Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price for copper scrap

Options
  • 06-01-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows how much scrap copper is worth and where is the the best place to sell it ? Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

bnear wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows how much scrap copper is worth and where is the the best place to sell it ? Thanks...

http://www.clearway-group.com/hammondlane/contact.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Thanks for that Judgemant Day

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

You're in Louth, Irish Metal Refineries in Duleek take any kind of scrap. They will tell you prices over the phone for that day, I wouldn't say there is much variation in prices/kg between places.

Thanks Soldering Iorn, I;ll give them a ring tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

ive a copper hot water type cylinder in the garage -is it worth anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

blingrhino wrote: »

Yup, its worth something so dont just chuck it - people are making a living from recycling copper (and not always copper that is for recycling)!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

blingrhino wrote: »

No, worth nothing. I can take it away for you ;)

They can fetch €60-100.

These posts make me out to be some kind of tinker! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Time to start regulating or policing this area a lot more.... it's getting a bit daft when pikeys are stealing motorway art, statues and ancient relics just for a few quid as scrap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

kormak wrote: »
    Time to start regulating or policing this area a lot more.... it's getting a bit daft when pikeys are stealing motorway art, statues and ancient relics just for a few quid as scrap!

It should have been regulated decades ago but it's unlikely to happen. As for 'pikeys' stealing motorway art...rock on.

PS There's a fine bit of stainless steel "The Singing Bird" aka "The Beak with the Leak" in Enniscorthy - please take any time. :D

Looks like cylinders are worth 25 to 30 euro........ that'll do nicely.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

bnear wrote: »
    Looks like cylinders are worth 25 to 30 euro........
    Scrap dealers will pay more to regulars. Always worth a bit of a haggle too. You will get better prices at the likes of Hammond Lane as that is where you local dealer is probably taking it anyway.

Scrap has gone up a lot in the last few years hence cables are being taken off poles at the roadside up the north now. I know of several vacant houses/factories that have had the rads, hot tanks, sinks, pipwork, stripped out. Heard a woman on the radio a few weeks ago saying her wheelchair ramp (metal) was stolen from outside her front door. I had over €60,000 worth of stainless steel products stolen from me a few years ago. Worth about €3000 scrap.

There is a huge amount of people in this country making quiet a lucrative living out of scrap. Unfortunately, much of it stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

House next door to ours recently gutted of a hot water tank and pipes great to see the damage done gives these guys so much money

Advertisement