Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water damaged Iphone

• 06-01-2013 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭

I want clean a water damaged iphone, i have all the tools and instructions. Can anyone confirm that the irevivespray is just simply non acetone nail polish remover?
    Has anyone tried it and how did you get on? What solution did you use? Or will i get some iropropyl alcohol? I think it can be got in a chemist.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I always remove the metal shields and soak in isopropanoyl 70%+ for at least a few hours and then a gentle scrub with a soft toothbrush. If the water damage happened more than a couple of days ago and it wasn't thoroughly dried out immediately chances are corrosion has already set in and it won't be fixable.
    Also water damage can also affect the LCD/digitizer, battery, dock connector so if you have them to hand after you've cleaned the logic board it's handy.
    I personally wouldn't use nail varnish remover, high purity Isopropyl is about the only thing that doesn't leave a residue behind.

Advertisement