay.com/Naked-2-Palette-by-Urban-Decay/282,default,pd.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Inglot Freedom Palettes are quite good :) I did a bit of research before building mine so I have a few MAC dupes in it :D

Great thing about them is you can have as many matte/shimmery colours as you like without having to own shades you'll never wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

I like Sleek palettes and I have found the MUA palettes to be fairly good for the price. You could buy a MUA one to try different colours and stuff before you splash out on a more expensive palette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

+1 for Urban Decay Naked (the original one). It's €40.50 in Debenhams, and that includes the brush and a free eyeshadow primer. It's a mix of matte and shimmer shadows and mainly warm colours. I have it in my handbag constantly (a massive handbag that's always full of loads of junk) and although the gold writing on the letters has flaked off a bit, the palette has never opened in my bag or been damaged in any way.

I am a complete makeup hoarder and have dozens of palettes, and even more single eyeshadows, and since I've started using the Naked palette I barely use anything else. I wear natural colours to work and going out I like to go fairly dramatic and the palette practically covers it all. The only things missing in it for me are a matte black and a matte skin-colour/cream shadow but I just throw those in my makeup bag and I'm sorted!

Advertisement