Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bottle banks

Options
  • 06-01-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭

I used to use the bottle banks in the dyke rd or tesco car parks but they werent there today where are they and other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

There are bottle banks on the nuig campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Dyke Rd ones are right beside the Black Box for now, Mr OBumble reports that it looks like they're building a better stand / drop-off point at the original place as the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I used to use the bottle banks in the dyke rd or tesco car parks but they werent there today where are they and other options?

One on the Western Distributor Road, near Dunnes, and one at Joyces in Knocknacarra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

The Tesco car park ones are still there, just further down the back of the car park towards the little pedestrian walkway up to Bohermore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Cheers for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

There are bottle banks on the nuig campus.

Where are they?

They used to be between the concourse building and the college bar, beside the bike racks, but that whole area is a building site now. Did they move them to someplace else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I hate the way they move the banks around without leaving a notice about their new location. The last time the Dyke Road ones went walkies around the car park people were just abandoning their bottles at the old spot for weeks.
    It's not a major problem for motorists as they can just leave them in the boot, but if somebody has walked half a mile with bags of bottles I can see why they just give up searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

biddywiddy wrote: »
    Where are they?

They used to be between the concourse building and the college bar, beside the bike racks, but that whole area is a building site now. Did they move them to someplace else?

Must be moved so, thats where i thought they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Is there ones in Dunnes in Terryland too?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

There are bottle banks beside the Aquarium in Salthill too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

Is there ones in Dunnes in Terryland too?
    Yes, they have moved them right back around the right hand side as you face the customer entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Meteoric wrote: »
    Yes, they have moved them right back around the right hand side as you face the customer entrance
    That would be the left hand side as you face the entrance.

Advertisement