Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA Credit Card

Options
  • 06-01-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks, is there a way to apply for an MBNA credit card online? I cant seem to find it on the site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think they've stopped taking new applications for a while now, since Bank of America decided to sell them.

When the sale to the new owners goes through, I guess we will see if they start issuing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I think they've stopped taking new applications for a while now, since Bank of America decided to sell them.

When the sale to the new owners goes through, I guess we will see if they start issuing again.

Thatd explain it! Now back to the drawing board again to see who has the best card!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

I actually got a letter from MBNA couple of days ago explaining about new owners etc, it said my card was valid until expiry date, next July, and then went on to say a new card would be issued at that time assuming I still met their criteria or words to that effect. Does that mean they are going to re-underwrite all their existing customers? This could be a serious problem for a lot of people, myself included, whose circumstances have changed substantially since card was taken out despite having no o/s amount or payment problems.

I can't remember the text exactly as I'm sure I got a similar letter a while back, but while it's possible I'd imagine it's more a generic covering asses catch all (i.e. "I owe you 16000 euro and haven't paid you in a year, but you promised me a new card in your letter dated..")

I dug out the letter today and in my understanding it seems what I said above would hold: i.e. its reserving the right to not issue a new card for those not in good standing, which is standard anyway.

I don't see it as a mass re-scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Phew! That's a relief, after having a credit card since the year dot I couldn't imagine having to go begging for one from some bank, don't think I have paid a bob interest in all that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Catspaw

My advice. Pick a different company. I have been with MBNA for years but am finished with them once my balance is cleared.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Catspaw wrote: »
    My advice. Pick a different company. I have been with MBNA for years but am finished with them once my balance is cleared.:mad:
    why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Catspaw

Have always paid balances, usually in full but got a 'threatening' call telling me that my card could be blocked. Forgot to post payment, only a two days late. Going to move to UCD affinity card instead. New procedures coming in with new owner.

Pointless bump. Don't do it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement