Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mansfield Town v Liverpool FC - the Romance of the Cup at 4 pm ESPN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

How is it any different to scoring from an offside position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shelvey looks out of his depth here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It really looked like he kicked ball into net in a kinda well thats not given ill turn around run back down the pitch now. It was the kick people give when called offside, a frustrating kick away,you can see it in his body language.

Then it was given and he can hardly turn around and say oi oi you cant give that, no striker in the world would, not for moral reasons but because it wouldn't make any difference

Looking at the reply you think that he kicked the ball in the net expecting it not to be given but the ref missed the hand ball and gave the goal not much he can do then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Chris Waddle is the only person I know of who still thinks Andy Carroll is world class :rolleyes: Every time he commentates on a game he plays in he's licking his balloon knot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No doubt they'll compare it to the '86 Hand of God Maradona goal. Dirty Cheat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lads, don't try to justify it. We know the goal should have been disallowed, leave it at that.

Just sit back and enjoy the sh!tstorm!! It's going to be epic!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shelvey! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

In fairness, I am far from a fan of Suarez, easily one of my least favourite players in the league, but the reaction of some people to what just happened, especially the espn commentators, is just crazy. "That is the work of a cheat" comment is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard watching a match. People also going mad about how he cheekily kisses his hand afterwards? That's what he does after every single goal he scores.

This isn't like the Henry incident, the ball was hit with plenty of pace at where his hand already was.

Awful awful officiating is what should really be bemoaned here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ah Shelvey, class move, keeper had it covered though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Leiva wrote: »
    Don't defend it.
    He knew what he was doing
    It happens
    Move on

This. Simple.

You are also playing Mansfield,I'd be more worried about how rubbish you look

• Advertisement

The hand of B-Rod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Ive a feeling Suarez is a marked man for dodgy tackles for the rest of the game

murpho999 wrote: »
    No doubt they'll compare it to the '86 Hand of God Maradona goal. Dirty Cheat!

Messi did it against Espanyol too but it's never mentioned anymore. This will be going on Suarez's list of misdemeanours for the media to bring up whenever they like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Melion wrote: »
    He didn't move his hand towards the ball. Good to see he still gets a good reaction from other teams fans :)

What he blatantly did? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Very talented player but easily one of the most detestable footballers of recent memory.

I really wonder if a club like Barcelona or Real Madrid wouldn't even consider signing him because of his behaviour, if so it serves him right to be stuck at a club like Liverpool.

RasTa wrote: »
    This. Simple.

Groan

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

you cant make a conscious decision to handle that in the second it took to come off the keeper from all of two yards away!! Haters can **** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    If only he had waited a week and doen it against United.

That would break the internet if that happens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Gru wrote: »
    yeah he did, he kissed his wrist immediately!

haha, I didn't notice that. Even better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Luis Suarez? CHEATING? Well I never!

He knows what he is.

• Advertisement

everyone phone in to nominate Suarez for MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Everybody should vote for suarez as man of the match :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That Shelvey lad is brutal. He really needs to move on to his new job sooner rather than later.

1357493452.2192.iPicit.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I really wonder if a club like Barcelona or Real Madrid wouldn't even consider signing him because of his behaviour
    Are you for serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

daRobot wrote: »

Isn't that how he always, or usually, celebrates?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Looking at the reply you think that he kicked the ball in the net expecting it not to be given but the ref missed the hand ball and gave the goal not much he can do then

It really does, its just the way he kicks it, there's no intent its just a 'oh well feck that, I handballed ill just wack this outa frustration'

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Pretty clear that was what happened to me, frustrated with himself and just lashed at the ball. Ref is meanwhile glancing at linesman, they both looked to have a good view of it, how did they miss it?

It was no Henchoz in the FA Cup.

Feel sorry for Mansfield though, wouldn't care at all if it was against some other teams. Still it will give them something to claim made all the difference...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

[Thierry Henrys Handball Hockey Pockey Part Deux staring the one and only Luis Suarez , storm in a tea cup but no doubt it will be all over the papers tomorrow , could of done his reputation a lot of good there if he had of said he had of put his hand up ( :D ) and told the ref he handled it, the way he finished it I think he was expecting it to be ruled out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He knows what he is.

Welsh?

• Advertisement

Gru wrote: »
    yeah he did, he kissed his wrist immediately!
    daRobot wrote: »

He kisses his wrist with every goal, you appear not have noticed that. He has a tattoo on it for his daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

RasTa wrote: »
    This. Simple.

Not too concerned tbh.

It's more like Mansfield against Boysfield out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Mansfield should get John Delaney and the Irish FA on board see if they can be the 33rd team in the fourth round.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Very talented player but easily one of the most detestable footballers of recent memory.

I really wonder if a club like Barcelona or Real Madrid wouldn't even consider signing him because of his behaviour, if so it serves him right to be stuck at a club like Liverpool.

You're right there, Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Name escapes me right now but Madrid bought a footballer from United a few years back who was as much of a 'cheat', so there is hope for him.

He kisses his wrist after every goal.

Has a tattoo of his daughters names there.

ESPN commentattors know better though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Was a handball but not intentional

Commentators sound like sulking kids.

Of course they wanted an upset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

He knows what he is.

YeH he does, one of the greatest footballers on the planet at the moment

That's the same Real Madrid whose manager likes to eye gouge, yeah? And as for Pepe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lets all calm down...Its not as if Mansfield were going get through anyway.

I know its not the point. Its Ref or Linesman call and they missed it.

Like I say Suarez doing what he has to do for team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

bazual wrote: »
    Mansfield should get John Delaney and the Irish FA on board see if they can be the 33rd team in the fourth round.................

Gimp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Wellllll, this is fun....

This is gonna be blown out of all proportion tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Not Brian Kettle ‏@briankettle
    Disgraceful from Suarez -- neither raising his flag nor blowing his whistle to penalise the handball.

Sums it up prefect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Did anyone else here someone playing the rocky theme tune on the trumpet there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He knows what he is.

Sheer class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

The ball came at him so quickly lucky he didn't brake his hand :D it could have killed him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Leiva wrote: »
    Don't defend it.
    He knew what he was doing
    It happens
    Move on

I will defend it.
    Maybe he did.
    It does indeed happen, in almost every game of football. The only difference here is that he had an open goal and the officials missed it.
    I will. It's just a disgrace for the commentator to label him that. It's unprofessional, and smacks of someone who hasn't kicked a ball in his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Good game so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

mike65 wrote: »
    He kisses his wrist with every goal, you appear not have noticed that. He has a tattoo on it for his daughter.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

cambo2008 wrote: »
    That Shelvey lad is brutal. He really needs to move on to his new job sooner rather than later.

1357493452.2192.iPicit.jpg

Hes had one good game against city back in augest and had a couple of decent games in the europa but other then that hes been awful and for some reason rodgers has some blind belief in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I know two fellow Liverpool fans have already posted it but:

He kisses his wrist EVERYTIME he scores.

It was intentional in so far as his hand seemed to move to the ball.

The officials should have spotted it.

The end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement