Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Love the strips, both of them. Never too fond of the yellow one. Looked like a keepers jersey.

So that's us, Shels and Sligo with Volkswagen? Ze Germans are taking over.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ze Germans are taking over.

League might actually improve so :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

What are your hopes for this season SN?

More of the same from last season really. I'm conscious we lost 2 huge performers in Feely and McMillan, while teams around us have improved, so I think another mid table finish would be great. Callaghan has a challenge on his hands, but I was impressed with him last season and hope he can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

One day till rovers :)

Tickets can be bought on the day for anyone interested...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Decent draw against Rovers. I think a win was there for the taking though. The pitch was shocking, with a few games until the next game at home and with the U19s game moved to ITB I'd hope for some improvement but it probably won't be seen until May or so.

Luke Byrne has been magnificent so far. Destined for bigger things. Roberto Lopes looks a totally different footballer at centre back. He was a machine against Rovers. Won every tackle, blocked every shot and used his strength very well. Traynor had a super game too. He dropped deep to collect the ball and his distribution was very good. He looked eager to get on the ball too which is great to see.

We've 4 points from 3 games. No idea if we can keep up this ratio but 44 points would be a great finish to the season. Looking forward to seeing some of the other players in the squad. Will Santiago be as big a let down as Barretto last year? Barker, Murray (the pitch did not suit him against Rovers at all), Devaney, Lyons, Hanaphy, Paisley and Mulligan should get more game time this year.

For Pat's I'd go for something like this

Delaney
    Pender----Heary----Lopes----Byrne
    Traynor----McEvoy
    Buckley
    Moore
    Hanaphy----Scully

Difficult to pick our strongest 11 with so many players but I suppose that's a good problem to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

- bo - wrote: »
    525197_10151356214144531_2045459883_n.jpg

New sponsors and new away shirt which is a beaut..

I'm no bohs fan but you're right, that away strip is lovely. Echoes of the German national team?

What's the official KO time for Saturday's against Syringeycore Athletic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

5pm. Hope the rain isnt too bad.

• Advertisement

BOHtox wrote: »

For Pat's I'd go for something like this

Delaney
    Pender----Heary----Lopes----Byrne
    Traynor----McEvoy
    Buckley
    Moore
    Hanaphy----Scully
    Scully should not be playing. Contributes nothing and is liable to get sent off.

Scully should not be playing. Contributes nothing and is liable to get sent off.

Who else is there for a game against Pats?

Scully will put himself about, win frees and hold the ball up. He's the last on the team sheet no doubt. But who's better? Wilson? That guy was throwing shapes after a rovers player fell on the ground and no one was near him. He's terrible! I don't think he did one thing against Rovers. Lyons is injured, Mulcahy has work commitments. The pitch might suit Murray a bit better in Inchicore. I doubt Devanney will go from nowhere near the team sheet to starter against Pat's.

I'd play nearly anyone instead of him. Murray would definitely be an improvement, would take Wilson ahead of him too. For every good he contributes he has 3 or 4 terrible touches or late tackles. He's completely out of his depth at this level. So many of our attacks against Rovers stopped with him. Should be dropped for his dive alone tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We've fúck all options with Lyons out for a while so Scully will (unfortunately) need to do. *shudder*

Hopefully Aaron has had a word about that dive on Monday. Himself and Lyons need to stamp that shít out of his game. Some shocking dives from both in the opening three games of the season.

EDIT: What's the story with Mulcahy? We're really missing him in midfield.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I don't think starting Devaney would be crazy, he had an okay game in the season opener.

I don't think starting Devaney would be crazy, he had an okay game in the season opener.

Think he's sick or something? Could be wrong, would have him playing if he's fit.

• Advertisement

International membership now available- http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=2947

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I would get the last 40 out if your heading on saturday.
    3 Day Outlook
    Friday night will be bitterly cold and windy over Ulster and North Leinster with spells of rain, sleet and snow (the sleet and snow will be mainly over Ulster with temperatures here close to freezing and a strong East to Southeast wind. Over the rest of the country it will be a mainly dry night with a fresh East to Southeast wind restricting frost to sheltered areas.
    On Saturday there will be little change; it will stay bitterly cold over Ulster and northeast Leinster with further spells of sleet and snow as temperatures stay in the low single figures in a blustery East to Southeast wind. South Leinster and South Munster may also see a little rain but the rest of the country should be dry with perhaps a few brighter spells and temperatures between 6 and 9 degrees, mildest over Kerry in a brisk Easterly wind.
    Sunday looks like a pretty cold day countrywide though it'll become dry in most places. In the brisk East to Southeast wind temperatures will be well below normal with highest values of 4 to 7 degrees, coldest in the East.
    Little change for Monday and Tuesday next; cold Easterly winds persisting. A lot of dry weather with just a few wintry showers in the East. Some bright or sunny spells are expected and staying bitterly cold with sub-zero night-time temperatures.

