Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor handling continues...

Options
  • 06-01-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Just noticed that the thread about that which must not be mentioned was locked at 07:52 today because it had gone quiet for a few hours! At 07;52 what would one expect? To add to the sense of a ham fisted attempt to "manage" the situation we get the comment about "pending" the Sunday papers with the implication, probably unrealised (I'm trying to be charitable), that they will now determine what appears on boards.ie. It is truly extraordinary to see the chaos that has flowed from that which must not be mentioned.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

If every tread was locked after two hours of no new posts, boards.ie wouldnt last long!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

In fairness, what more could be said in that thread that hadn't already been said?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

In fairness, what more could be said in that thread that hadn't already been said?
    We will never know the answer to that.:cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Christ almighty, this is headwrecking. The thread was going nowhere for several hours. It had turned into nothing but After Hours style pub-gossip chatter. It was no longer Feedback. People had their say on both sides and that should be the end of it. Do we need another 40+ pages to deal with it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Sully wrote: »
    Christ almighty, this is headwrecking. The thread was going nowhere for several hours. It had turned into nothing but After Hours style pub-gossip chatter. It was no longer Feedback. People had their say on both sides and that should be the end of it. Do we need another 40+ pages to deal with it again?

I haven't read the whole thread but still feel that we deserve an answer as to why we cannot discuss the matters openly on boards.

Freedom of speech isn't so easy to come by on boards as of recent.

Apologies if a satisfactory reason was already given as to the reason we cannot discuss is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Absolutezero

What we need is the realisation that what the mods do about the thing is an issue in itself. If it was going nowhere, let it wither. And give more care to the implications of what mods post. As I said in OP, its just a continuation of poor handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

People had their say on both sides and that should be the end of it. Do we need another 40+ pages to deal with it again?
    No we don't, closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement