Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair infraction

Options
  • 06-01-2013 2:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi

I posted

Quote:All my anger is now taken up with this boards Niamh character who decides to delete random posts for her own amusement. Man Irish companies cant get the staff these days.:

This was in a UPC thread where users had been discussing UPC,s apparent inability to fix a technical issue.
    For this Boards.ie: Nicola issued me an infraction

In my opinion Boards Niamh did delete my posts wrongly as they were neither aggressive nor rule breaking.It annoyed m e as I felt the posts important. I expressed my annoyance with joke that while snide was no worse than any remark you will find in thread were someone disagrees with someone elses point of view.I could look through any thread and find much worse and at most a mod might say he/she wants less of the rude remarks.

I think this is just a boards staff member going too far to defend another and I respect the comradery but not at my expense
    I would like the infraction removed and I am curious why my posts were removed.

Note I did pm n Nicola as per the rules and after my third pm which warned of me having to report her for ignoring my question she replied. (each pm were days apart)

You posted:

Quote:
    All my anger is now taken up with this boards Niamh character who decides to delete random posts for her own amusement. Man Irish companies cant get the staff these days.

which I deemed to be questioning a moderator's actions on-thread, if you have a query with a moderator's actions we prefer you to discuss it via PM, rather than directing anger at them or dragging a topic even further off thread. This link may be of use.

I hope that clarifies the matter.

Regards,
    Nicola

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's not an infraction, it's a warning (yellow card). The post was off-topic, and further it was abusive to a named individual.

You got off lightly. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement