Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Tyres in the City?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get two new tyres for an almera. Just wondering wheres the best/cheapest place to get them fitted the same day?

Cheers!
    :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Larry Guinan on the cork road here

Or

selant tyres on summerhill would be my reccomendations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I always found the guy down from the Glen on Bridge St. good. It's a Northern Irish guy and his son. Forget the name, but they were sound to deal with and were quite cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Davy in Slieverue Tyres in Abbeylands Business Park will look after you. Great stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Thanks all, will ring the places mentioned above in the morning for a quote!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭budgemook

EDIT: I'm an idiot, sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

check out billy ryans on the rockshire road in ferrybank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

+1 for Slieverue tyres

Have some great deals on nearly 100% part worn tyres

Not sure about an almera but I'm sure they will be able to sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I've used sealant services on bridge street and have been really happy with them. the lads in there were very careful with the car which was nice.

For what it's worth, please don't put cheap tyres on your car. They are the only thing that connect you to the road and some of the cheap chinese ones might only be €30 each but they have no grip and are positively dangerous in the wet. If you are short on cash, stick part worn decent tyres on, they will tide you over for a while until you can get decent rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bluegoldmaster

keep away from guinan on cork rd hes a robber he should have a balaclava for the prices he charges !!! go to hanover tyres on bridge street across from fitwilton hotel father and son sound i got 4 tyres almera 100 notes last november for almera car.. u can haggle and bargain with these people whether its tyres or your in diy stores just tell u r not paying thats all i can afford but get them to do the work first say ill recommend u to others be polite its always the way i always do it they buy these tyres so bleedin cheap 5 or 6 euros each thats all so the mark up is huge so dont be shy they can well afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

keep away from guinan on cork rd hes a robber he should have a balaclava for the prices he charges !!!

Really? Want to back up your statement as he is a family member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

keep away from guinan on cork rd hes a robber he should have a balaclava for the prices he charges !!!

Couldn't agree less !!!
    Have used Guinan's for years always got a good service and a fair price

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

!!! go to hanover tyres on bridge street across from fitwilton

Is hanover tyres not on philip Street back of hyper shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

kensutz wrote: »

Surprised by the bad feeling directed at Guinans too... Used to go there previously and found the two lads out there very fair. Only changed due to Slieverue Tyres being local

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Nobody mentioned Advance Pitstop or Fast Fit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

There's a place on the Industrial Estate too, but I can't remember the name of it now.

It's in behind Corporation House, there near Kelly's/McConnells garages.

Good price and the lads seem sound.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

There's a place on the Industrial Estate too, but I can't remember the name of it now.

It's in behind Corporation House, there near Kelly's/McConnells garages.

Good price and the lads seem sound.

Think that's Moremiles, Jimmy Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deisedarren

I always go to guinans. The lads there are brill. The last time they gave me a discount on three tires I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

kensutz wrote: »

Keyboard warrior if ever there was one ken, created an I'd to post that.

My 2c is I always get part worns from pat in sealant services. Never a problem, €200 for the four for my big yoke. Last over 18 months which is great for the amount of driving I do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Well there's one thing I won't compromise on and that's tyres, you pay for what you get.

Advertisement