Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2013

• 06-01-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

So new year and a new thread.

Old thread located here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76551750

So far our squad looks like this:
    Bohs:
    Dean Delaney ( From Shels)
    Greg Murray

Owen Heary
    Derek Pender
    Luke Byrne
    Michael Barker
    Roberto Lopes
    Ciaran Nangle (UCD)

Keith Buckley
    Stephen Traynor
    Dave Mulcahy
    Karl Moore
    Kevin Devaney
    Ryan McEvoy
    Andy Mulligan
    Niall Forrester (Sacred Heart)
    Conor O'Brien (America. Son of Liam O'Brien)

Darragh Hanaphy (Newry)
    Chris Lyons (UCD)
    Dave Scully
    John O'Connor

Not confirmed by club:
    Shane Murray (Sheffield United)

I'd settle for (insert unreasonably high expectations here)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

New Year's resolution is to attend at least 5 home games this season. Expectations from this season? Not much...hopefully a good showing against the Shams. Decent cup run would be nice. Finances to be stabilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Due to work going to miss the first 2 home games in the league. Sligo Rovers will be my first home game of the season.

When does the Leinster Cup draw take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

2 months till the madness begins again... Can't wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What the story with Dalymount.

Do you own it anymore or does the bank own it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Do you wanna know something absolutely nuts but very LOI? We don't own the Tramway end i.e. the concrete terrace at the Phibsboro Shopping Centre (behind the goal). We were all due to sell up about 5 years ago but that put a major spanner in the works. Also, we owe our balls out to Zurich Bank but AFAIK it's still in our name.

With regards to this season, how are we gonna top a 4-0 against our bitter rivals, not to mention a beautiful and somewhat horny win in Tallafornia. I'd just like to see our boys gel well and mature a little more. I enjoyed young Barker last year and Dwayne Wilson. Don't say the latter listed in the squad, has he moved on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Happy to see us keep a decent chunk of last seasons squad. At this point the likes of Lopes, Buckley and McEvoy are senior squad members :p.

Our main 2 issues from last season were goalkeeper and scoring. Delaney should be an improvement regarding the former. Will have to see how the new Forwards play with the latter.

Big concern for me is centre back. With McMillan and Feely gone, we've lost 2 huge players from last season (some would argue our best 2). Heary and Lopes would probably be the 2 from the players listed to play cb, but Heary's fitness can't be relied on and Lopes isn't the best, without meaning to be harsh.

Expectations: To not get relegated.

Hopes: Cup run, beat Rovers.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Paul Somers is a new coach with Bohs, excellent with our A team coach before Mahon sacked him after the final match......on the sideline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Omackeral wrote: »
    I enjoyed young Barker last year and Dwayne Wilson. Don't say the latter listed in the squad, has he moved on?

Hopefully I thought he was awful couldn't cross couldn't score all pace nothing else I agree about barker looks a good player

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Hopefully I thought he was awful couldn't cross couldn't score all pace nothing else I agree about barker looks a good player

I used to think he was a bit raw myself until I saw him excel up in Drogheda, bossed the left flank all game. I think he probably does have a bit of the Theo Walcott factor about him but I think he steadily improved as the season progressed. Anyone know where he's gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

We have a deal with Zurich where they own some key parts of the ground and are happy to wait it out till a good deal comes along for the ground as that is their best chance of getting repaid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Paul Somers is a new coach with Bohs, excellent with our A team coach before Mahon sacked him after the final match......on the sideline!

Chief Scout apparently. I hope he's having a look at a few players. Keeping an eye on the PFAI squad for starters wouldn't be the worst and the LSL as well as Irish players released abroad. But I'm sure he doesn't need me to tell him how to do his job. But if we are to stay up you would think we would need a few more players. A striker, a centre back (maybe two) and a natural footballer, like Keith Ward, who plays deep to set up play but plays almost second striker when attacking. Maybe one of the new signings do that but it remains to be seen.

AC got stick last year for signing what must have been nearly 35 players but I'd rather that and naturally whittle down the squad when we see who's at the required level as opposed to signing 22/24 and having only 15/16 who are there technically. The amount of players we had last year was frustratingly large and don't want nearly that amount of players again but the point about the large squad remains.

I used to think he was a bit raw myself until I saw him excel up in Drogheda, bossed the left flank all game. I think he probably does have a bit of the Theo Walcott factor about him but I think he steadily improved as the season progressed. Anyone know where he's gone?

No idea. We could do a lot worse than him that's for sure. Very frustrating at time but I thought he had potential. In a passing team, a pacey player like Wilson could do very well. Players like Wilson, McMahon, Sexton, McNulty, Corcoran, Martin and Joyce have all been released. A large gap in the squad could be filled by a few of these players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Only Bohs I will see will be Bohemians 1905(Prague) well at least until the summer when I come home.

They wear Green and White don't they!??! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

They wear Green and White don't they!??! :eek:

Lol they do indeed. Its weird. Might bring a scarf back with me and confuse some of the Bohs fans with my green and white Bohs scarf.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Please do this...please:D

Ignore the dirty looks...

So John O'Connor hasn't re-signed. Leaves us a bit short up front although I don't think O'Connor is cut out for playing the lone striker role.

Pretty happy with the signing of Stephen Paisley. Not the best of players but his experience will be crucial and by now, surely he knows the league inside and out!

Still leaves us a bit short. One more defender or two, a winger and another striker and that should leave us with a squad!

2 pre-season games;

Longford on 15 & Athlone 22nd

The friendlies will be hosted at Dalymount Park on Friday February 15th and Friday February 22nd respectively.
    Both games will kick off at 7.30pm.
    Admission – Adults: €10, Students: €5.00. OAPs, children and members: free.

