Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats commuter traffic like from M4 West out of london?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭

Im currently living in Windsor and i want to experience the London life and im checking out what areas of London are feasible for me.

I work in Slough and have a Motorbike so generally traffic isnt an issue but im curious what the Traffic from Chiswick and out the M4 is like between 8-9am Monday-Friday. Is it gridlock or does it actually move?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Im currently living in Windsor and i want to experience the London life and im checking out what areas of London are feasible for me.

I work in Slough and have a Motorbike so generally traffic isnt an issue but im curious what the Traffic from Chiswick and out the M4 is like between 8-9am Monday-Friday. Is it gridlock or does it actually move?

I have only ever commuted the other way (Maidenhead in to Stockley Park or Hammersmith), but it looks to be heavy, but moving up to about the Maidenhead junction, with a hold up around the Heathrow/M25 area. I've seen it seriously snarled up as well though. I'm sure you know what that whole Reading to Chiswick stretch is like, slightest incident and the whole place goes to ****. Should be easier on a bike though.

Don't forget the A/M40 to Beaconsfield is an option if you fancy somewhere like White City or even Marylebone.

Advertisement