Was just thinking the same myself. Don't fuck it up this time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bohs V Derry is another live fixture on 5th April. 7:05pm kick off.

It's nice getting exposure on TV and for Bohs fans abroad but 7:05 is a poxy time for a kick off. 40 mins less to get to the game.

Looking fairly likely that tomorrow's game won't go ahead. Probably a good thing to give Lyons some more time to recover.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Has there been any training on it since the season started?

dfx- wrote: »
    Has there been any training on it since the season started?

I don't think so. There might have been some training up to late Feb - Early March but all training is in ITB AFAIK. Even u19s games are moved out there to help the pitch repair. AC was not happy with some of the games played on it pre-season such as the fan's match. There's even talks on the forum of stopping the kids playing on it at half time to stop the deterioration :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Was just thinking the same myself. Don't fuck it up this time ;)

pitch inspection at 10am not a ****ing hope that game is going ahead.

I don't think so. There might have been some training up to late Feb - Early March but all training is in ITB AFAIK. Even u19s games are moved out there to help the pitch repair. AC was not happy with some of the games played on it pre-season such as the fan's match. There's even talks on the forum of stopping the kids playing on it at half time to stop the deterioration :eek:

I'd like to apologise for my misplaced apostrophe. Of course it should read, "fans'". I will diligently proof-read before posting from now on.

So what's the chances of this going ahead tonight in Richer? I'm in work til late but can take a few hours off if needs be through a swap. Should I bother?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Omackeral wrote: »
    So what's the chances of this going ahead tonight in Richer? I'm in work til late but can take a few hours off if needs be through a swap. Should I bother?!

its off according to both clubs on twitter

Lyons is more than likely out.

Hope the pitch isn't shíte but never gonna happen.

Interesting to see if some players who haven't played much like Paisley, Barker and Hanaphy. I really want to see Hanaphy get a good run.

Are we playing shels on Monday?

Lyons is more than likely out.

Hope the pitch isn't shíte but never gonna happen.

Interesting to see if some players who haven't played much like Paisley, Barker and Hanaphy. I really want to see Hanaphy get a good run.

Are we playing shels on Monday?

Yep 7 pm

We're definitely lacking up front again this season. Lyons is an improvement on Corcoran for sure but other than that we're lacking some quality. Devaney has looked average, with Hanaphy and Scully almost nothing. Jayo Byrne's current exploits at Bray make me quite envious.

Agreed, we're playing decent football, but it's useless if we can't stick the ball in the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Agreed, we're playing decent football, but it's useless if we can't stick the ball in the net.

Fantastic little tri angles going on a times and nice runs but totally clueless in front of goal.

The juggernaut of Sligo just held their line and attacked when needed. Clinical.

Worrying thing was though it never looked like we were going to score. I'd take 4 points now from next 2 games. (Shels and Derry)

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    I'd take 4 points now from next 2 games. (Shels and Derry)

I'd bite your hand off for it. A win in Tolka would be a very big result for us.

Reminder kick off is 7pm tomorrow! :)

I'd take Dinny back any day of the week.

I'd like to see Hanaphy given some more game time. He looks fast and sharp! Didn't he get 20 goals in the NI first division a few years ago? Regardless of the standard, knowing where the goal is is a talent.

Still think there's an improvement to come in the team. Players coming back in, we'll only get stronger and when the pitch improves I've no doubt our home games will be key!

BTW, Traynor has turned in to a man this year! He was cat píss at times over the last few years but he is passing it well, making tackles and getting stuck in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Hanaphy doesn't look great he got a five yard start against the ucd defence and they caught him up and then he fell over sooner Lyons gets fit the better.

BTW, Traynor has turned in to a man this year! He was cat píss at times over the last few years but he is passing it well, making tackles and getting stuck in!

