Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab club Ireland?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

hello all saab car owners and fans , in ireland as such we have no saab club and i think we should . was at the saab meet today in limerick and a great turnout of saabs from a 1972 saab 96 to a rare saab 900 carlsson. i would like to get alot of interest so maybe this will go ahead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tu2j2

I'd be interested anyway.

Currently driving this

6993975396_4899c8b360.jpg
    DSC_0022 by JohnK87, on Flickr

Only a 2.0t but has a Hirsch upgrade to 210bhp so its not all bad, I'm a big fan of the old 900 turbos since my father had one when I was younger.

I don't know if you'll get enough interest, especially on here but if you don't try you'll never know. I seen the thing on donedeal for the saab meet alright but I was working, otherwise I'd have went up for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Saabturbonut

ya , have a 2 door t16 which is putting out over 210bhp but going under restoration at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jimjims64

Hi guys I would be interested in coming along to any club meetings. I have a classic 900s LPT

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

did anything ever come of the Saab club
    Ireland idea?

hello , i was on to a website maker for a website with members , forums and for sales and wanted section and members posting pictures , and any events that are coming up, and they said it would cost €100
    regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A facebook page would be a good start, I'm on an owners club and the fb page is now more active than the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

As far as expense for setting up a web site goes you can do it for free here.
    http://www.weebly.com/
    It has a very easy interface as poven by the fact that I use it :)
    http://www.michaelmcevoy.net/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4 discostu232

I'm in , 1988 black 900 turbo t 16

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any pics, love those 900s

my 1987 saab 900 flat front
    1025513_10151686369922279_1457366380_o_zpsdff3ffe3.jpg

• Advertisement

How do I add photos ? I tried to add attachment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

my 1987 saab 900 flat front
    Was that for sale on donedeal recently?

ya that 900 was for sale on donedeal recently , no calls at all , i would have included a rust free shell for €100 extra , upload pictures by joining photobucket and upload your pictures on their and when uploaded click on the image and right click on picture and click copy image url and when posting a reply on this site click on the image icon and right click and click paste

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

^^^^ Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elbartom

Hi All,

I can see that there is a big interest in setting up a Club. I wish to inform you that I am a previous member of closed IVC( Irish Volvo Club) and we have decide to open a new Club.

The Club is in formation at the moment so there is no website done as yet and Facebook account will be open shortly.

The new club will be open to any car ehnthusiastics, but mostly there will be swedish cars such as Volvo and Saab (previous members form IVC club)

I am driver of 9-3 Saab Vector Sport 1.9 TiD

Any one interested please let me know either via PM or email <snip, no mails>

The name of the club will be public later this week as we are still working on few small things

Kind Regards
    elbartom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Hey I came across the closed Volvo club this week and hoped it might startup again. I'm a big fan of both Saab and volvos. My dad had a 900 and a 95 when I was younger and they were lovely cars. Been considering an S40 lately. If the 95 was cheaper to run I'd go for one of them but at the moment I can't justify it.

Is it the new S40 or older body? Both S40 and 95 are nice cars although they are different classes. I had a V40 for few good years than I bough 9-3 Saab had that for nearly year and bought V50 and yet again I am back to Saab. Just can't pick up my mind would I prefer Saab or Volvo Sadly enough I can't afford to have to on the drive way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

The new post 2004 S40, if I can find a niice example 2l diesel that is kinda what I am in the market for at the moment.

• Advertisement

The are lovely cars as I said I had V50 for nearly a year too and I was pleased with it. I will highly recommend to find one with the high performance sound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shano121

Hi

I was looking for a saab members club but none as of yet that i can see.
    I just wanted to highlight i have my my saab for sale, it in top condition and serviced.
    If you know of anyone please point them my way

shane

<snip, use adverts.ie and similar sites for sales>

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Best to use adverts.ie for selling cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shano121

Thanks Bazz, i have it there too, may be a bad time to sell pre christmas etc

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advert removed, please use adverts.ie, donedeal, etc for sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bsaab

For what it's worth! I've a 1995 900's cabriolet that needed to front shocks - After a marathon search of two months with Saab main dealers, the regular shock fitting places I found Dara McCormack in kentstown who eats, drinks and breaths Saab - sorted me with new shocks and upper mounts all for a very reasonable price.

Hi lads there is a meeting coming on the 16th of March in Lanesborough Co. Roscommon @ 12:00pm more info here http://swedishclassics.ie/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5&start=20

hope to see you

kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dak66

Hi Guys
    Looking for a new home for our much loved Saab. More interested in a good home than squeezing the best price so well open to offers:

classiccarsales.ie/?<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ad snipped, see my previous post in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dak66

Opps. Thanks for the heads up Biko, missed that earlier post. Ad placed on both! :)

Advertisement