Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Cards that don't ask for Passport no. and driver license

Options
  • 06-01-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Is there any credit cards that you can register with simply that dose not ask for passport or driving license no.? I just want a credit card where I could use it for research purposes like the Irish newspaper archives or buying a domain name for work. Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Is there any credit cards that you can register with simply that dose not ask for passport or driving license no.? I just want a credit card where I could use it for research purposes like the Irish newspaper archives or buying a domain name for work. Any advice?

You mean like a pre-paid credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

O2 prepaid visa moneycard. Just go into any O2 shop and you can buy one. All you need do is give your name, address and email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I doubt it very much.

If you don't have a drivers license and/or passport they will still want to establish your identity in a manner that is not open to scamming or abuse. Maybe better luck with one of those 'pre-paid' credit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Your existing bank may not ask for further ID if you apply to them. Otherwise you need to use a prepaid card.

Most bank accounts in Ireland can now have Visa Debit cards issued which work as a Visa credit card in about 95% of situations.

Advertisement