Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a tenant

Options
  • 06-01-2013 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A few quick questions that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

I own a house in which I lived in myself up until recently. I have moved out and am not renting it to an individual.

I know I have to set myself up correctly re registering with various places. My question is who/what do I need to notify?

From my understanding....and correct me if I am missing something, I need to register with the PRTB and also inform the tax office that we will be receiving taxable income (then it is up to us come oct or so submit what we owe)

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

This site would probably be well worth a look: http://www.irishlandlord.com/

For your own sake and for your tenants sake make sure that you read up, know and fully understand tenancy law and your legal obligations as a landlord prior to renting out your property. You are running a business now; treat it as such.

Advertisement