Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Duffy yeah yeah sure sure

• 06-01-2013 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Now and again I'm in a setting where I have no choice but to listen to the Joe Duffy Show. As well as possibly having the stupidest callers in the country, there is another thing that gets on my nerves, and that is Joes constant use of "yeah" and "sure"

Caller: "It's absolutely disgraceful Joe, the country won't last another week if this keeps up"

Joe: "yeah yeah yeah, sure sure"

Pure head-wrecking. Anybody else in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am pretty sure this is the first time anyone has ever complained about Joe Duffy ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

dttq wrote: »
    Now and again I'm in a setting where I have no choice but to listen to the Joe Duffy Show. As well as possibly having the stupidest callers in the country, there is another thing that gets on my nerves, and that is Joes constant use of "yeah" and "sure"

Caller: "It's absolutely disgraceful Joe, the country won't last another weak if this keeps up"

I am. Sure sure :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Maybe you should log your complaint with Joe Duffy.....oh no wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Yes, I have indeed found myself in this situation. I was quickly able to get out of it by simply turning the radio off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I actually enjoy the show for its unintended comedy value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Basq wrote: »
    Am pretty sure this is the first time anyone has ever complained about Joe Duffy ever!

Especially in After Hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LonanC

I thought the best example of caller stupidity was when, after a year of advertising about the switch from aerial to digital television people rang Joe the morning after the switch over complaining about the loss of television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭sure joe

having only ever heard joe duffy as he is protrayed by mario rosenstock. I was amazed when i actually listened to him one day and realised the truth was actually funnier than the skit. he had the thickest callers with the worst voices and stupidest problems and he sounded like he didnt give a ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you should ring up one of the Dublin late night radio talkshows about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Not on a Sunday evening, no.

Liveline's annoying enough without thinking about it when it's not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭bossdrum

LonanC wrote: »
    I thought the best example of caller stupidity was when, after a year of advertising about the switch from aerial to digital television people rang Joe the morning after the switch over complaining about the loss of television.

They obviously didn't advertise long enough.
    It was analogue to digital. Aerials still work.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 halfpintofmilk

Joe annoys the bejesus out of me,with his pop psycho crap,and the guy in his ear feed,probably even more annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

Owen_S wrote: »

The irony here is that, this is not an unusual portrayal of a lot of the callers and debates that take place daily on the JDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Caller: "It's absolutely disgraceful Joe, the country won't last another week if this keeps up"

that's because he doesnt care
    all that Joe cares about is his big fat paycheque at the taxpayers' expenser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Talk to Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

what's the one on classic hits 4fm? the late night one? thats like Joe but instead of ignorant and hysterical mothers and old people you have ignorant and hysterical racists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

krudler wrote: »
    what's the one on classic hits 4fm? the late night one? thats like Joe but instead of ignorant and hysterical mothers and old people you have ignorant and hysterical racists.

FM104? It's the Adrian Kennedy phoneshow. Pure knuckle draggers....and not just the callers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

He's one of the few presenters in RTE who might actually deserve his massively inflated wage. Doing that show, listening to those people, everyday......... Head wrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

that's because he doesnt care
    all that Joe cares about is his big fat paycheque at the taxpayers' expenser

And Clontarf.

If you want a bit of the comedy without having to listen, you can always go to the Liveline page on rte.ie. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm starting to think that the person who writes the summaries secretly despises many callers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

MEOW MEOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ush1 wrote: »
    FM104? It's the Adrian Kennedy phoneshow. Pure knuckle draggers....and not just the callers.

thats the one, or Niall Boylan I think is the other fella, there was a "discussion" on transsexuals once, head exploding stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Cant stand Joe Duffy. Of the few times I've had to endure it while in the car with my dad i've noticed there always seems to be a 'Mary, from Clontarf' on it.

Mary - go and get a fecking life woman! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Basq wrote: »

Same thing goes for 99% of the threads on boards :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I used to hate it when I'd have to wait for over an hour in my Gp's waiting room listening to Joe Duffy. The radio was placed on a high shelf so that patients couldn't change the station. Jesus it was awful to listen to. I sometimes wonder if it was my Gp's way of weeding out timewasters. Kind of a test of genuine illness as surely only someone who is genuinely ill would put up with having to listen to Joe Duffy.

I've noticed over the last month or so that he's changed the station, maybe he was losing too much business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Sorry,but who's Joe Duffy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I have to listen to it from time to time, but now I've grown to like it. It's so funny all these gloom and doom miserable ****es ringing up about feck all most of the time. Myself and another lad are in stitches laughing taking the piss out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Follow the boards liveline thread while it's on, that makes the show easier to listen to.

Advertisement