Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What killstreaks do you use?

• 06-01-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

I'm curious as to what people run here,be it in parties or solo.

I usually run UAV/CUAV/Blackbird with the odd dogs/swarm in there when against ****e players.

That's what I've mostly ran since unlocking it.Easy enough for getting regular 5-6k score games with the assists from all 3 together.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

UAV
    Counter UAV
    AGR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Haven't played the game much so haven't had much chance to try them out. Just been using UAV - that paper airplane thing - the 3 airstrike positions thing. The guardian sometimes when playing CTF

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iFergal

UAV - Seems to be a lot more effective than previous CoDs.
    Hunter Killer Drone - Easy kill.
    Lightening Strike/Hellstorm Missile.

Probably my lowest, but most used scorestreaks, like to use some more useful scorestreaks sometimes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

UAV
    Hellstorm
    Lightning Strike

Usually the hellstorm will get about 3 then I throw the lightning strike over the spawn to kill the same guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Hunter Killer Drone
    Lightening Strike
    Stealth Helicopter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Care package, guardian and sentry gun. Those two put together are great for kills, unless of course someone is using the blackhat, which is rare for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

lol paper airplane.

Uav
    Gaurdian
    Lightening strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

UAV,Guardian,Sentry if playing objectively

On TDM its usually UAV, Care Package, Lightning Strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Lightening Strike/Stealth Chopper/VTOL Warship.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Duff wrote: »
    Lightening Strike/Stealth Chopper/VTOL Warship.

You're only making use of the Lightning strike out of that lot, me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Switched to V-SAT, Lodestar and Swarm.

Doesn't really work though when you run 'n' gun with a shotgun :o

Back to Care package, guardian and sentry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

UAV, Hunter, CUAV or UAV, CP, Lightning Strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

You're only making use of the Lightning strike out of that lot, me thinks.

Not when playing objectively on Dom ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Either uav/package/counter uav or lightning strike/chopper/vtol. Depends on the lobby and gametype really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

zero19 wrote: »
    Care package, guardian and sentry gun. Those two put together are great for kills, unless of course someone is using the blackhat, which is rare for some reason.

Run EMP grenade on couple classes along with Engineer means once I see them on the map I change class they are easily taken out and handy xp for it too

And on topic, ususally run either UAV/CUAV/Sentry or UAV/Hunter Killer/Care package easily run throw them a few times in objective games if have half decent team

• Registered Users Posts: 20 davebushe

Playing a lot of Chaos Moshpit lately so will run Lightning Strike - > Stealth Chopper -> Lodestar. Hardline and EMP nades on objectives lets me cycle to the chopper usually a couple of times a match and occasionally get the Lodestar up. Mainly just trying to get the kills for the card before getting into K9 and Swarm.

In normal Hardcore, UAV -> HK -> CUAV or Care Package.

Is there different cards for more kills? I have the 50 kills with a VTOL one. VTOL on nuketown is hilarious, run ****ers run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

UAV
    Care Package (realistically it's the only way I am going to get a warship)
    Dragonfly (cause its great craic, love flying in confined places)

I might switch the dragonfly to a guardian if its a good domination lobby

• Registered Users Posts: 20 davebushe

krudler wrote: »
    Is there different cards for more kills? I have the 50 kills with a VTOL one. VTOL on nuketown is hilarious, run ****ers run.

I believe it's just 50 kills for the Lodestar/ VTOL and then 5 for Swarm/K9.

Yeah anything like that on Nuketown is just silly fun. Irritating as hell if you are on the other side of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Currently running UAV / CP / Lightning Strike, prior to that it was UAV / Hellstorm / Lightning Strike.

Whatever it works out I usually get the Hellstorm and Lightning strike at the same and spam their flag :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

At the moment it's UAV/Hunter Killer/Dragonfire because I didn't bother changing them after I prestiged last.

I'll probably go back to running UAV/Hellstorm or Lightning Strike/VSAT once I get the VSAT unlocked again.

Stupid that cuav isnt unlocked until level 30-odd

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

uav, cuav, vsat or uav, cuav, lightening strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

UAV
    Care Package (realistically it's the only way I am going to get a warship)

lol your not alone there, have got dogs and a couple of warships outta care packages and quite a few vsats

I never thought I'd get a warship but they're not impossible by any means, lightning strike/chopper/vtol is a great little setup, if you play Dom and head straight for B, get the point and a kill or two you're well on the way to the strike, use trophys or emp grenades and destroy equipment for the xp.
    Wait until a uav is up and bring the strike in, you'll hopefully get a few kills with it, play the objective for the chopper, call it in right over their spawn and it'll get you the vtol, seen choppers get 10-12 kills, keep your wits about you and, well lets be honest camp like a maniac and you'll get the vtol :pac:

worst thing is you cant have both up so if its in the later stages of a match you may not get to use it much, or you'll get the gamewinning kill and sho your mad scorestreak skillz :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

lightening strike
    sentry gun
    stealth chopper

total massacre if you play the objective and are a good player.

tonight i swapped lightening strike for the AGR(is that the robot that drives around yeah?) but yeah.. that raped also :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

UAV
    Hunter Killer
    Care Package

I mostly play in a party and I do all the running so i die a fair bit . Its mostly because I'm too impatient to camp .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

UAV, Care Package and Sentry Gun....Gotta say the Sentry Gun is very effective in this game

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    UAV, Care Package and Sentry Gun....Gotta say the Sentry Gun is very effective in this game

I love that you can control it, get it in the right place and you can mow people down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I never understand why people don't keep the killstreaks as low points-wise as you can since they stack. Give me these three any day. Take no time to use so you can get back to playing the game.

Mine is UAV, Hunter Killer, CUAV

UAV for the points it is has always been the best killstreak in the game. HK, almost garunteed a kill or two. CUAV, to obviously counter the great UAV killsrteak on others. Put this with Lightweight and Hardline and you will have these in no time over and over and over throughout the game. Great for points too.

UAV/CUAV/VSAT

Use first two at the same time for a bonanza of assist points and you're only a couple of kills away from the Blackbird (VSAT)

Since I've started running this set up I have no bother getting at least 1 VSAT per game

UAV/CUAV/VSAT

Use first two at the same time for a bonanza of assist points and you're only a couple of kills away from the Blackbird (VSAT)

Since I've started running this set up I have no bother getting at least 1 VSAT per game

I assume the UAV/CUAV assists points help a good bit towards the VSAT? I must try this out.

Currently changed to UAV/Hunter Killer/Lightning Strike with Hardline.
    Cap the first flag in Dom, kill an attacker, horse on the UAV, let your teammates to the rest, lob out the Hunter Killer and then let it rain.

UAV/CUAV/VSAT

use 2 emp grenades too, call in the uav and cuav, lob emps at B (there's always someone at B)= easy points.

I assume the UAV/CUAV assists points help a good bit towards the VSAT? I must try this out.

Yeah they help loads

I got a VSAT last night in a game and thought "Fookin hell i'm beasting here!"

I was going negative. Thank you uav/cuav assists :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

B Dom cap with 1 capture kill=UAV straight off the bat.

Yeah they help loads

I got a VSAT last night in a game and thought "Fookin hell i'm beasting here!"

I was going negative. Thank you uav/cuav assists :o

Haha I know that feeling. Do you get assists for the VSAT?

Haha I know that feeling. Do you get assists for the VSAT?

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That setup can get silly at times because of the stacking. I was playing kill confirmed on hijacked and I got 4 VSATS partly because the other team was muck but also because on a small map you can get into the enemy spawn very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

When I'm playing TDM (which is what I play 90% of the time), it's always UAV/Lightning Strike/VSAT.

I play Dom/CTF every now and again and I use UAV/VSAT/Dogs or Swarm.

• Advertisement

Wouldnt it be great if the voice over guy said instead of "K-9 unit in your Area" said.....

"RELEASE THE HOUNDS!"

• Site Banned Posts: 12 gamerguy89

i opt for the carepackage hellstorm and lighting strike

Wouldnt it be great if the voice over guy said instead of "K-9 unit in your Area" said.....

"RELEASE THE HOUNDS!"

Ooohhhhh... I always thought he was saying "K-9 unit in your A-hole"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ooohhhhh... I always thought he was saying "K-9 unit in your A-hole"
    In World At War it was Kiefer Sutherland screaming "BRING IN THE DOGS!!!". Haha it was great. TBH W@W had the best dialogue of any of the COD's though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

In World At War it was Kiefer Sutherland screaming "BRING IN THE DOGS!!!". Haha it was great. TBH W@W had the best dialogue of any of the COD's though.

OUR HOUNDS WILL TEAR THEM TO SHREDS!!

W@W & MW2 had the best announcers.

Advertisement