Fixtures 2013- http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=1822

Will we be able to purchase season tickets at the friendlies?

I'm sure they'll have 'em in the office!

Updated squad:
    Dean Delaney (From Shels)
    Greg Murray

Owen Heary
    Derek Pender
    Luke Byrne
    Michael Barker
    Roberto Lopes
    Ciaran Nangle (UCD)
    Stephen Paisley (Shels)*
    Dara Reynor (Mons)*

Keith Buckley
    Stephen Traynor
    Dave Mulcahy
    Karl Moore
    Kevin Devaney
    Ryan McEvoy
    Andy Mulligan
    Niall Forrester (Sacred Heart)
    Conor O'Brien (America. Son of Liam O'Brien)
    Shane Murray

Darragh Hanaphy (Newry)
    Chris Lyons (UCD)
    Dave Scully

Some lad called Fitzgerald may have signed as well. 23 players, I think confirmed so far is pretty decent. I still think we're a bit short up front, in the centre of defence and on the wings. I still expect us to sign another few bringing the squad up to around 28 and then whittle it down in July as we did last year.

• Advertisement

Devaney is a striker, and a decent one at that! Dunno why Dinny hasn't re-signed! Afaik he's on the verge of signing for UCD.

It's overall a decent squad. We'll be battling it out with Bray, UCD and Shels to stay up I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So the game V Longford has moved from a 7:45pm kick off in Dalymount on Friday to an 11am Saturday morning kick off over in Blanch. Poxy to say the least. Their reasoning according the Facebook page is to preserve the pitch after heavy rainfall.

I'm assuming the LSC game V UCD on Monday is still being played at Dalymount?

That_Guy wrote: »

I'm assuming the LSC game V UCD on Monday is still being played at Dalymount?

Someone on the forum said it could be moved, hopefully not though.

Someone on the forum said it could be moved, hopefully not though.

Bit annoying. Have been looking forward to Friday for a few weeks now.

From the official Bohs Facebook page:
    Bohemians’ Leinster Senior Cup tie with UCD, originally due to be played at Dalymount Park on Monday February 18th, has been postponed until further notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

Pity, I'll probably miss a lot of games again this season but I was doing nothing Monday and was gonna pop down to see how we looked..

- bo - wrote: »
    Pity, I'll probably miss a lot of games again this season but I was doing nothing Monday and was gonna pop down to see how we looked..

It's pretty annoying. Had been looking forward to it for ages. Supposedly the pitch is an absolute tatters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Are Bohs getting a new jersey this season?

Game V Athlone this Friday is now cancelled. What a joke of a pre season this is. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Game V Athlone this Friday is now cancelled. What a joke of a pre season this is. :rolleyes:

Will probably be played in Blanch like the other games. Worrying that the pitch is in such a state that it can't handle 2 pre season games though.

Will probably be played in Blanch like the other games. Worrying that the pitch is in such a state that it can't handle 2 pre season games though.

I know the U-19's had a few games on it in the close season but it surely couldn't be that bad. It's pretty bad form all the same. Hopefully it's ready for March 8th.

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Are Bohs getting a new jersey this season?

The jersey itself I'd say will be the same, whether it will still have DHL on the front I'm not sure. And we've been wearing the yellow away kit for the past 2 pre-season games so maybe we're keeping that one this season too.

What did ya's all think of the blue away jersey we were rocking about 6 years ago? Looked like a Dublin jersey. Really different for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

nah were playing them instead in athlone.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    nah were playing them instead in athlone.
    Bohemians’ friendly with Athlone Town, originally set for this Friday at Dalymount Park, will now take place tomorrow (Wendesday) at IT Blanchardstown with a 6pm kick-off.

From the club facebook

• Advertisement

UCD on Sunday in the LSC at 1pm

Bought a student season ticket online because don't think I'll get up to Dalymount before the new season at this rate. I assume I'll be asked to present a student card at some point?

I wasn't asked for Id when I became I student member 2 years ago

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    UCD on Sunday in the LSC at 1pm

Could yet be moved to Blanchardstown. Depends on the pitch I guess. Have they been charging people for viewing friendlies in Blanch does anyone know?

Was reading thebohs.com forum and Chris Brien has stepped down as club president. Lives out my way and have often had a chat with him on the bus after home games. Really nice chap by all accounts.

I've only started going to Bohs games for one and a half years at this stage but he seems to be held in very high regard by the club and fans.

• Advertisement

Confirmed by the clubs Facebook page that the LSC game V UCD is on in Dalymount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Lost 2-1 today decent performance Scully played centre half and looked good alongside Paisley,Scully scored our goal with a header from a free both their goals were soft young Murray in goal gifted the ball to Their striker and a own goal from a free,overall we played decent but Dwayne Wilson should never play up front missed two great chances.

Very short notice but a friendly against Mervue has been scheduled for tonight in Dalymount. 7:45pm kick off.

I don't suppose season tickets cover these friendly games by chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Depends on club. Bray playing Waterford tonight and season ticket works.

Very short notice but a friendly against Mervue has been scheduled for tonight in Dalymount. 7:45pm kick off.

I don't suppose season tickets cover these friendly games by chance?

They did 2 seasons ago! So I'd say so

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    They did 2 seasons ago! So I'd say so

Just got off the phone with the club reception. Season tickets are being accepted tonight.

Good result for us last night. Pitch looks bloody horrible though.

First half they completely dominated Mervue. Closing down and work rate was top notch.

Got a bit complacent in the second half but a resounding win and another pre season victory. Good to get into winning habits early on.

525197_10151356214144531_2045459883_n.jpg

New sponsors and new away shirt which is a beaut..

Love that away jersey. Rather liked last season's away jersey too actually.

Also, does that picture qualify for the full kit wanker thread? ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement