Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is my ps3 gone bust ?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

my ps3 is a ps3 fat its 5 years old and yesterday it just turned itself off and the the red LED pulses when it goes off when i turn it back on it says it wasnt turned off correctly i tried turning it on and it just did the same thing again after about 2 minutes, does it just need to be cleaned out or is it finished

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Im Not an expect but the fat ones were known to have problems. try taking it to a shop that can fix them, and they will examine it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

my ps3 is a ps3 fat its 5 years old and yesterday it just turned itself off and the the red LED pulses when it goes off when i turn it back on it says it wasnt turned off correctly i tried turning it on and it just did the same thing again after about 2 minutes, does it just need to be cleaned out or is it finished

You can try hoovering the vents but sounds like its kaput.
    Also try using sentences in your posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

If you do manage to get it working - immediately do a backup of all your data. Chances are it might be on the way out permanently and trust me - having a backup makes the transition to a newer model that much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

eddhorse wrote: »
    You can try hoovering the vents but sounds like its kaput.
    Also try using sentences in your posts :)
    i tried that it kept it going for a good bit longer but now back to the same old thing,and my grammar is less of a worry to me now, but i hope this one is a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Taltos wrote: »
    If you do manage to get it working - immediately do a backup of all your data. Chances are it might be on the way out permanently and trust me - having a backup makes the transition to a newer model that much easier.
    thanks for the tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Same happened mine, so before the solder completely cracked I stripped the black casing off and left the unit as open as possible, placed it outside on the window sill and backedup all my data. If you have playstation plus all this data backup should be auto done for you. But the unit is gona go on you any day. I was sickened because the new slim is crap compared to the fat, less usb ports, crappy matt finish, just feels cheap and poor compared to the fat. But theres nowt to do but have your backup done and get a new one. If you ring sony they offer you a discount from your local gamestop for a refurbished one, bloody farce with only 3 months warranty, all designed to make you fork out for a new unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

it maybe on the verge of getting the yellow light of death,it can be fixed

would recomend this guy .

http://www.consolepros.ie/

Advertisement