Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mansfield Town v Liverpool FC - the Romance of the Cup at 4 pm ESPN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

decies wrote: »
    Well done Suarez , bring on the Mancs!!!

Ugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

can't believe people are comparing henry to suarez :D they don't even come close for cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

RasTa wrote: »

Also are some Liverpool fans saying it wasn't a handball? lol

Also, does RasTa beat up schoolchildren and take their lunch money? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Leiva wrote: »
    I don't think the magnificent Messi was ever remembered for this one...

Ah good times. Made 25 euro from the next goalscorer on that one.

Plus, by bringing it up, aren't you remembering him for it? Irony huh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

noodler wrote: »
    ?

Kess said something, you disagreed with it, I agreed with it.

I am not turning into anything - chill out.

I am chilled mate. Im in super form:). sorry if it came across aggressive noodler was not meant to be like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

some gobbing going on by her... hopes she does well in her quest for the officials to "sort these things out"...

classy by the mansfield manager, everyone up in arms should listen to his points and get over it..

win today for the pool, nice.. nice couple of runs for sturridge.. would like to see him and Luis playing next week... a win next week would be nice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agreed, as it's normal to be forgotten in other countries.

However I still think that Barnes was wrong to see that Henry was not accused of cheating at the time.

So let's call this a draw!:)

Only if I get the draw through cheating. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh I've just sparked up a wake and bake. Had a quick look back some saying it wasn't his fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭celt262

I think the handball is diverting attention away from how poor liverpool were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Oh I've just sparked up a wake and bake. Had a quick look back some saying it wasn't his fault

someone is saying it's up to society as a whole to let it go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Put...the schoolchildrens' lunch money down...

Oldham next for Pool.

Whenever I think of Oldham this guy pops into head first thing.

$(KGrHqJHJCwE91G,siePBPoUqjoPqg~~60_35.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Oldham next for Pool.

Whenever I think of Oldham this guy pops into head first thing.

nick henry tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

^^^^^

Now there's a haircut you don't see anymore
    thank f*ck

Moving on from today,
    will Sturridge start next Sunday with Suarez and if so will he get the central role and Suarez out wide left I wonder, or will he be on the bench and Suarez up front as usual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Never mind the handball, the most ridiculous thing in this thread is the Liverpool fans at the match being criticized for chanting at the Mansfield fans.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Now there's a haircut you don't see anymore
    thank f*ck

Moving on from today,
    will Sturridge start next Sunday with Suarez and if so will he get the central role and Suarez out wide left I wonder, or will he be on the bench and Suarez up front as usual?

given his form it'd be mad to move Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

celt262 wrote: »
    I think the handball is diverting attention away from how poor liverpool were.

I think it is diverting away from that and also somehow diverting attention away from both the ref and linesman. The linesman in particular seemed to have had a very good view of it, yet did nothing.

Rodgers has just said in his post match interview that the fourth official told him just after it happened that it was a handball, so it was defo noticed by at least one official who could have contacted the ref or linesman.

Looking at the replays it does appear that it is more a case of ball to hand than hand to ball, but for me the fault lies at the feet of the officials for allowing the goal.

Against Everton Suarez had a perfectly good goal disallowed by a ref/linesman error, and against Mansfield he gets one that should have been disallowed. A case of you win some, you lose some for him and Liverpool supporters like myself, but it must be a very bitter pill for the Mansfield players and support to have to swallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Aye....plus he'll never score from the left with his hand.

MANSFIELD manager Paul Cox:
    "I would like to give Luis Suarez the benefit of the doubt and it was a reaction. Just because it's Suárez, a bigger deal is being made. 99 out of 100 players would do the same. Its FA cup football. If it went in at our end we'd take it. Just because it's Suarez and his reputation a bigger deal is being made"

• Advertisement

Agreed, but I think Rodgers alluded that Sturridge would be played through the middle and Suarez as a wing forward.
    In fairness, its not like Suarez plays like a centre forward anyhow, he roams all over the place, spends as much time making runs out wide as he does in the middle sector

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Aye....plus he'll never score from the left with his hand.

ive never seen him throw a ball so couldnt possibly comment... :P

monkey9 wrote: »
    Never mind the handball, the most ridiculous thing in this thread is the Liverpool fans at the match being criticized for chanting at the Mansfield fans.

Imagine chanting at opposition fans!

