Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Rifle Laws

Options
  • 06-01-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I know these are classed as a fire arm and need a license for it. A friend I know has one, and has no license saying it's only a slug gun sure what harm.

I remember many years ago this seemed to be the attitude, and I know many who had these "pellet" rifles. Just wondering what could happen to him if he was caught with it by the guards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It was the attitude. Then they passed the 1964 Firearms Act and they became firearms. So your mate is a wee bit out of touch. And if caught by the Gardai, he will be in possession of an unlicenced firearm which carries a sentence of up to (according to section 2 of the firearms act): "a fine not exceeding €10,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or both."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

He could be done for possession of an unlicensed firearm which carries a heavy fine, and/or imprisonment.

Closing thread as OP has his answer, and discussion of illegal activities is not permitted on the shooting forum. OP feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss this further.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement