Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Vets for Old Cats - Dublin

• 06-01-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am looking for a good, experienced vet for my 14 year old cat. I recently moved from England and had a great cat vet there. I am sure he needs to see a vet soon (even though he saw his previous vet 5 months ago) because he is not eating as well as he should. Please help. Many thanks. K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kristin23

But if the vet is fantastic, we'll go see her/him outside of Dublin. I am looking for a vet who is good with geriatric cats.
    kristin23 wrote: »
    I am looking for a good, experienced vet for my 14 year old cat. I recently moved from England and had a great cat vet there. I am sure he needs to see a vet soon (even though he saw his previous vet 5 months ago) because he is not eating as well as he should. Please help. Many thanks. K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

My vet, Mark, in the Ternure Vetinary Hospital is wonderful with cats, especially elderly ones. My old cat Puddy was 21 when she passed away and Mark had been treating her for cancer and ear problems for years, ensuring she lived as long and as happily as she did. Cannot be spoken of more highly in my view.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

My vet, Mark, in the Ternure Vetinary Hospital is wonderful with cats, especially elderly ones. My old cat Puddy was 21 when she passed away and Mark had been treating her for cancer and ear problems for years, ensuring she lived as long and as happily as she did. Cannot be spoken of more highly in my view.

Whilst I've no cat experience with Mark, he's a known cat fan, and is himself a lovely, kindly fella who clearly loves animals. So if you're anywhere near Terenure, Mark gets my +1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

DBB wrote: »
    Whilst I've no cat experience with Mark, he's a known cat fan, and is himself a lovely, kindly fella who clearly loves animals. So if you're anywhere near Terenure, Mark gets my +1 :)

Agreed, he was so gentle and patient with her, and a few weeks after she died I got a lovely hand written letter from him telling me how sorry he was to have put her down and that she was lovely and obviously well loved and cared for. It was enormously touching that a busy vet should take the time to do such a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Agreed, he was so gentle and patient with her, and a few weeks after she died I got a lovely hand written letter from him telling me how sorry he was to have put her down and that she was lovely and obviously well loved and cared for. It was enormously touching that a busy vet should take the time to do such a thing.

He is great. We used to live in Terenure and when we moved we still continue to go to him. Very caring man. He has opened up another practice in Dundrum (old shopping centre) which I go to now as it is closer to me. Adrienne the other vet works there mostly who is also amazing. I didn't realise how good they were until experiencing the vets beside my new house! Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

do you have access to your cats vet file from your vet in the uk it may be of great help to new vet and save a lot of questions for you to answer re previous meds etc

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭no1girliegirl

I bring my 20year old cat to Denis Shannon in bull wall vet clinic. He's very nice and an excellent vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I bring my 20year old cat to Denis Shannon in bull wall vet clinic. He's very nice and an excellent vet.
    +1 Ive recommended him a few times on here too, he's a gent.

Advertisement