Somebody think of those children

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Agreed, but I think Rodgers alluded that Sturridge would be played through the middle and Suarez as a wing forward.
    In fairness, its not like Suarez plays like a centre forward anyhow, he roams all over the place, spends as much time making runs out wide as he does in the middle sector

i just think he would have greater freedom as the false 9. its just a risk moving him from a position where he is clearly taking teams apart. when you lineup against us next week id be delighted if suarez is moved out left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I can only imagine that all the Liverpool fans are being completely consistent with their views on Suarez as they were before with Henry.

fwiw I agree with the Mansfield manager and those saying that it is more the officials fault for not spotting something so obvious.

hmmm some of you have all of sudden changed your views on football chanting.
    Good to see. Keep it up.:)

*i'll save some posts for future reference all the same.

• Advertisement

i just think he would have greater freedom as the false 9. its just a risk moving him from a position where he is clearly taking teams apart. when you lineup against us next week id be delighted if suarez is moved out left

Ya, going up against Utd it would be a strange decision to move the only viable goal threat Liverpool have.

I think he could have an even greater impact in a false 9 role in the overall scheme of things, his goal tally might dip a bit but that kind of roving would make it even harder for defenders to follow him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Brad Jones made 14 saves today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

My God.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

I can only imagine that all the Liverpool fans are being completely consistent with their views on Suarez as they were before with Henry.

fwiw I agree with the Mansfield manager and those saying that it is more the officials fault for not spotting something so obvious.

Of course. Most Irish football fans were also pragmatic after the Henry goal too. **** happens...bad decisions happen. Henry tried something on the spur of the moment, got away with it, good luck to him.

It was the tabloid media and people who only dip in and out of football when something big is happening that caused the ridiculous frenzy about it.

Every footballer at every level has chanced his arm to con the referee at some stage. The ESPN commentator today was way out of order. The Mansfield manager was magnificent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Feel soory for Mansfield. Cheated out of it. Not surprised when i saw who did it tho.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    My God.

Why dont you just put me on ignore list.

Good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Feel soory for Mansfield. Cheated out of it. Not surprised when i saw who did it tho.

You should chill a bit. That sort of hate will eat you up dude. Eat....you....up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I found this and thought of you !

32810277.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

hey what's your problem with the ref man?

:confused:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :confused:

I know I get confused with some from time to time rarnes.

Its good to see you have changed tunes on chants though. One less thing to worry about.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The blind defence of Suarez by Pool fans in any situation where he does something dodgy is as bad as the hyperbole they whinge about from other fans.

No doubt some of those saying he did nothing wrong had a cry when Henry did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Its good to see you have changed tunes on chants though. One less thing to worry about.;)

Can you understand why some chants would be considered acceptable and others wouldn't? You can't actually be that stupid to believe that if you think one chant is acceptable than all chants are acceptable.

What was this bad chant you are on about??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The blind defence of Suarez by Pool fans in any situation where he does something dodgy is as bad as the hyperbole they whinge about from other fans.

You are missing the point. What a lot of people, like myself, are saying is that Suarez tried to get his hand out of the way. He swung his arm around his back suggesting to me that he tried to get it out of the way and then kicked out at the ball in what looked to me to be frustration, probably because he knew he hand balled it and expected a free out.

But you go ahead and change it to suit whatever your point is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Suarez and John Terry should join forces.

I see you're on a mission this evening!

Can you understand why some chants would be considered acceptable and others wouldn't? You can't actually be that stupid to believe that if you think one chant is acceptable than all chants are acceptable.

I never said that:(. Funny how people have been picking on my posts in here when I have been one of the few supporting Suarez.

Read back on what I said about Suarez if ye like

Plus I thought by the smilies that I was only having small bit of banter.:o

But hey if im easy target work away.

Xavi6 wrote: »

Mansfield manager said there was nothing wrong with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

budgemook wrote: »
    You are missing the point. What a lot of people, like myself, are saying is that Suarez tried to get his hand out of the way. He swung his arm around his back suggesting to me that he tried to get it out of the way and then kicked out at the ball in what looked to me to be frustration, probably because he knew he hand balled it and expected a free out.

But you go ahead and change it to suit whatever your point is.

He tried to get his hand out of the way then only scored because he believed he was going to be penalised?

When's his canonisation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

On the chanting I know a Mansfield suppporter on facebook and when this was brought up he said it was the Mansfield support chanting it to the pool fans. This was his comment, he was at the match I should add:
    "We were singing it to Liverpool!
    They were quiet the whole 90 minutes other than about 50 of them singing "Justice for the 96"
    When Ebbsfleet brought along 11 away fans they made more noise."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Terrez?

• Advertisement

Kew Tour, any word on this offensive chant?

Honest question

Advertisement