Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oakley Scalpel sunglasses £56 (€69 approx)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

was gonna get these and use parcel motel but it says royal mail 1st class recorded as delivery, will that not cause problems if using parcel motel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Parcel Motel will sign for goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

You will be the coolest lad in clogherhead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I got them for £51.99 with Royal Mail delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Same pair €139 from Oakley store...

http://ie.oakley.com/products/6442/23775

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Ethan Edwards

Great bargain OP less then half the original price. Cant wait for them to arrive. Thanks for posting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

now gone up to 82 pound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

gustafo wrote: »
    now gone up to 82 pound

Did you even read the OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

As per the OP, apply the discount code XM55!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Maybe a silly question, are these more fashion glasses than sports glasses?

I need sports glasses, will the discount code work on other types of glasses on this same site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Many thanks OP.

I have been wanting a pair of these for a while and I have just bought them!

Did you even read the OP?

oh **** what a dope i am..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Great deal thanks, have a pair already but couldn't resist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thanks OP. have a couple of pairs of Oakleys already so couldnt resist these. Havent tried them on before but for the price I`m willing to take a chance.

First time using Parcel Motel too!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Another fantastic deal I just bought that I dont need lol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Maybe a silly question, are these more fashion glasses than sports glasses?

I need sports glasses, will the discount code work on other types of glasses on this same site?

Tried it on some and getting
    Discount Code Applied
    The discount code is valid but is not applicable to any items in the basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Just ordered a Pair, Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I got them for £51.99 with Royal Mail delivery.

If you order a pair or wrist sweatbands (£2), then you get free delivery as over £50, so total delivery to N. Ireland (then use parcel Motel) is £51 ;)

The wrist bands are "free", so doesn;t matter if you never use them :)

Or better again, get a retainer to prevent them falling off and breaking if sing them for sport, large retainer only costing, £7, so total would be £56

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Guys these Glasses are only ok and there fairly chunky I got a pair as a present, I wouldn't consider them worth the asking price.
    If you want a very good pair of oakleys, their fast jacket ones with the interchangeable lenes are great, the blue irridium lenes are some of the best lenes you'l look through. Great for driving, cycling, motorbiking etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are these good for general everyday use?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Are these good for general everyday use?

the lenses are pretty dark, it would want to be a sunny day, have a look at see can you get some fast jacket oakleys some where.

If these are genuine, and they look like they are they'd be a way better purchase, the seem to cheap though, they won't last long at that price http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Oakley-FAST-JACKET-Sunglasses-Polished-Black-Black-Iridium-NEW-/251208238038?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item3a7d2d83d6#ht_1408wt_1245

actually there a complete bargain buy those ebay ones.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

the lenses are pretty dark, it would want to be a sunny day, have a look at see can you get some fast jacket oakleys some where.

If these are genuine, and they look like they are they'd be a way better purchase, the seem to cheap though, they won't last long at that price http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Oakley-FAST-JACKET-Sunglasses-Polished-Black-Black-Iridium-NEW-/251208238038?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item3a7d2d83d6#ht_1408wt_1245

I'd not be worried about the lenses being dark, he only puts on sunglasses in very bright sunshine, I'd use them at least twice as much as he would.

Think I'll go with the original pair as they are a gift and he likes very dark lenses.

Thank you!

I'd not be worried about the lenses being dark, he only puts on sunglasses in very bright sunshine, I'd use them at least twice as much as he would.

Think I'll go with the original pair as they are a gift and he likes very dark lenses.

Thank you!

Don't want to call you crazy but you can't compare a pair of fast jackets to the Scalpel , go in somewhere and try them on and you'll see what I mean. You can get dark lenses for the fast jackets if you want but the HD lenses make the world a lot nicer place.

Don't want to call you crazy but you can't compare a pair of fast jackets to the Scalpel , go in somewhere and try them on and you'll see what I mean. You can get dark lenses for the fast jackets if you want but the HD lenses make the world a lot nicer place.

Ok thanks :) Will do

Ok thanks :) Will do

Don't fall over when you see the price in Irish shops:) Your probably looking at about €250/€290 for the glasses, and €120 for an extra pair of polarized lenses (try on a pair with polarized lenses). :)
    If your near Jervis I think there's a sunglasses hut there.

Don't fall over when you see the price in Irish shops:) Your probably looking at about €250/€290 for the glasses, and €120 for an extra pair of polarized lenses (try on a pair with polarized lenses). :)
    If your near Jervis I think there's a sunglasses hut there.

I have fallen over in the past in Kildare Village looking at Oakleys.

I took your advice and ordered those ones on the ebay site after doing a small search. I've always wanted a pair, but I take a childs size in glasses as I've a small face.

This will make a lovely gift for the OH, it's a big birthday for him this year, so I'm planning lots of lovely gifts and this is one of them.

Thank you again for your advice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have seen very similar deal popping up on grabone and dealpages every couple of months. Its always the non polarized ones that are on offer never the high spec ones.

I have fallen over in the past in Kildare Village looking at Oakleys.

I took your advice and ordered those ones on the ebay site after doing a small search. I've always wanted a pair, but I take a childs size in glasses as I've a small face.

This will make a lovely gift for the OH, it's a big birthday for him this year, so I'm planning lots of lovely gifts and this is one of them.

Thank you again for your advice :)

You've got an absolute bargain there with them, they even have black polarized lenses, that's an excellent present.
    I had a look at the serial number at the side in the picture and there the exact same as mine just a different color frame. That's bargain of the week I think, well done;)

p.s they should fit you, they hug your head well.

You've got an absolute bargain there with them, they even have black polarized lenses, that's an excellent present.
    I had a look at the serial number at the side in the picture and there the exact same as mine just a different color frame. That's bargain of the week I think, well done;)

p.s they should fit you, they hug your head well.

Ah I'm buying in advance for the OH's 50th, so this is the first in a long line of gifts.

I'll try them out though.

They only come with one set of lenses according to the seller, but hey at that discount you shouldn't be too fussy, and he seems really genuine.

• Advertisement

All he needs now is a nice tropical beach to wear them on:D

if you see another deal like that let me know, they look like my kind of shades.

cheers.

I'd say you haven't a hope of finding another pair at that price, Stheno got lucky, I happened to be searching for some new lenses for mine at the time and spotted those.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭jmdsk

Discount Code Error
    The discount code XM55 has expired, and has not been applied to your shopping basket.

Typical of my timing

Just got an email confirming they have been dispatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,165 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If anyone has any further discount codes for that site.. please let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

WILTS10 - 10% of any item (no idea when it expires).

M

Spotted again on HUKD today Oakley Bottlecap £62.79 (€78 approx) (with code WILTS10) RRP of £135 apparenty :rolleyes:
    http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/sunglasses-c76/oakley-bottlecap-polished-black-with-polarized-black-iridium-lens-12-854-p432

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Winnieacre

Discount code XM55 working fine for those glasses!

Just got glasses and tshirt for £59, delivery to Parcel Motel Antrim:)
    Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Out of stock, dammit!!

blastman wrote: »
    Out of stock, dammit!!

Scalpels are still showing as in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jimbojetdriver

Yep still in stock, cheers op picked up a nice t-shirt too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,165 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

cassette50 wrote: »
    WILTS10 - 10% of any item (no idea when it expires).

(types in WILT90 in the hope that it gives 90% off)

;)

Got a notification from parcel motel tonight that my glasses are ready for collection.

Jesus that was quick. Gonna pick them up on the way in to work in the morning. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

adox wrote: »
    Scalpels are still showing as in stock.

I meant the Bottlecaps posted two posts above mine...

Btw, saw the fast jackets mentioned on this thread earlier. I see Amazon have them for £126 which seems as good as there is out there at the moment(bar the odd ebay listing).

It is through a third party on Amazon and its only delivery to the UK so you would need to use Parcel Motel.

Scalpel's came in the post today and they are great. Thanks again for post thing OP!

Scalpel's came in the post today and they are great. Thanks again for post thing OP!

They are quite a large frame I think. Will take a bit of getting used to.

adox wrote: »
    They are quite a large frame I think. Will take a bit of getting used to.

Yeah the frame isn't quiet what I was expecting but after trying them on a couple of times I really started to like them. Now I just need the summer to hurry up and get here.

M

Mine arrived this morning, happy with them, nice fit for my relatively big head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I wanted the bottlecap Oakleys but out of stock.
    Emailed them yesterday asking about stock and told me to he would mail me if stock came in.
    Got email this morning to say he had a pair.
    Rang them and ordered using parcel motel address and also accepted the 10% code.
    Worked out at £55.80 delivered

• Advertisement
Advertisement