Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Principal and DP holidays

• 06-01-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering in your schools, how much summer hols do each get?

On paper, it seems the P must be there for state exams and from 16th Aug onwards, DP in theory is supposed to get June off and be back 1 week before teachers. How does it fair in your schools?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Any school I have been in the principal usually takes July and returns just before the results are out, I have interviewed for positions into the first few days of July but no further.
    DPs vary every one I've met has been in until the exams are over in June but generally return a few days before the teachers anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Our principal tends to take three weeks at the end of July. She might do "only" 4 day weeks during early July and early August.

Our DP is always there until end of exams and comes back from LC results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Our principal and DP are there until the exams finish, I don't know if they are there for the last few days of June as I wouldn't be in myself, but I have seen the principal's car in the car park the week after the exams finish when I've been passing by before. He normally takes July for his holidays.

They are both always in on results day in August. Again I'm not normally around/ in the school before then so I don't know if they are in or not. I get the impression that they are in sorting out timetable etc before the results come out.

Advertisement