Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soya Beans

Options
  • 06-01-2013 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Dunno whether to have posted here or H&F but sure...

Anyone here eat soya beans on a regular basis? I do/did. I bought Frozen birdseye soya beans and found them to be a great protein source and easy to throw into dishes.
    Over the past week I've noticed none in my local dunnes, so this week again I noticed none and decided to question, apparently due to demand not being high enough they aren't stocking them anymore.

Now I've asked about trying to get some back in, and I could resort back to edamame from the Asian market. It just kind of annoyed me because I've seen this before with qourn products etc. It seems healthier products or vegetarian products are always first to get cut.
    Given the amount of products made from soya beans, surely some frozen beans would be a healthy and regular part of peoples diet?

I don't get how these wouldn't sell, maybe people just aren't aware of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Whereabouts are you based? I know JC's in Swords do the frozen soya beans. Well they did before christmas anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I don't get how these wouldn't sell, maybe people just aren't aware of them?

It could be, not that it means a while lot but I was completely unaware of the existence of frozen soya beans. I'll be keeping an eye out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,975 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tesco sometimes have own brand frozen soya beans.
    M&S usually have them.
    I've also gotten them in Polish shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

good to know other places have them, shame birdseye or dunnes don't want to supply them anymore. This was dunnes in cornelscourt BTW and he said if they don't stock them no other dunnes would either.

Advertisement