Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Bravia kdl-46hx823 bought in 2012 - No Netflix

Options
  • 06-01-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

We bought this TV in July 2012 and it has no Netflix. I am aware 2011 models do not support it but we presumed this was a 2012 model when buying it in July 2012.

Is there any way of getting Netflix on this model?

Any help would be appreciated and apologies if this is a question that has already been asked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If it doesn't support NetFlix now it will probably never support it, it's something to do with digital rights management (DRM) I think which as you state requires that it be a 2012 model. I bought a 2011 Sony Blu-Ray player and I now know that it will never support NetFlix.

Your model was reviewed on this website in Feb. 2012 which was before the new models were announced in CES 2012 (the annual consumer electronics jamboree in Las Vegas) so I think you're in the same boat as me i.e. you have a 2011 model.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl-55hx823-46hx823-201202091653.htm

Edit: Ironic that when I reviewed my post under yours, in between our posts is an ad for NetFlix - DOH!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 harry92

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. :( Bit of a joke tbh. All internet tv's should be able to download the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

One option is to buy a cheap Sony Blu-Ray player, the 2012 models support NetFlix and some of them have built-in Wi-Fi. Or wait for the 2013 models but I'm just flagging the fact that you can get SmartTV from a Blu-Ray player so don't junk that new TV just yet!

Advertisement