I agree on his point. He's been the biggest surprise for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

I'd bite your hand off for it. A win in Tolka would be a very big result for us.

Do you think so? I reckon they will be battling relegation along with UCD. We need to be going into games like this with winning being the only option.

3 points at Tolka and a draw against Derry has to be a major focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Do you think so? I reckon they will be battling relegation along with UCD.

And what will Bohs be? In the Euro fight?

Do you think so? I reckon they will be battling relegation along with UCD. We need to be going into games like this with winning being the only option.

3 points at Tolka and a draw against Derry has to be a major focus.

That's true but we have to remember Shels have a fairly experienced side when it's compared to ours.

Win tomorrow and we should push on, lose and a bit of panic could set in amongst the lads although having the likes of Heary, Mulcahy etc should help quell any nerves.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    And what will Bohs be? In the Euro fight?

We've the potential to be pushing for 5th ( Setanta Cup). Certainly we should be aiming to do better than your team of many journeymen ;)

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    We've the potential to be pushing for 5th ( Setanta Cup). Certainly we should be aiming to do better than your team of many journeymen ;)

Where are you getting these delusions from? Which of Shamrock Rovers/Sligo/Pats/Drogheda/Derry are you planning to finish ahead of? Not to mention the fact that Cork, Dundalk and Limerick all also look much stronger than your lot.

I have no faith in us at the moment and wouldn't back us for the win against anyone, but it's testament to which group of teams you're actually going to be battling with, that we are favourites for this game.

Where are you getting these delusions from? Which of Shamrock Rovers/Sligo/Pats/Drogheda/Derry are you planning to finish ahead of? Not to mention the fact that Cork, Dundalk and Limerick all also look much stronger than your lot.

I have no faith in us at the moment and wouldn't back us for the win against anyone, but it's testament to which group of teams you're actually going to be battling with, that we are favourites for this game.

Favourites? The bookies must be on crack! I dunno, I said we have the potential to finish 5th. Rovers are hardly setting the world on fire and Drogheda aren't up to much.

Just because my club is looking to the future rather than now doesn't mean we can't accomplish something this season! :)

Favourites? The bookies must be on crack! I dunno, I said we have the potential to finish 5th. Rovers are hardly setting the world on fire and Drogheda aren't up to much.

Just because my club is looking to the future rather than now doesn't mean we can't accomplish something this season! :)
    Bohs looking to the future rather than now? Not just a case of having spunked away all the money they could spend on the now, so young players are all that can be afforded.

Bohs looking to the future rather than now? Not just a case of having spunked away all the money they could spend on the now, so young players are all that can be afforded.

Well youse "spunked" away all your money but still aren't fielding a team of youngster?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Loads going on behind the scenes point towards building to the future rather than spend everything we can afford on the 1st team. Moving away from DDSL, u15s and 17s currently on a full time training for 2 weeks camp. Positive staff hiring for underage teams. That's before even looking at the type of players we have actively being recruiting for the 1st team.

• Advertisement

Well youse "spunked" away all your money but still aren't fielding a team of youngster?!

Eh our team is really young. And your underage setup isn't upto much so I wouldn't go boasting too much about that.

Eh our team is really young. And your underage setup isn't upto much so I wouldn't go boasting too much about that.

Garland, Cronin, Hughes, Ryan, Bayly, Flynn, Crowley, Shorthall, Leech, Hurley, Brennan, Kelly are all hardly young

Garland, Cronin, Hughes, Ryan, Bayly, Flynn, Crowley, Shorthall, Leech, Hurley, Brennan, Kelly are all hardly young

Burdon, Hanley, Memery, Cornwall, Prizeman, Sheerin, Hanlon, Mooney, McCabe, Tinnelly and O'Connor are though

Delany, Heary, Pender, Mulcahy, Scully, Paisley, Hanaphy, Fitzgerald, Wilson means we probably have a similar enough youth/experience balance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The changes and ethos being shown by Heary and Callaghan are impressive.

Jaysis that was cold

Wasn't a great game, we didn't play particularly well but after the good performances vs Cork and Sligo where we got nothing we deserved this!

Delany was very, very ropey at times, he didn't communicate with the back 4 at all and Luke Byrne was right to have a go at him near the end of the first half.

Thought Scully did ok, it was him who got Ryan sent off after he pushed the ball round him. Byrne had another good game aswell as Nangle and Mulcahy
    :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement